Pink Floyd Wish you were here 35DP 4

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by The Great One, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

He can ship me a round for that extra 50.00! :shh:

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

If I posted a copy here for $300 and cited the $700 disc on eBay, I probably would not be able to sell it. There is sometimes a huge disparity between eBay and what folks will pay here. ;)

3. The Great One

The Great One formerly known as SCARSE Thread Starter

I'll see you all down the Hare & Hounds in 15mins :D

4. TOCJ-4091

TOCJ-4091 Senior Member

Geez, that's stunning! Way to be! :edthumbs: [​IMG]

5. The Great One

The Great One formerly known as SCARSE Thread Starter

Oi'll store da money wit me lucky charrrms ....

6. swoosh

swoosh Member

I wonder how much it'll fetch 10, 20 years down the road. Maybe by then it would make the current price seem like a joke.

7. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I wouldn't sell mine for 1000 unless I knew for sure I could buy it back somewhere else for much less.

8. TOCJ-4091

TOCJ-4091 Senior Member

9. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

As TOCJ-4091 noted, that's a weird statement, ATSMUSIC.

10. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

You could buy a USA for Japan and have a lot of $$ to spend elsewhere :winkgrin:

11. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I think the japan for japan sounds better. I am sure that is a weird statement as well :)

12. eelkiller

That I did not want to hear :cry:

:wave:

13. Wow, that ending price went even higher than I would have guessed.

I bought mine last year, and most folks thought I was nuts paying $300. I honestly didn't think there'd come a day where I felt like I got a bargain.

Here's what folks had to say about it back then. The thread was started before they realized it was a forum member who bought it.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=74783&highlight=pink+floyd+35dp

14. eelkiller

Scott- thanks for posting that old link. I was glad to see Mike's comment about the 2 discs sounding alike. :)

15. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Don't worry I didn't compare them myself so I really can't say for certain but I have talked to those who say this is true. I did compare my final cut 35DP to the japan for us 35DP and the Japan blew it away.

16. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

The mastering is the same.

17. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

The following statement pertains to discs that have the same mastering.

With all due respect and without wanting to start a war, let it be said that certain people I know, when given the choice, always pick a Japanese issue over a U.S. or European issue. Also, when given the choice between the first Japanese issue and a still-early second Japanese issue, these same people always pick the first Japanese issue. Their preferences are predictable. They should not be taken as fact. Let your own ears decide.

I have compared the 35DP 4 and Japan-for-U.S. two-track discs, and they are identical.

18. The following statement pertains to discs that have the same mastering (i.e. are digitally identical).

I know certain people who think that digitally identical CD's have to sound the same (by definition), regardless of the specific pressing. Their opinions are predictable and should not be taken as fact. Let your own ears decide.

;)

(just wanted to also express the "other side of the story")

I never heard the Japan for Japan 35DP 4 on original disc (only CD-R). I am happy with my Japan for US version. I got it a little while ago for around $180 in nice condition, which almost seems like a bargain today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.