Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

It sounds like a lot of members don't know what this is... I'm pretty sure (I'm sure that one of the T.Rex experts like @greelywinger can confirm this) that it's bits and pieces of the TPL tapes (Thunderwing Productions Ltd.). Their story can be found here:

Thunderwing Productions Ltd.

Their releases are pretty fun... they are mostly jams, early works in progress, or the finished studio versions of the tracks without overdubs. Most of them sound pretty good. If you like the studio versions of these songs, they're probably not that much different BUT they are different enough to be an interesting listen. They're pretty cool actually.

None will replace the finished versions, but all of the Thunderwing releases are a lot of fun to listen to.

(Kind of an ugly cover on this one though. Once again, my opinion...)

2. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Yes this is a reissue of this release.
    Marc Bolan & T.Rex - Thunderwing

Darryl

3. slightlydazed

slightlydazed Forum Resident

that's the one - it's incredible how much Bolan material is released. It's too bad his catalog isn't properly cared for by a single entity but if it were I probably wouldn't find this new 7 dollar LP :)

latheofheaven likes this.
  4. S.T.E.R.E.O.

S.T.E.R.E.O. Forum Resident

6.93 @ walmart
    The Specials - Protest Songs 1924-2012 [Limited 180-Gram Black Vinyl] - Walmart.com

5. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

samwisefan, latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  6. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

Does anyone have a current Deep Discount code? I received $5 dollar off codes from both Import CDs and PopMarket. Thought there might be something similar for Deep Discount. Thank you!

imarcq, latheofheaven and Greenalishi like this.
  7. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

DEEP10

yesstiles, Biff Jones, imarcq and 3 others like this.
  8. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

btw, all i did was google for "deep discount code"

9. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

I got one and it was so warped it wouldn't play. Any one here have an extra they want to sell?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  10. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

About 20 items have been added to the Blowout Bin overnight. These are the 'good, but not great' discounts we've come to expect recently.

Artists include: Georgia Satellites Live, Lissie, Joey Alexander jazz, Painted Shield (the Stone Gossard band), Robben Ford and the Lost In Paris Blues Band, the cast album from The Wheel In Time, and 2022 reissues from Mercyful Fate, Montrose, Skid Row, King Diamond and Tommy Bolin,

mur, latheofheaven, hutlock and 4 others like this.
  11. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

15% OFF with code LEAVES

Good shopping y'all!

12. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

And remember to check get_importcds on eBay. Lots of times the records are cheaper there anyway, even with the discount at DD.

Plus the ebay store has 20% off $65+ right now, making some things WAY cheaper on ebay.

13. RyanX

RyanX and get the priest as well

I have noticed that they charge me a lower tax rate on ebay than the regular store, YMMV of course...

14. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Usually Ebay is cheaper for me but this time my same order actually worked out $14 cheaper on the DD site, so ordered through DD.

15. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

These DD sales are lightning quick these days. Didn't they used to last a bit longer?

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  16. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

The codes themselves usually only last like 2-3 days, but they often will do a bunch of them in a row so it seems more like a week.

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  17. Biff Jones

How is Deep Discount on returns, be it a defective pressing, damaged cover, wrong item, arrived too late or “changed my mind?” Anyone have any experience or advice to share - good, or bad?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I've returned a severely off-center pressing once which is the only defective return I've done with them. Pretty easy, I don't recall any issues. Wait, there was one more, an album with the center label pasted well into the playing surface. Again, not a problem to return.

Incorrect item has been sent several times and those took a bit more effort on the communication front but still got done.

latheofheaven and Biff Jones like this.
  19. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

The few times i've had defective items they've sent me a return label & all went well :thumbsup:

Biff Jones and latheofheaven like this.
  20. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

I exchanged a record that had the label pasted into the grooves of the final track on that side. They asked for pics, then sent a replacement. Zero issues.

latheofheaven and Biff Jones like this.
  21. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

This rambling thread sums up my most recent (and last ever) time I will buy anything from them despite spending thou$ands of dollars with them for like 20+ years..

Received EMPTY BOX from Deep Discount in mail....

22. Biff Jones

What an ordeal. It certainly will make me careful with any future purchases from Deep Discount. On two previous occasions they sent me the wrong album. Initially, I was told to return the albums at my own expense. Both times I objected and they relented and covered the return postage. Nonetheless, it gives one pause to see so many people with similar issues.

slipkid, samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  23. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

My experience is that Deep Discount, Pop Market, and ImportCDs -- all owned by the same company -- are pains to deal with when it comes to wanting to return something, whether it's for a refund or replacement. (However, it's much easier to deal with ImportCDs on ebay -- where they go by get_importcds -- because they can't pull their usual delay tactics like they do with their "regular" websites.)

24. Biff Jones

Deep Discount and ImportCDs serve as third party sellers for WalMart, as does MovieMars. Based on more than one bad experience, I avoid third party sellers at any of the big box stores. I try to follow the same practice at Amazon, too. As you noted, it is helpful to have big box or eBay customer service support because for sure they will still try their shenanigans with customers. I had a bad experience with MovieMars on a record I inadvertently purchased from through WalMart. Fortunately, WalMart customer service come through on my behalf.

25. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Btw as a postscript to all that where I mentioned that as fallout from having to do a "chargeback" through my credit card on DD in order to get my refund then as a result of that having ImportCDs CANCEL a different order of mine giving nonsensical B.S. that it was because my CC did not "authorize" that charge - only to admit later that they themselves canceled the order because "I owed them money" (although the chargeback was against "DD" rather than ICD - but they are owned by the same evil overlords now after all), and that I was then certain that ICD would cancel a preorder I had already placed which was months away (so I ordered that same item through Amazon for more $$ just in case but let the ICD preorder ride since it was saving me like $50 if it went through)....well when the time came ICD 4got all about their "you owe us money crap" and my order for that ended up going through. Sheesh but good news. So going forward I will never use DD again for anything but do use ICD for items if their price is like greater than a 30% savings (which they quite often are for expensive imported box sets that I get)....

Oh & another postscript - that Al Stewart YOTC boxset which DD "sent" to me but only an unsealed and empty box arrived - I mentioned that on the Al Stewart YOTC thread and another buyer had the same thing happen to them (received an empty box). So it wasn't just my bad luck or some local postman stealing the contents, somehow I guess their tape machine ran out (I work in a factory where we box product up and sometimes things like that happen which of course we try to catch b4 shipping & fix), but happened more than once. I don't recall the exact resolution from DD of that other customer other than eventually I think he did get them to send him a replacement and he did not have to endure all the time wasting nonsense & more that I went through....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
    Biff Jones and latheofheaven like this.