Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. hype

hype Forum Resident

I was reading somewhere that they purposely pulled it as a bunch of places released it earlier then they were supposed to. Supposedly the official announcement is coming in the next couple days (August 12th IIRC) and there will likely be some deluxe options and the Walmart along with a few other variants will be available. This is what i'm waiting to see what's all available before I lock anything in.

Boomy likes this.
  2. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Myke, Tjazz and Mister Charlie like this.
  3. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

4. TomB19

TomB19 Active Member

I'm in Canada. My wife picked up a copy of Rumors on clear vinyl from Walmart as a gift. It sounds clean and looks beautiful but I share your view the horrible master makes it listenable. My old, black vinyl, copy of Rumors from the 70s has some noise but is still a pleasure to listen to occasionally.

5. TomB19

TomB19 Active Member

I just acquired this. So far, I have only listened to one side but it was quiet and dynamic. Much enjoyed.

6. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

Thank you for sharing your impressions so far. I've had this one sitting in my cart for awhile. I have a used copy I bought 20 years ago for $5 that's seen better days.

7. TomB19

TomB19 Active Member

This should read "unlistenable". The pressing is gawd awful. I was trying to post in support of Humongous Donkey.

Android Autocorrect remastered my post with massive compression and ruined the enjoyment.

JasonA and CraigVC like this.
  8. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

I'm in Canada. My wife picked up a copy of Rumors on clear vinyl from Walmart as a gift. It sounds clean and looks beautiful but I share your view the horrible master makes it listenable. My old, black vinyl, copy of Rumors from the 70s has some noise but is still a pleasure to listen to occasionally.

Too bad as I found a clean gold vinyl copy from another retail outlet that sounds pretty darn good.

TomB19 likes this.
  9. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

10. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

[​IMG] Just picked up the gold vinyl “Simon & Garfunkel’s Greatest Hits.” Sound quality is good but the pressing is a bit noisy. Might improve after some cleaning… For $19.97, not too bad.

11. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

'Twas down to $18.97 so I bit. Arrived in solid packaging, flat and undamaged (thankfully). The record itself sounds great to these old ears, I only had one tiny 'tick' on one side, the vinyl was clean right out of the sleeve (no, didn't clean it first beyond a brushing with a velvet block). I would definitely recommend this release.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Blooz Bros. Soundtrack

CryptoSurfer, mur, hype and 8 others like this.
  12. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

It will be tough to beat an original pressing though. All of those old Blues Bros Atlantic LPs sound fantastic and are not terribly expensive.

Isamet, fluffskul and jimhb like this.
  13. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

MikeInFla likes this.
  14. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Boomy likes this.
  15. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

I do have an original 1980 pressing, bought when it came out. But it wasn't blue. :D

JasonA and MikeInFla like this.
  16. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

Walmart in Canada has these records in stores??? Or did she grab it while in the USA?

17. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

I was answering the first question, I'm in the US and the nice sounding gold vinyl version of Rumours was found at Target.

mur likes this.
  18. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The Blues Brothers (OST)
    Dwight Yoakam Live From Austin Texas

19. ivor

ivor Senior Member

Has anyone received Made in Italy colored vinyl from Walmart? I rolled the dice on the two Stone Temple Pilots recently, got one German and one Italian. The reviews on discogs for the Italian pressings aren’t favorable.

20. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

How can I tell whether mine is German or Italian? EDIT: Mine only says "Made in the E.U." on the back cover.

I've ordered two of Core directly from Walmart, and both have horrendous bumps that ride on top of the grooves, which means my Clearaudio stylus hits it like a highway divider barrier at 65 MPH.

This is the Discogs listing that seems closest to the ones I've gotten (I have a 3rd one arriving tomorrow):
    Stone Temple Pilots - Core

On that page, there's only one review mentioning Italy, and that's a 5-star review that is glowing. Which Discogs listing are you looking at?

21. wrxr7

wrxr7 Forum Resident

Yes. I received a Made in Italy STP Purple. It was horribly noisy...not just pops and clicks, but surface noise that was loud enough to be distracting. I requested a replacement, hoping it would be a copy made in Germany. It wasn't. It was another Made in Italy, and was just as noisy as the first one. I tried cleaning it on my VPI 16.5, which I've used to clean hundreds of used records. No improvement. I ended up sending both copies back for a refund.

JorgeGvb and ivor like this.
  22. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Fed Ex is their free delivery carrier ? Sweet.

JasonA likes this.
  23. ivor

ivor Senior Member

The covers do say "E.U." but mine also have white stickers on the back that indicate country of manufacture.

I wasn’t clear, sorry. The negative reviews I saw for the Italy variant were for the walmart Purple: Stone Temple Pilots - Purple

I’m leaning towards returning the Italian Core without even opening it... On the discogs page for Core you posted, the last image is a different splatter pattern than the first one. It's primarily red with a few black splats. I'm assuming that's the Italy variant, doesn't look as cool IMO. :o

24. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Boomy likes this.
  25. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Because five of the six Metallica Walmart exclusives from last year have apparently been repressed and are currently available on Walmart's website, I am surprised that Hardwired hasn't been repressed yet. I'll be very surprised if it isn't repressed and available again very soon.

Also, it appears that all five Metallica Walmart exclusives released about three months ago are now unavailable on Walmart's website. I am surprised they "sold out" so quickly, but as has been done with five of the six exclusives from last year, I assume that we'll see the five exclusives from this year available again on Walmart's website at some point, maybe pretty soon.

Boomy likes this.