Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab has been cutting vinyl from digital since a long, long time ago...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ben Adams, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

Particularly it makes look dumb the people that think the issue of Digital vs Analogue is so simplistic and black and white.

2. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Eh, they need all the sales help they can get. If he is willing to sell, Id imagine they are willing to distribute.

They didnt miss a beat to make a buck then, I bet they wont now.

JFSebastion and Uglyversal like this.
  3. Victor Martell

Victor Martell Forum Resident

Indeed! And in comparison, I don't think Fremer came out a great - sure, credit was given for his efforts, but to reveal his communication, well, imho doesn't look great.

v

JFSebastion and riff2112 like this.
  4. thrivingonariff

thrivingonariff Forum Resident

None of this really answers my question.

I've yet to hear Fremer say that Mike E was a "liar." Unless you can cite an example of that, uh.....I think you know the rest.

weirdo12 likes this.
  5. Randy

Randy Never Complain About The A/C On A Private Jet

If anyone has taken umbrage to my use of the word "sycophant," then I apologize. I never intended to insult, just to describe a particular type.

no.nine, highfell and Victor Martell like this.
  6. MonkeyTennis

MonkeyTennis Billie Eilish style

Of course: that’s what I am trying to convey in the final sentence.

I suspect that it started through necessity (due to constraints re: access), and, eventually, whatever they are doing in the digital domain, enabled them to achieve that MoFi sound more reliably. Plus it’s cheaper. Plus it’s easier.

I don’t believe, however, that Rob, Shaun, and Krieg, sat in that darkened room in the spring of 2005, suddenly exclaimed eureka before declaring DSD to be the final missing ingredient for the perfection of sound. But then I am naturally inclined towards cynicism.

highfell, BuyMeVinyl and audiotom like this.
  7. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

It's fascinating on a number of levels. The tension is just unbelievable at times; you feel it even though it is a video on screen. It's actually the most powerful video of them all on the subject.

8. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

I do recall him insinuating that in one of these YouTube things. Possibly the afterthoughts on 45’s channel right after Mike E’s exposé

Ingenieur likes this.
  9. Ingenieur

Ingenieur Just a dog looking for a home...

That could mean 2 things
    I have not provided the info you need
    You don't comprehend

Do your own research.
    Fremer has not acquitted himself in a positive light by calling people liars and character assassination.

10. weirdo12

weirdo12 Forum Resident

I think that's what Fremer said too.

11. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I’ll give you that perspective because it’s yours. I think this whole thing makes even the so called “smart” people look stupid (or not so smart as they like to think they are).

The bottom line for me is the records sound as great as ever. We were all singing their praises until we found out one thing. Then, suddenly, it’s all fire and brimstone. How does that not look stupid to anyone with a realistic perspective on things?

mpayan and Pali Gap like this.
  12. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

Also from a completely detached and uninterested point which makes her opinion fairly irrelevant. Try asking me about a scandal about knitting patterns, Pokemon or golf.

13. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

Dumb is being shown the truth and continuing to deny it. Believing something, being shown/ discovering otherwise, and moving forward? That’s called learning.

thrivingonariff likes this.
  14. Otto Konrad

Otto Konrad Forum Resident

I think we can both agree is Mike

I don’t think anyone would say 2000 for an early press blue note is too much. But I appreciate the correction. You were clearly watching out for your customer there, but more generally, the moment feels a bit carney and I think the you tubing is contributing to the frenzy.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  15. spewey

spewey Senior Member

There’s still hope for Armed Forces…. Isn’t there?? :D:D:D

16. weirdo12

weirdo12 Forum Resident

That is baloney.

kundryishot and thrivingonariff like this.
  17. thrivingonariff

I'll check that out later, but "insinuating" is often a matter of interpretation, which opens the door to bias (which we all have to some degree).

18. Ingenieur

Ingenieur Just a dog looking for a home...

grx8 and JFSebastion like this.
  19. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Thanks, I've been getting a lot of practice lately. :)
    We used to go down to this little club in Piermont, NY to hear bands. A friend was playing--Bill Murray was seated at our table. During the break, a bunch of people came over to do the "we're not worthy" thing with Murray; I tend to avoid doing that kind of thing, thinking -just leave the guy alone. When he got up to go outside, I said "dude, you are taller than you look on TV." He said, "Yeah, I've been working out." Funny.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    JFSebastion, Kyhl, Fullbug and 4 others like this.
  20. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Hey Ben, do you work for Mike at The In Groove?

Otto Konrad likes this.
  21. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I can think of at least two on youtube that Id trust way more. And several on this forum.

22. thrivingonariff

I think I'll just say that I find your response to my request for evidence supporting your claim that Fremer has called Mike E a "liar" to be a tad ironic, and leave it at that.

23. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

That's certainly a take.

Fruff76 likes this.
  24. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

I don’t think Google provides the answer for the context in which the word “journalist” was weaponized by Fremer.

25. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

NOBODY said that. I simply posted the dictionary definition, which of course was ridiculed because it was more simplistic than some here would have preferred. Usually considered a good reference IMO!