Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

Good feedback, I was half thinking of buying this, I have the original vinyl release, but in fairly ragged condition ( one of the few Beatles related records in my collection) This is one of the great benefits of this forum - you get honest, unbiased feedback from people who know what they are talking about - most of the time :edthumbs: !

scobb, croquetlawns and Big Swifty like this.
  2. December_boy

December_boy Forum Resident

More of a warning…

Don’t buy from this ad.

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon (Vinyl/LP) https://amzn.asia/d/1ozgjNh

It suggests you will receive an older US pressing in the States. There is a suitably worn looking LP in the pictures for the ad.

Description
    SMAS-11163. HARVEST 1973

You don’t.

You get a bog standard recent repress. Sealed. From Australia.

imarcq, croquetlawns and sleeptalker like this.
  3. Candyflip Records

Candyflip Records vinyl lover

Which I hope you are immediately returning for 'not as advertised' for full refund?

ispace and croquetlawns like this.
  4. westcj

The Sex Pistols - 76-77 | Amazon.com.au | Music

Kudos to Amazon UK, the above arrived today in regional Victoria from the UK, ten days after ordering and very well packaged.

Great value for $50 - well within my limit of $15 per CD for a box set .Three CDs had more than 70 minutes of music on each, one with 55 minutes. Not much in the way of liner notes/booklet and some repetition of songs but listening to it did restore my faith in punk and erased any memory of the 1990's Sex Pistols!

5. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

How's the sound quality? Not that I expect punk to be audiophile, but is there a lot of hiss etc?

6. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

What an interesting, and strange for me, way of asking about audio quality.

The thing that is wrong with most punk and related material of the late 70's which have modern re-releases is the excessive compression. With the doco on SBS on Public Image Limited I looked up their recordings, and some had a DR of 14, which is an amazingly dynamic.

When there is some hiss in an original recording, the issue is whether we get the original or they apply no-noise or similar. For the audio nuts applying no-noise is usually seen as a negative.

croquetlawns likes this.
  7. croquetlawns

I should have been clearer - I meant hiss from old cassette s of rehearsals and live shows, demo recordings etc., basically is it bootleg-level stuff getting an official release? A bit like the live stuff on the Iggy Pop Berlin Years box that a lot of people on this forum complained about.

MichaelCPE likes this.
  8. westcj

Sound quality is better than expected, given that many of the tracks are fairly rough demos or just mucking around in the studio - no distortion ,clear sound and I had it pumped up to 11! The early recordings also reminded me that Jones wasn't a bad guitarist . I have always preferred McLaren's "Spunk " alternative version of "Never Mind The Bollocks", so I tend to judge the sound quality by the vibe rather than the acoustics!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  9. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Got my Rumer double album. Exceptionally well packaged.

10. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

It's down to $42 now. I'm going for it.

Sex Pistols

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B0977CFR16/

11. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

12. Big Swifty

Adelaideans - put this in your calendar:

Harvest Festival - Rymill Park November 19-20

Jack White (only Australian show), The Black Crowes, Kurt Vile (only Australian show), Groove Armada, Crowded House, Courtney Barnett, You Am I, The Avalanches and heaps more.

See you there!

Bulsara, GregorSamsa, westcj and 5 others like this.
  13. Big Swifty

I ended up buying this and it arrived today. I cannot find a thing wrong with it. I showed it to two other people and no one can find an imperfection. Listening to it now with no problem. These Warehouse deals are good.

Frightwig, Easy-E, imarcq and 2 others like this.
  14. westcj

15. westcj

I've bought quite a few books and CDs from Amazon Warehouse and they have always been As New or very close to it

croquetlawns, Big Swifty and Mylene like this.
  16. westcj

Good news - my copy of Stone Foundation "Is Love Enough" arrived today and the correct CD was inside. Bad news - it is very lame jazzy soul - Polish rap may have been better !

17. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

I was about to when I read the description. You took a chance and it paid off :D

Big Swifty and westcj like this.
  18. Big Swifty

Easy-E, croquetlawns and Bonddm like this.
  19. Big Swifty

20. Big Swifty

GregorSamsa and Aussie pressing like this.
  21. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

Mylene likes this.
  22. croquetlawns

23. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Where's my Sex Pistols box? I've heard nothing!

Due 31/8. My bad.

24. Big Swifty

Mine's currently in Germany.

Mylene and croquetlawns like this.
  25. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

The Pistols are doing their European Tour.