Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, I just checked it now and it is still there for $13.99… here’s a newly captured link just in case:

The Specials Protest Songs 1924-2012 [Limited 180-Gram Black Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

EDIT: Yeah I just checked and both of these links are bunk. Just go to Deep Discount and type The Specials in the search bar—it is the first item that comes up.

2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I wonder if anyone had this fulfilled. I thought the box was still available but the one in the DDBB was an autographed version if I recall correctly. The regular one is still at DD at the regular price.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  3. hutlock

Nice detective work there, Scooby!

Did anyone actually get the Mould box?

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  4. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

I received a shipping notice with a tracking number from Popmarket this morning but it actually hasn't gotten into the USPS hands yet. So, it sounds like it might be fulfilled but I won't know for certain until it actually arrives.

5. hutlock

Yeah, if it was on the shipping notice you will very likely get it. Glad someone landed it!

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  6. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Wow, I had no idea that there were two different versions of the Distortion: Live box set until seeing your message. Now I see that the limited-edition set that includes the signed print (750 sets made) has a silver hype sticker on the box while the regular set has a brown hype sticker.

But why in the world would Deep Discount and Pop Market sell the limited-edition set for about $50-$60 but keep the regular set at about $150-$160? Very confusing.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    latheofheaven likes this.
  7. Fred Dender

Fred Dender Forum Resident

I got a shipping notice from deep discount so fingers crossed. Thanks DapperGentleman.

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  8. killerofgiants

killerofgiants Forum Resident

They did the same with the 96-07 box - discounted the signed one and kept the normal at the same price.

9. jb welda

jb welda yellow eyed dog

I spent some time on the site yesterday looking for stuff to buy but I have to say, I must have missed the "deep discounts" because everything seemed kind of overpriced to me, aside from a couple of reasonable items. Seems like the "retail" price is jacked way up so the "discounts" seem big but most everything I was interested in was available new cheaper either on ebay or Amazon.

jb

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  10. hutlock

Were you looking specifically in the Bargain Bin? Or do you mean on the site in general?

11. jb welda

jb welda yellow eyed dog

Mostly the site in general, but did glance at the bargain bin, nothing in there of interest to me other than the Specials lp.

jb

12. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Walmart site was pricing the same lps for about 40% less

13. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

mine is in the mail system (from Popmarket)...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i was able to grab about 4 via walmart and seems they actually did ship!

also read that stuff on the list has been coming back in stock after initially "selling out" so worth looking again.

15. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Garbage 3LPs $11.61

GentleSenator, mur and jamesc like this.
  16. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Wow - thanks for this tip. There were some titles from the BB that were significantly cheaper on Walmart. Will be checking there first in the future, especially if people are getting their orders!

17. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

Is there a specific discount bin on the Walmart site that you’re all searching or are you searching by specific artist and/or title?

samwisefan, latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  18. popscene

popscene Senior Member

19. hutlock

I tried sorting by price on the Wal-Mart site; I found some stuff but not much. Maybe most of it has been snapped up already?

20. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Wow, that is a difficult site to navigate. I saw a few of our well-known Deep Discount titles there at better prices (Secret Machines, Barbra Streisand, Dead Or Alive, Maren Morris, Willie Nelson - Let's Face The Music, that recent Willie Nelson release too.

As an aside, the customer reviews of Deep Discount on the WalMart site are much worse than the general reviews we have read elsewhere. I wonder if that's a "Wal-Mart" thing, or if Deep Discount assigned, like, one new person to work on Wal-Mart sales or something.

samwisefan, hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  21. hutlock

My guess is that a lot of people order through Wal-Mart and then don’t get the record because it has already been sold by DD or Pop Market or whatever. I don’t know how often DD updates their stock with Wal-Mart but I can guarantee you that it doesn’t happen in real time. Look how many times we have reported that Pop Market shows stock and DD doesn’t, and then if you order from Pop Market you don’t get it.

So considering that Wal-Mart isn’t even a part of the whole Alliance online empire, I would think it is even worse trying to order from there.

22. slightlydazed

slightlydazed Forum Resident

23. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Which T. Rex comp did you get?

24. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

I suspect it may have been this one (all demos or alternate versions, though, I think I read somewhere).

25. Fred Dender

Fred Dender Forum Resident

It’s called “Thunderwing”, mine’s on the way.

joelee, dasacco and latheofheaven like this.