#BadMoviesILove

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Speedmaster, Jun 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedmaster

Speedmaster We’re all walking through this darkness on our own Thread Starter

Ok, so I like the well made flick as much as the other guy or girl. I mean, love the medium too much to sometimes see it used and abused for money grabs or vanity projects. With dismall results sometimes.

But (!), I love me a bad movie that just becomes a fun watch. I mean, after suffering through The English Patient or The Shining, I relax with an entertaining bad movie.

Exhibit A: Alien vs. Predator Requiem

Now here’s an unapologetic bad movie that entertained me from start to finish. More than most Alien or Predator entries from the last 20 years or so.

The makers of AvP:R didn’t have too big a budget, so they made it so dark you can’t see the SFX half the time anyway. And nobody’s safe: men, women, infants. All is fair game. Most people thought it was trash, and I agree. But I liked it anyway.

[​IMG]

What’s your favorite #BadMovieYouLove?

2. Speedmaster

Here’s another one: Life.

Haven’t seen a movie that looked this gorgeous, but filled with such plot holes and scientist characters who act so dumb and unprofessional. But man, I still love the crap out of this one. It’s essentially an Alien rip off.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  3. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

I actually liked this one.
    Not great, to be sure but entertaining which is all we can ask for at times.
    I particularly liked it when that kid got the face hugger treatment right after his dad.

MikaelaArsenault and Speedmaster like this.
  4. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Liked this one a lot.
    Sure it's filled with nonsensical plot holes but it's quite watchable and great that a major star in it dies very early on.

MikaelaArsenault and Speedmaster like this.
  5. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Loved this as a child in the early 60s and still enjoy it today. Fear the Gargan!

Teenagers From Outer Space

6. Speedmaster

Don’t know this one, but it looks like it belongs in this thread :D

Agreed, and it’s a beautiful movie to look at. And I don’t mean Rebecca Ferguson. The set design and cinematography are awesome.

But the script and dialogue are B-grade. And that’s ok in this case!

7. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

And it's also a very quotable.....

[​IMG]

8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

9. Speedmaster

The ultimate #BadMovieILove: Road House

[​IMG]

10. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

[​IMG]

David Carradine, Candy Clark, Michael Moriarity-all the greats!

11. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

I came here to post this! Incredibly, unbelievably, off-the-charts stupid on every imaginable level. And yet it manages to be as entertaining as it is stupid. "I need a special kind of bouncer to clean up this dive bar!" Seriously, the stakes in the plot could not have been lower, but it's treated like they're saving the world from nuclear annihilation. 80s trash magic. :love::laugh::-popcorn:

dan c

12. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

13. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

[​IMG]

The 70s was a helluva drug.

14. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

15. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

16. Bruce Racket

Bruce Racket Forum Resident

The Baby (1972) is a must see. I watched it last weekend on Joe Bob Briggs Last Drive-In and loved it. It was well done with plenty of twists. Great acting and writing too. And the ending nails it. A very enjoyable PG rated movie.

17. Bruce Racket

Society (1989) is another gem I saw on Joe Bob Briggs Last Drive-In. If you are into "bad movies" check it out without reading about the ending. Enjoy!

18. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

[​IMG]
    Extremely low budget slasher film with no plot except for a psychopath sawing people in half. Special effects make Hershel Gordon Lewis' look realistic, which, if they were even remotely well done, would make this unwatchable. Lots of 70's staches and decor and it was filmed in Oneonta, NY as a bonus, and shows the college campus of SUNY Oneonta where my father went to college after WWII.

19. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I love The Last Drive-In.

20. Bruce Racket

Joe Bob Briggs is a National Living Treasure. The Last Drive-In is pure gold.

MikaelaArsenault and Pinknik like this.
  21. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own

22. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own

23. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Night Of The Lepus (1972)

'Run! There's a horde of man-eating rabbits heading this way!!!'

24. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

25. Rich-n-Roll