Is Manowar a serious band?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tkl7, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

EXACTLY! so true..too many! of course they are a legitimate band...Spinal Tap was a JOKE...

2. EndorphinMachine

EndorphinMachine Forum Resident

I can't think of five metal bands I'd rather have a compilation disc with me to a deserted island. When Manowar's good, they're fabulous. And there's a lot of fabulous on those first four albums.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

right on brother!: )

Weirwolfe likes this.
  4. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

well, the most manliest release of the year just happened

5. Sear

Sear Dad rocker

They think they are but no

bzfgt likes this.
  6. Omnio

Omnio _ _ _ ____ ____ _ _ _

Interestingly, where eagles fly was also recorded with Sarah Brightman who picked Eric to sing a duet with, but for whatever reason, that song didn't end up on her album.

Max Florian likes this.
  7. Trillmeister

Trillmeister Forum Resident

Lenny, do we know how long that last track, 'Immortal,' is? Otherwise, the timings per song seem short - rendering this EP anything but extended. Hail!

Weirwolfe likes this.
  8. bzfgt

bzfgt The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

There will always be a place in my heart for the first two albums and much of HTE, but this is very accurate...although I think even certain band members have been in on the joke, I can't believe Ross the Boss didn't see the humor in the whole trip

lenny nero and Sear like this.
  9. Weirwolfe

Weirwolfe Forum Resident

Hail!!

lenny nero and bzfgt like this.
  10. Fonz

Fonz Forum Resident

Interview with Ross the Boss in this month’s Guitar World.

bzfgt likes this.
  11. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

I don't know, the press release i saw didn't list it for some reason. Rest assured, whatever the length, it will the least false of lengths....ever.

Max Florian and bzfgt like this.
  12. vonseux

vonseux Re-channeled Stereo

very cool video, it approaches the history of the band in both their SERIOUS and Comical value

Max Florian and Omnio like this.
  13. Hope they are ( a joke band, I mean). They've always been borderline comical to me. One of my best buddies is a total Manowar nut and I've been clowning him since 1994. Anyway, just kiddin'. To each his own... It's me. I just don't get it.

bzfgt likes this.
  14. Omnio

You should stick to Nanowar then! ;)

Candlegoat and bzfgt like this.
  15. Love them, ahahahah

16. elvisizer

elvisizer Forum Resident

manowar is serious the same way that monster magnet is serious- they both are and aren't, simultaneously

17. bzfgt

bzfgt The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

By all accounts, Joey DeMaio is dead serious

vonseux and lenny nero like this.
  18. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

Was hoping they were a Portuguese Jellyfish tribute band.

But…no.

19. Johnny Rock N' Roll

Johnny Rock N' Roll Forum Resident

The problem with Manowar going the EP route is, on most of the records post Sign of the Hammer, maybe Fighting the World, there is so much filler (and not the usual acceptable filler either) that surround the truly amazing tracks. So when they do EPs, it's like one good song with a bunch of spoken word tracks and piano interludes to round it out.

Between The Odyssey EP and that other EP the released a couple years ago, there is about one good song, ha.

Some of my favorite Manowar songs, and even heavy metal songs in general, came from Manowar albums in the 90s and early 2000s. But I have to do some serious cherry picking from those albums.

bzfgt likes this.
  20. elvisizer

elvisizer Forum Resident

so is Dave Wyndorf . . .doesn't mean they're not having fun at the same time.

Weirwolfe and bzfgt like this.
  21. Omnio

I'm an avid consumer of Joey's art (and he's a first-class musician, no doubt about it) but I separate and ignore all the BS from that. I can't help it, it's like he is writing those songs directly to me.

22. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Holy hell, how did I just find out that Michael Angelo Batio is the guitarist on their new tour?

vonseux likes this.
  23. vonseux

this is THE BEST thing that happened to Manowar since Warriors of the World united IMO

having Batio onboard is the kind of silly awesomeness that will SELL TICKETS

24. EndorphinMachine

EndorphinMachine Forum Resident

Serious question, not trying to bully at all: are you serious?

Apart from Ross returning or an absurdly high profile name like Richie Sambora, I couldn't see many musicians adding to Manowar's appeal.

25. vonseux

Seriously!

Having Batio in the band falls into the category "an absurdly high profile" but much better than Sambora (on this music genre and fandom),

" I couldn't see many musicians adding to Manowar's appeal." exactly, Batio is THAT musician that can add such appeal

Weirwolfe and The Hud like this.