Donovan Storyteller SACD $11.03 BIN,,,

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Kayaker, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member Thread Starter

2. imagnrywar

imagnrywar Senior Member

yup. they look terrible. you can find some interesting threads in the archives with Marshall's hotheaded responses to this charge, among others.

3. QuestionMark?

QuestionMark? 4TH N' GOAL

I don't remember Marshall's response to this, but if it had anything to do with keeping the price down, I'm all for it. Most of the AF sacd's I purchased were between $10.99 & $12.99. I can deal with a bad picture for that price. You get some good pics with some liner notes & a booklet and then your paying $24.99 for the disc.

4. edb15

edb15 Senior Member

But you can easily do cheap without looking like a bootleg! I mean, most bootleggers would be embarrassed with these graphics. They look like those cd-r bootlegs of bootlegs with color photocopied covers.

Like I said, forget the photos if you can't afford good ones. And if they did something like Bach Guild lps, they could essentially pay for one design, avoid 4 color printing, and still, establish a brand identity, and look decent to boot.

5. reverber

reverber Senior Member

Did anybody get their Storyteller CD yet?
    I'm still waiting (seller said up to 14 days). This is the longest period I've had to wait for something from ebay....

Cody

6. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

I'm still waiting as well. I did receive the confirmation email a few days after I placed the order.

7. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

Not sure we all bought from the same seller, but mine came three days ago.

8. sbroache

sbroache Forum Resident

I still don't have mine yet either. The seller was "playersquest"

9. scottabs

scottabs Senior Member

Mine came in about 5 days ago. I purchased the first one mentioned in the thread.

10. Mine was delivered timely as well.

Chris

11. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member Thread Starter

Good to hear some people got theirs. Hoping others will get theirs soon. Started to feel bad that I started this and the AF Boogie Chillin' thread and people were not getting them...

12. stevef

stevef Senior Member

hmm...I still haven't received mine yet.
    It's been about two weeks.
    I purchased on Oct. 25 from BestPriceMedia.

13. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Still haven't got mine :cry:

14. QuestionMark?

I'm still waiting also. I got a message that it would be sent in the next 1 - 4 days.

15. stevef

stevef Senior Member

16. QuestionMark?

I paid on Oct. 25 and am still waiting.

17. If you notice, the seller has had 177 negative feedback in the last 12 months with 110 of that the last month. The 67 over 11 months is ok based on the volume sold and percentage of mail mistakes and other unavoidable issues. The 110 in the last month indicates to me something has been broken with the seller.

Chris

18. QuestionMark?

I have been told that my item has been shipped and should arrive in a few days if the postal service doesn't mess up. The CHECK is in the mail!!!

19. alanb

alanb Senior Member

I grabbed 1 of this guy on the 28th Of October and paid straight away as i always do.
    I recieved an email about 2-3 days later saying it would be shipped soon and today.....I GOT IT.
    Yipee....
    He's got 4 left.
    Nowhere does it say SACD-- but it is.
    Man is the cover art ever bad---i've seen better bootlegs.
    It came in a mediamail style bubble wrap/plastic envelope, the SACD was sealed in factory plastic wrap.
    It's the new 2007 SACD.
    All good.:righton:
    Thanks for the heads up.
    It cost $10.97us + 6.99 shipping to canadaland-- so not bad.

Looks like he's got 4 left as he has no picture and no mention of SACD.

20. stevef

stevef Senior Member

Chris...

Thanks for the info.
    I have sent the seller three emails over the last week, and I only receive an automated response saying my email would be answered in the next 24-48 hours. Obviously, they are not answering emails.
    It has been at least two weeks since they supposedly shipped (three weeks since I paid with Paypal), but I indicated standard shipping.
    Based on the fact that you received yours, I won't give up hope just yet... but this seller is... s l o w.

21. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

eee guys.. why would you trust a fella with 177 Negatives... and 110 in the last month...? Heck above a few I get suspicious.And over 10 or 12 I wont bid or buy.

22. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

23. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Yea, looks better than most of the other AF SACDs artwork.

I'm surprised cd universe has them. I figured it was an elusive exclusive.

24. reverber

reverber Senior Member

Mine "got lost in the mail."
    I am thinking that these sellers use the same drop shipper, who supplied an erroneous price for the disc. They were "selling" the same five copies. At least my seller has offered to make good on the purchase by tracking down another copy, but I am not sure they will find one. I sent them a link to Audio Fidelity, just in case ;).

Cody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.