Better Call Saul - All Things Discussion*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by misterjones, Jan 7, 2021.

1. vegafleet

vegafleet Forum Resident

Agree. Mike was already pushing back hard on Gus's "kill em all" mentality and he had history with Jimmy. I don't think that Mike would have gone along with killing Jimmy and Kim being that they were obviously victims of and not working with/for Lalo.

GMfan87' likes this.
  2. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear. Thread Starter

True. Enough for most people. But my view is even knowing very little is too much for ruthless Gus.

3. misterjones

Then I would have felt better about the plot progression if we saw a little of that Gus-Mike exchange.

4. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

The reason Gus wasnt concerned with Jimmy or Kim is mainly he trusts Mike. Though Im not sure why he would completely. Mike did some pretty dumb un-Mike-like things in this last season.

GregM likes this.
  5. AudioEnz

AudioEnz Senior Member

One lawyer dying can be explained away. Two associated lawyers (Howard and Kim) dying or disappearing would raise many questions. Three (add in Jimmy) and the investigation wouldn't end until everything surrounding them had been found.

It's not in Gus's interest to have investigations, as it could spoil his carefully constructed cover. Therefore, keeping Kim and Jimmy alive is in Gus's interests.

formu_la, ubiknik, Nightfly68 and 3 others like this.
  6. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Agreed. Mike was set up to be an emotionless machine who understood how cops and criminals operated and could stay one step ahead of everyone in the game. Instead he got emotionally discombobulated time and again in BCS. They got away with this initially because Mike had more recently lost his son than when we initially got to know him in BB. He was still dealing with his guilt and loss and his identity crisis at being a dirty cop his entire career. But this manifest in some screwball ways, including emotionally bonding with Werner, trying to bond with Nacho's dad, and giving Gus a hard time more than once or twice.

GMfan87' likes this.
  7. misterjones

Howard, Kim and Jimmy all dead in Kim and Jimmy’s apartment. All three killed by Lalo. Stage it how you want. Dead lawyers tell no tales.

8. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

I gotta agree with audioenz, in that keeping the body count as minimal as possible was what was called for in that situation.

After the fact they never did get info on where Howard (and Lalo) are buried because Jimmy or Kim didn't know where Howard's body ended up.

9. misterjones

Why? Why would Gus care if there were three people dead in Kim and Jimmy’s apartment? To say that the police would have concerns doesn’t answer the question. Wouldn’t Gus rather have the police chasing a drug deal gone bad than the police showing up at his house with a search warrant?

ubiknik likes this.
  10. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Complete Blu-Ray box set due on Dec. 6th.

RSteven, mpayan, Jerry and 3 others like this.
  11. Playloud

Playloud Nobody’s Hero

I hope it comes in a shoe box!

RSteven and Jerry Horne like this.
  12. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

This is what I have been waiting to hear!! Thanks!!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  13. misterjones

The Blu-ray discs will fit nicely inside this.

[​IMG]

MikeInFla, mpayan and Jerry Horne like this.
  14. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Watching "Scarface" (what a campy parody this movie seems to me now. Apologies to fans)

Didnt realize Don Eladio and Hector were both in this movie. Im guessing Gilligan is a big fan of the movie and the movie had some influence. Must have said "I have to have those two guys in BB"

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  15. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Pacino may have been a bit beyond his budget.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    mpayan likes this.
  16. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Its gotta have the tequila stopper!

(I cant recall the name of the tequila. Its all fading away now isnt it :cry:)

Playloud likes this.
  17. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

Don't watch the original...

mpayan likes this.
  18. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

A garbage container

19. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Always did actually.
    Never even watched in its entirety. Was that beginning of Pacino's overacting?

20. misterjones

The hoo-hah years. A Nicholson-Pacino flick during that time would have been freakin’ funny, pal. Throw in Robert De Niro and/or Joe Pesci kicking the crap out of someone while he mugs at the camera and you have cinema gold. “Yah tink I’m funny, huh?”

Panama Hotel, MikeInFla and GMfan87' like this.
  21. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

:laugh:

misterjones likes this.
  22. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I have all the other seasons on Blu-ray so I'm just getting this final one, not the complete set. Both are released the same day.

23. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Maybe we get those lost diamonds!

GMfan87' and adm62 like this.
  24. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Im not sure about the acting as far as this being his moment of jumping the shark. But as much as it has its iconic "say hello to my little friend" scene, I have to say how the mighty had fallen in ten years. Certainly no Dog Day Afternoon or Serpico. It just had popped up on my NetFlix list so I thought "Eh why not. Cool movie" Boy did I recall this one wrong.

Im all for shoot em ups and the drug culture gangster movies, but just no on Scarface. Terrible. And at times just violence for the sake of violence.

I just remembered it was "the" movie as a teenager as far as ruthless and antihero type gangster attitude. A friend of mine even had a theatrical poster on his wall when he was an usher.

Im guessing its one of those "the legend and character in our minds is much stronger than the actual movie" moments.

Ah well thank goodness for The Godfather 1 and 2.

Tim S, GMfan87' and ubiknik like this.
  25. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

Scarface definitely didn't age well.

Tim S and mpayan like this.