Sleeve city alternative

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Vagante, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Vagante

Vagante Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sleeve city alternative

After going through mobile fidelity sleeves and others I really like sleeve city’s audio file inter and outer sleeves. The problem is they are basically in a holding pattern and many sleeves that I need or back ordered until October. Please give me an alternative with a comparable inner sleeve and outer sleeve.

2. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

How about sharing some specifics? :confused:

3. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

4. Vagante

To be specific again For Old Fred I like the audio file model inner sleeve and outer sleeve that sleeves City makes. I do not care for the mobile Fidelity sleeves as they are pretty flimsy. I would like to find another company that makes quality inner sleeves and our sleeves comparable to what sleeve City does with their audio file models

5. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

if you mean the 5.0 thick clear outersleeves from sleevecity? yea i used to love those before the pandemic hit and are never in stock.

i tried a few others but i recommend the mobile fidelty 4.0 archival outer sleeves. they are just as big as the sleevecity 5.0 however slightly thinner since its only 4.0 so it feels just slightly cheaper but its the closest thing imo...

as for innersleeves i switch to those japanese round bottom rice paper sleeves. super easy to take records out. and super cheap.

[​IMG]

edit: i see you already tried mofi...

search the internet for 5.0 / 5mil thick outersleeves.... i couldnt find any though...

6. Vagante

And where do you get the Japanese rice paper round bottom sleeves?

7. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

8. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

McLover likes this.
  9. Vagante

Thank you sir

10. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

I'm asking about the mm, etc.
    Or give us links to the backordered pages, so we know SPECIFICALLY what you want.
    Make sense?

11. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

12. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

I'm fairly certain those Sleeve City sleeves have said backordered and due in October for something like two years already....

Ere and AaronW like this.
  13. Vagante

9224 Diskeeper Ultimate Outer 2.5
    312NRPS Diskeeper Audiophile Inner Sleeve
    312DRPS Diskeeper Double Audiophile LP Sleeve

14. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

15. Vagante

16. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

They are very similar. These are Record Happy brand on Amazon. I buy them because they are cheap. I am a value added seller. I throw away the inner, unless it has value like a printed inner. I also put all my vinyl in new or recycled protective outer sleeves. And of course I have a VPI RCM to clean all my vinyl at time of sale.

I especially hate those rounded inners. They get thrown out right away. They bend way to easy.

17. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

18. Vagante

I saw that and I came to same conclusion. I ordered some and the 3mm outers. We will see. Hopeful.

19. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Are you sure that these are the "rice paper" variety? I am seeing this style being done in other materials that is not the nice thin Japanese style rice paper. These look like the fakes, with no mention at all of what material is used. I mean it is on the package but not in the seller listing?

I have bought quite a few packs in recent years, so I am asking because I am not finding the real things lately.

20. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

yea...i always assumed it was the same material because they feel the same and look the same. but the real japanese ones are slighty thinner i think?

But ive had no problems really with these so i continued to use them.

21. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

misterjones likes this.
  22. misterjones

As far as I can tell, these are identical to the MoFi sleeves (except for the printing, of course).

ScramMan2 likes this.
  23. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

I have been ordering Sleeve City products for years - late last summer I needed to place another order and noticed the 'Backordered until October' notice on several items, so I waited until October passed and the notice never changed. Eventually I placed a large order on March 4th and it was shipped on May 1st. I see now that the outer sleeves are backordered until September 2022 but I'm guessing they are being more specific since they didn't update the previous backorder status for a long time after last October. For me it was worth the wait. The 3mil resealable outer sleeves were what I most needed - this time I bought 5 50 packs so I won't run out again for a while.

Vagante likes this.
  24. misterjones

Make sure to check other sellers. My link might not be the best price. But price differences may be the result of having or not having rice paper.

25. Hulloder

Hulloder Forum Resident

They are IMPOSSIBLE to get in the UK - I could buy them through Amazon previously but for 2 years there has been no stock and when I contacted Sleeve City directly they said to order through their website. The shipping cost was close to $200. Thats insane.

I'm hoping that at some point in 2023 they get production ramped back up - I have a few years of vinyl that I really want in a nice outer sleeve!