Three's Company: Janet, Chrissy, Cindy or Terri?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Baba Oh Really, May 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it's just me

it's just me Active Member

How is Janet leading? She was the most attractive women on the show next to Ms Roper.

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Janet is the one that's not a "bombshell", so she gets all the "girl next door" votes.

The other 3 were variations on the same character, kinda - I mean, Cindy and Terri only appeared because Somers left the show.

JediJones likes this.
  3. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

I don't agree with that. From what I can tell online, I think Cindy (Jenilee Harrison) aged the best of all of them. Still very fit, pretty face and doesn't appear to have morphed into a different person via plastic surgery.

t-man 54 and milankey like this.
  4. it's just me

it's just me Active Member

Ment to say Unattractive .

5. But, that's the point. It's people's opinions. It's a poll.

6. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

I've been watching Three's Company back lately, and by season 4, the Chrissy character is simply unbearable. They wrote her to be so dumb that it stopped being funny, and on top of that, her voice got higher pitched and her facial expressions became dumber. Awful.

In terms of looks, I didn't think she was anything special either. Cindy and Terri were better looking and far less annoying, but my vote goes to Janet...In terms of character and looks, especially Season 2 and 3 with the longer curly hair. Plus she could fill out a pair of jeans much better than any of the others.

SirCandy likes this.
  7. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Obviously not.

8. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Joyce DeWitt did look better with the longer, curly hair, compared to her later seasons' hair 'do but I actually thought she looked best in the first season. And as far as her character goes, she remained pretty consistent throughout the whole run, being the voice of reason almost all of the time (except in the episode where she wore the blonde wig to get attention-Then she was as loony as the others could get)...

Zach Johnson likes this.
  9. Grand_Ennui

I agree with you as far as Cindy being in the same ditzy blonde role as Chrissy, but, though she was blonde, Terri was definitely not the airhead/bubble head that Chrissy and/or Cindy could be.

eddiel likes this.
  10. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

Janet sexy in a Mary Ann sort of way, more down to earth seems to have a good head on her shoulders, someone you could introduce to mom and Dad

SirCandy likes this.
  11. Armjim

Armjim Music is indeed a gift from Heaven

I voted for Chrissy-after the first season her character was modeled somewhat after Gracie Allen. For me, that was funny and enjoyable to watch.

12. Oatsdad

I said "kinda"! :D

13. Oatsdad

Gotta disagree. Dawn Wells was just plain sexy, whereas Joyce DeWitt... not so much.

Just never found her to be attractive... :shrug:

Crungy, Rich-n-Roll and t-man 54 like this.
  14. Chuckee

Chuckee Forum Resident

I voted Chrissy, If by looks it would be Cindy.

15. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

I'm a 6'2" guy married to a 5'1" woman. I always found Joyce to be the sexiest AND most attractive on the show. Never understood the Lana attraction, however.

SirCandy likes this.
  16. Do no speak the name. :cop:

Larry Geller likes this.
  17. CantonJester

CantonJester Lost faces say we adore you…

They always dressed up Janet in these frumpy brown smock-like dresses and the blondes always in tight-fitting, cleavage-revealing outfits.

(Btw, Bailey was always hotter than Jennifer by a long shot, too)…

lbangs and Larry Geller like this.
  18. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

For all you "Janet" /Joyce DeWitt haters, here's the actress we could of had as "Jenny":

[​IMG]

19. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

Beauty is in the eye of the be holder-Margaret Wolfe Hungerford Two different women two different kinds of sexy

20. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

As a kid, I watched Three's Company for John Ritter. When I wanted to watch "sexy ladies" I watched Charlie's Angels...

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  21. Grand_Ennui

Lana really wasn't around long enough to even gain a (potential) following...

22. She was just aweful. And, Jack knew it. Everything about her was creepy and disgusting. Worst sitcom character ever.

Larry Geller likes this.
  23. Grand_Ennui

I think the cast of 'Friends' would like a word with you... ;) :)

24. Oatsdad

Not sure what your height comments have to do with JDW's attractiveness. I guess you're implying that you just dig short women and that's why you liked her? :confused:

I barely remember Lana, but from the blurb I read online, it's unclear who was attracted to her beyond Mr. Furley.

The blurb indicates Jack avoided her like the plague, which kinda implies she wasn't that attractive, doesn't it?

Though I think the show intended to convey Jack wasn't into Lana because she was considerably older than he was.

"Cougars" weren't really a thing in this period, and the notion of an older woman - even if not "old", which Ann Wedgeworth wasn't - going after a younger guy was viewed as "icky" back then.

As for AW's looks... she wasn't an unattractive woman but I admit she didn't do a lot for me.

She kinda had that Loni Anderson thing where she checks the "voluptuous sexpot" boxes but just seems... I dunno, cartoony to me...

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  25. Oatsdad

Really? I had no idea - I thought everyone always agree on what is/isn't attractive. :shh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.