Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident Thread Starter

When an item requires a $35 minimum order for free shipping, there will be a note saying "Only ships with $35 orders" below the "Add to Cart button. Most CDs and Vinyl items don't require a minimum $35 purchase for free shipping with Red Card.

hutlock and Davidmk5 like this.
  2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

So you like the Janet ? it's like a 50/50 Opinion on that one on Discogs , some say it sounds muffled ...... sure looks cool :righton:

VERY nice scores , i didn't see anything like that at the store i was in last night , i may try another tonight & see what they have ....thanks !

3. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I went to 5 all together on a 105f afternoon. Should have quit after 3 as the last 2 had nothing but some half offs that I had previous bought or didn't want.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  4. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Beach House Once Twice Melody is a great album…that is great price.

jamesc likes this.
  5. rogertheshrubber

rogertheshrubber Senior Member

Anybody know when the Target vinyl sale will end? Will they keep it going through Prime Days 7/12-13?

6. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

If it's a clearance, Target will progressively increase the discount until it's gone.

7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

well they've got their "advertised" sale of stuff that's both online and in stores, and then the clearance that may or may not be marked or even on clearance in-store. i thought the advertised stuff ended soon.

superstar19 likes this.
  8. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Yeah, that's why I put the "if". Wasn't sure if this was advertised or a clearance/mark-down effort. Sounds like both may be in play here?

GentleSenator likes this.
  9. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I can say i was in a target tonight & they are still up & running as of today so it did not end on saturday .

Got me a Double Lionel richie tonight which was $10.95 blue vinyl .

superstar19 likes this.
  10. cyngus

cyngus Forum Resident

Just an FYI I received Abbey Road today and it is the Canadian pressing. Apparently the USA pressings were terrible (per many on Discogs). This pressing sounds very nice.

oldjollymon, Reese and SJP like this.
  11. cyngus

cyngus Forum Resident

Sorry, looks like I spoke too soon. There is some nasty noise when I hit She’s So Heavy.

Did a quick cleaning and vacuum before playing as it did have paper dust. Not sure if a deeper cleaning will take care of this, but I don’t think so.

12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Is it at the end of the track ? Lol

13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I hit up two Targets on the way back from a meeting in Ontario this afternoon and found all four of the clearance LPs I was looking for.
    • Steely Dan - Northeast Corridor
    • U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind (2 LP)
    • Beach House - Once Twice Melody
    • Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raise The Roof
    Only one had a clearance price sticker and none were in a separate clearance section. Thanks to all who posted their scores! They might have been hard to find otherwise.

jamesc, kevinkasson and GentleSenator like this.
  14. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

15. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I noticed that as well but I just returned from my local target and the big sale tags were still on the displays.

The section was a mess with no organization whatsoever. I found Bowie Changes, Go-Go's Greatest, Tom Petty Greatest (Blue Vinyl) and the Aerosmith record. All scanned at the sale price so I'd say it may be worth visiting a store in the next day or 2 and see if the deal is still active "in house".

jamesc, Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  16. Yep. I picked up Tom Petty Greatest and White Stripes Greatest this afternoon for half price. They weren't labelled in any way, and I saw no clearance bins of any type.

faceinthecrowd, hutlock and Davidmk5 like this.
  17. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I too was at a target tonight , they are still indeed scanning at sale prices still .

18. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I'm gonna check tomorrow!

19. cyngus

cyngus Forum Resident

Abbey Road has the same noise on side 2 starting end of Money, and worsens on Sun King. Looking at the record under good light there is thump print size blotch on both sides. Looks to be in the vinyl.

20. cyngus

cyngus Forum Resident

Notice I said “when I hit She’s So Heavy” not after. Smart ass. :laugh:

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  21. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Just checked my local Target. Half off titles still on sale, with shelf tags out. Robert Plant & Allison Kraus Raise The Roof on clearance for $8.39, but not marked as such. If you scan the barcode on the Target circle app, it shows full price, but rings up on clearance when checking out.

Davidmk5 and fmfxray373 like this.
  22. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Indeed they still have things on sale and clearance (depending on store). I saw a Red Hot Chili Peppers greatest hits Target exclusive that was on clearance for $10 at one of the Targets here.

joelee and JasonA like this.
  23. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

The current GZMedia Canada reissue of the Abbey Road remix just smokes the 2019 QRP. The first 4 songs on side 2 are very quiet for an AR pressing. The Canadian reissue of the Giles Pepper is outstanding also.

24. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Maybe we should start a swap thread to trade finds from different Target stores, lol.

joelee likes this.
  25. ivor

ivor Senior Member

I've had some super quiet GZ pressings too, but my copy of Beatles 1 from Canada has really annoying noise between tracks. I almost bought another Sign o the Times today, but given that only 1 in 10 seems decent I didn't like my odds. My store still had quite a few things, like 8+ copies of the Chili Peppers record.

Davidmk5 likes this.