Taylor Swift to start releasing new versions of her first six albums

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deuce66, Feb 11, 2021.

1. in_the_fog

in_the_fog Forum Resident

Something is brewing, but we don’t want her to burn out either.
    As far as the TVs go, of course there’s a lot of hard work involved, but given the nature of the project, i.e staying close to the originals, I think she is able to delegate much of the work and use them more or less as fun vocal exercises. (She knows the studio and recording process inside out, as Dessner pointed out in some interview.)
    And many of those Vault tracks are really important to her (Nothing New is such a great song, I just want to mention it for no particular reason at all.)
    And to return to Shake It Off, she probably could have reached a settlement by now. But nothing points to her being willing to do that. And rightfully so.

A week ago or so I was passing by outside a clothing store. And what did I hear? Love Story (Taylor’s Version). Imagine that in 2022

George Co-Stanza likes this.
  2. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

We have the modern music station playing at work most days, and TV of Love Story plays quite often.

Something interesting as well is that Willow gets played often, but I never hear anything from Folklore. That ought to go down as one of her most classic records, but does a record hold up over time as a major classic without a single song being one of those songs you always hear. Thriller has Beat it and Billie Jean. Dark Side of the Moon has Money and Time. Sgt Pepper has A Day in the Life and With a Little Help from My Friends. Purple Rain has the title track and When Doves Cry. Folklore is loaded with great songs, but will any hold up as songs still getting played on the radio years from now? I am not sure.

FJFP and in_the_fog like this.
  3. in_the_fog

Interesting observation. But we also have classic albums like Blood On The Tracks. Still you seldom hear any of those songs getting play (Tangled Up In Blue probably being the one you will occasionally hear) and albums like Blue.
    Cardigan and Exile are the the tunes I most often hear (in bars, shops and the likes as described above), but I am not really exposed to the kind of commercial programming you describe above. But only time will tell, I guess.

To me the album will remain a classic forever.

4. George Co-Stanza

For you and me both (and many others I am sure), but I am just thinking out loud as to how it will hold up for the general public over time. I could see August eventually getting the All Too Well treatment from fans, as many really seem to love that one the most, and I think Taylor, who seems to favor it as well, will definitely give that one lots of love once she gets back to touring.

ghoulsurgery and in_the_fog like this.
  5. in_the_fog

Yep, that would be nice.

How the energy just builds, even in medley form (posted way back in the thread but, yeah)

6. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

The Taylor song I hear most in public places is “Superman.” A b-side! It plays pretty often in the supermarket I go to. I hear “Love Story” and “You Belong With Me” in there sometimes too but not as often. I don’t really go to bars (unless a band I want to see is playing) or listen to radio so I have no concept of which songs of hers do well in those scenarios. “Superman” has the supermarket scene locked down though

7. George Co-Stanza

If we can assume for the sake of argument that her next tour will be for a new album, as it will be difficult to work into a lot of Folklore and Evermore tunes, it wouldn't surprise me if she does a few medleys or mish-mashes as a way of playing more of them. I am generally not a fan of medleys, but I would get it if she gets that route with that material.

Wow, I don't think I had ever heard that song until checking it out just now. Crazy.

ghoulsurgery likes this.
  8. eclecticfiend

eclecticfiend wavy air aficionado

I’m a tad late to the party. As much as I like being a Taylor hater nowadays, I gotta give it to her, I bought her remake of Red on vinyl on a whim and I’m kind of blown away. She was able to somehow improve on the original piece which I consider to be her best album by far. Maybe a line here or there sound a tad off, but overall this is the definitive version of the album for me from now on. The fact that the original pressing is mud city and this German new Red sounds dynamic, fat and clear certainly helps it’s case. But also she was able to take this material she wrote a lifetime ago and still treat it with respect, and deliver it with a tad more vocal confidence and intimacy. The bonus tracks are solid too.

She deserves the acclaim she got for this one.

9. George Co-Stanza

All Too Well (TV) wins the award for best long form video at the VMAs tonight.

Not that I care about the VMAs, but still cool to see that win. :cool::cool:

in_the_fog and ghoulsurgery like this.
  10. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

Taylor announced that a new album is coming 10/21 in a speech at the VMAs. New music for fall!

in_the_fog, RSteven, FJFP and 3 others like this.
  11. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

She also said that she’d reveal “more at midnight,” as well.

12. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

she just tweeted with the hashtag “meet me at midnight”, I’m guessing that’s the title of a single or the album

George Co-Stanza and Elliottmarx like this.
  13. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Thanks for the update, @ghoulsurgery! Can't wait till midnight!

14. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

in_the_fog and George Co-Stanza like this.
  15. George Co-Stanza

I am ready for it. :cool::cool:

16. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

17. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

I think the site crashed :laugh:

in_the_fog likes this.
  18. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

in_the_fog and George Co-Stanza like this.
  19. George Co-Stanza

New album is calling Midnights.

in_the_fog likes this.
  20. Elliottmarx

21. CantonJester

CantonJester Lost faces say we adore you…

LOL good lord.

22. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

Must resist the immediate preorder. I do it every time and then the album is available everywhere

FJFP and George Co-Stanza like this.
  23. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

The webstore says vinyl ships 10/21, didn’t expect that!

Davidmk5, FJFP and George Co-Stanza like this.
  24. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

Interesting that it’s thirteen songs on one vinyl LP. Either these are short songs or they’re trying to cram too much onto one record, which would be a bit of a bummer.

Davidmk5 and ghoulsurgery like this.
  25. Elliottmarx