Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Super Deluxe Edition - 11 LPs/1CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rhino4evr, Apr 19, 2022.

1. shades

shades Forum Resident

I did not create an account. When I check order status via order number I get this message -

Sorry this order number, email or postal code does not match our records. Check your records and try again..

I have been receiving emails for the advance downloads so I don’t know if this is a problem or not.

let us know when you hear back.

2. Trag

Trag Forum Resident

The reissue pre-orders were done through a different site. I’m guessing they haven’t integrated that Salesforce (or whatever) with their main site.

shades likes this.
  3. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

I had the same response before I logged in when the order search engine didn't give me a result like it did a month ago when I last checked. I received both downloads as normal via email and with the last one just being from 10 days ago, it led me to check again via both order number and then the account login to see if by chance there were any updates on the order.

That would make some sense. I hope it's that simple and they just didn't delete the pre-orders for whatever reason. My card still has the charge on it from April, so I'm hoping it just means that the order is being processed and it's still coming along.

4. BlackCircleVinyl

BlackCircleVinyl Forum Resident

Just received this message from the Australian Wilco store:
    "Dear customer, due to production delays Nonesuch Records has moved the release date of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Deluxe back two weeks to September 30."
    Damn it... Still, 2 weeks is better than 2 months!

5. Vinyl or CD?I ordered the 8 CD version from them and haven’t received that email (yet?).

6. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Wish they would use some of the vinyl to press Cruel Country. 11 LPs for YHF is overkill. Not the best format for outtakes/live tracks in my opinion, much easier to work with on CDs. Wonder how many times anyone will play all of it in full. Will get the CD set when the price comes down

7. Just checked.The CD is delayed 2 weeks as well.

BlackCircleVinyl likes this.
  8. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

I got the update via email this morning:

Thank you for contacting us!

We are currently upgrading the ecommerce platform for our online store. Due to this platform change, you will no longer be able to review information on your past purchases, or log into your account.

We can confirm that any pending orders you have will still process & ship. (You will receive an email confirmation when your order goes out.) We have resent your order confirmation email for your records. Your pre-order has a scheduled release date of 9/30/2022. (date subject to change)

We usually begin shipping pre-orders about one week prior to the release date. You will receive a confirmation email, once your order has shipped. Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Sherry
    Nonesuch Records Store

Sure enough, I received a second email afterward showing my order/receipt. So far, so good.

Quincy, shades and Trag like this.
  9. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

Anyone who’s on the fence about ordering this shouldn’t hesitate too long. To me, this is a stand alone release that will receive repeated plays from me. They did an excellent job of compiling this just like they did the Neil Young curated comp, the Steve Marriot or the King Crimson. The icing on the cake are the 4 live tracks from April of this year. This did a nice job of whetting my appetite for the YHF SDE. Once this issue of Uncut is gone, it’s gone.

10. cable hogue

cable hogue Forum Resident

Does anyone know if the digital files will still be available on Sept. 16?

11. CharlieClown

CharlieClown Forum Resident

David Fricke has given the boxset a 5 star review in the latest Mojo.

I'll try and post some highlights later...

ARK, linklinc1, timnor and 3 others like this.
  12. CharlieClown

Uncut has also reviewed the boxset in this month's issue and, again, given it full marks - as below.

[​IMG]

Here's a couple of snippets from the Mojo review. It's a full page review but most of it's background that most Wilco fans will know; these two paragraphs focus on content.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alien Ache, jfeldt, beverett and 9 others like this.
  13. CharlieClown

Also, in Mojo, there's a full page interview with Jeff. Again, a couple of snippets on box contents to whet the appetite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bill_H, frightwigwam, ARK and 7 others like this.
  14. shades

shades Forum Resident

Thanks so much for sharing these bits! :righton:

15. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

Funny to see Kamera described as wheat field Cure when it’s Pot Kettle Black that rips off Inbetween Days!

Rainy Taxi and linklinc1 like this.
  16. cevans121

cevans121 Forum Resident

While it absolutely pains me to point anyone in this direction, I realize there are people with tight purse strings out there and this is a great deal.

There are currently some massive deals going on for the different anniversary sets. 10 cd disc option at $68. I'm not trying to get myself in trouble on the board and not sure you can point people in the direction of a retailer but trying to help. Delete if needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Yankee-Hotel...1660682542&sprefix=wilco+yanke,aps,113&sr=8-2

Fred Dender, ARK, Maurice and 6 others like this.
  17. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Thank u!

18. cevans121

cevans121 Forum Resident

Sorry 8 cd disc set

Fred Dender and chickendinna like this.
  19. Kelby A. Thomas

Kelby A. Thomas Forum Resident

8 CD set ordered - my first Wilco title ... jumping in the deep end!

20. CharlieClown

Question on the YHF formats - are the only exclusives to the Wilco stores the two coloured variants i.e. the Silver 11 LP and the Gold 7 LP versions? It seems so…

(apologies if this has been covered previously but I couldn’t see it via a search)

timnor likes this.
  21. chickendinna

Thanks for the Amazon heads up. I was reading Imwan earlier and saw the sizable price reduction. I had ordered it from Bullmoose for about $109. My math skills are poor but even so, $40 is a huge difference so I cancelled my Bullmoose order and went with Amazon.

jeffrey walsh, ndtbd and cevans121 like this.
  22. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

23. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Thanks! Amazing price drop!

Fred Dender likes this.
  24. chickendinna

You ain’t kidding. I’ve seen price drops, but not like this. If you price things right, you’ll sell more. That said, since this album is one of my all-time favorites, I would’ve purchased this at just about any price.

25. shades

shades Forum Resident

Wow. That’s unreal. Now to figure out how to cancel my order from Nonesuch.

jewelsnbinoculars likes this.