"The Orville," sci-fi comedy series from Seth MacFarlane.*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, May 15, 2017.

1. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I heard some weeks ago that Seth McFarlane does not see the series going beyond one more season, reason being that he has many more series ideas that he is interested in launching. Another bad sign I see is the change in title from “The Orville” to “The Orville: New Horizons.” That’s what Disney always does when a TV series is winding down: change the title and change the location. Of course they have not changed the “location” and 20th is not Disney, but still, it is worrying! :laugh:

2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Maybe a reverse tribute to Enterprise?

Started with just the show title, then got Star Trek stuck on it for the last 2(?) seasons.

3. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

At least LaMarr only broke his arm and leg and not the appendage that I expect was getting the most use :p

Geoff

Linger63 and Rachael Bee like this.
  4. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Going out on a quality high note can be good. Writers don't stick around forever and everyone's salaries keep going up.

I would be happy with another season or two and then calling it quits if they can keep the writers and core production team together. I'm not as tied to some of the characters but obviously there are some key ones that need to stay.

Rachael Bee likes this.
  5. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I suspect that the show will linger as long as Seth feels it's good to be the captain... ;)

6. Rachael Bee

This week's show is really good. It's Moclan related. Dolly Parton is a guest star. Who'd have ever thought that Dolly would be on a sci-fi show! I think that it's also the longest episode so far. I think that it ran about 84 minutes.

'05Train and Linger63 like this.
  7. Rachael Bee

I'm working on a new song, "...walk like a Kaylon..." ;) I'm also working on a treaty with the Kaylons that will prevent war if Walk Like A Kaylon becomes a hit.

8. BeatleJWOL

Now coming to Disney+, apparently:

omikron, boggs and Rachael Bee like this.
  9. Rachael Bee

Does that mean they'll also stay available at HULU ? I didn't hear a word like exclusive.

10. omikron

Good news. They ought to get a viewership bump with this.

It also bodes well that Disney must like the show to move it over from Hulu.

The cast and crew seem positive that Orville as a show is not dead yet.

We shall see what the future holds.

Linger63 likes this.
  11. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Strewth. There was beaucoup pew pew in that episode.

Geoff

12. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

I wonder if Disney is going to edit out the swear words in the season three episodes? And what about the gay marriage and transgender episodes?

13. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

Disney is definitely into PRIDE.

14. BeatleJWOL

They've got a "mature content" filter and R rated films on there now. It's only the Deadpool and Logan (of the X-Men) films, for now, of course. I guess Get Back technically counts too since it did disappear for users that didn't update their settings.

boggs likes this.
  15. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

When you're "excited to announce" that you're just changing the shows you've already produced from one venue to another venue...that is definitely a non-announcement. His only real excitement about this is he must have gotten another check for it.

Whether or not there are more shows coming, this is akin to telling grocery store customers they can now find the Mac & Cheese in Aisle 5.

JonUrban and BeatleJWOL like this.
  16. DaveinMA

DaveinMA Some guy

17. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

NO SPOILERS!

18. omikron

Vidiot likes this.
  19. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

He looks familiar, but I can't place him. The electric bass player looks like the guy who played with Billy Joel for years

20. '05Train

'05Train Crashin' & Flyin' & Livin' & Dyin'

Very satisfying season. Hope it moves forward, as it seems that the show's really found its voice.

oceanvibe, Linger63 and boggs like this.
  21. oceanvibe

oceanvibe Forum Resident

Just finished the third season and this show is just fantastic. Hoping for a fourth season. The door seem to be open for it.

Linger63 likes this.
  22. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Don't have Disney (here in Canada).....what are the chances of a BR/DVD release,
    I wonder?

23. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

They are out here in the states on Amazon.

24. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Not the current season.....