Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Super Deluxe Edition - 11 LPs/1CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rhino4evr, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

Thank you. Just placed my order as well. Great price for this set!

Fred Dender, Clonesteak and scribex6 like this.
  2. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

New price brings it to $6.50 per CD. Amazing. I recently Re listened to all of the outtakes I have and can’t wait for this set. A modern classic.

GregorSamsa and chickendinna like this.
  3. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

FYI, I also got the summer teeth 4 cd deluxe for $15 from
    Amazon.

4. Al Gator

Al Gator You can call me Al

I've finally pre-ordered at that price. Although my math says $8.50 per CD, which is still good for a new release. There aren't many albums where outtakes interest me and will hold up to repeated listenings, but this is one of the few.
    I keep seeing it pop up at that, but it always says it's out of stock with no estimated delivery date so I've held off. That's an amazing price, congratulations!

5. BrainOfJHA

BrainOfJHA Pearl Jam high five!

I ordered the summerteeth deluxe cd last month on Amazon for 11.99 and just recently it updated with an estimated delivery of 10/02.

Fred Dender, jalexander and Al Gator like this.
  6. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Any idea how much real estate this 11 LP set will take up on my shelf? Curious on the width.

7. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing actual pictures of this set - that basic mockup on Amazon etc is the only thing we've seen isn't it?

8. Clonesteak

It would be nice to see dimensions listed and the weight of this Super Deluxe Vinyl. This looks bigger than the Wildflowers boxed set.

9. Adam Schellin

Adam Schellin Forum Resident

The Amazon prices are just too good. Just pre-ordered both the 11LP and 8CD sets. So effing excited.

I cannot wait for the 30th.

Clonesteak and qtrules like this.
  10. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I’ve only just realised this had been delayed by two weeks until 30th September as Amazon UK still has the release date as 16th. I was looking forward to Friday.

11. JPC.de have more detailed pictures of both the vinyl and CD sets.

12. youknow

youknow Forum Resident

link, please?

13. Clonesteak

Agreed. Switched from Deluxe to Super Deluxe. A no brainer. I really want to know how heavy this box will be? I think I might need to make more space on my shelf for this box. I wonder if it will even fit on my shelf, an Ikea Kallax. I will find a home on another shelf if it does not fit.

14. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

I don’t know. You should probably get both sets. Otherwise you won’t have the WXRT live tracks on vinyl. :D

15. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

Magazine Called Sunset (Unified Theory of Everything Version) released three hours ago:

If I recall correctly, the Unified Theory versions are the third set of in progress recordings on the set, so likely getting closer to the final album versions.

16. zipzapzopzoup

zipzapzopzoup Forum Resident

Wow! This is great.

jalexander likes this.
  17. uncle b

uncle b Forum Resident

One of my all-time favorite albums, but kind of a bummer, I ordered the 8-CD Super Deluxe set from the official Wilco reissue store and when it arrives, it will have cost me almost double from what Amazon is charging. Kinda makes me wince that the official store is threatening a 5% cancellation “request” fee.

18. uncle b

uncle b Forum Resident

My thoughts exactly! Think I’m doing the good/right thing and going directly to purchase from Wilco, but man, Tweedy and Co. gotta realize we’ve all had some ups-and-down$ these last couple years!

CBS CLASH 3 and YouCantWin like this.
  19. Balding Jay

Balding Jay Forum Resident

I paid the fee and still came out way ahead. Got my refund from the official store the same day.

uncle b likes this.
  20. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Amazon points brought the 11LP set down t0 $28 and some change. I’ll take it!

Clonesteak likes this.
  21. They are ? Christ... Tweedy is such a damn mercenary these days.

Well, I didn't buy the last three albums so it's evening out.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  22. CharlieClown

CharlieClown Forum Resident

I'd happily pay it - I've been trying to get my order from the Europe store (Wilco | Official European Webstore ) cancelled for over a week now and have heard nothing despite several emails.

I'd ordered the silver vinyl as I thought the black was exclusive to the store (and sold out) - but really prefer the black. I guess I'm going to have to pay for the return - depending on the weight, that could be more than 5% of the total :-(

23. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I’m not sure a 5% cancellation fee for a preordered purchase like this is even legal in the UK.

CharlieClown likes this.
  24. uncle b

uncle b Forum Resident

A couple intangibles I’m thinking of as the release day slowly approaches and I attempt to make peace with the discrepancy between the pricing I committed to at the official store and other outlets (Amazon and others): 1.) Hoping the official store gets the YHF Super Deluxe shipped out in a timely manner, and I’m not sitting here in the middle-to-the-end of the first week of October, while many are listening and commenting on the collection, and I’m still searching for a shipping confirmation! and 2.) Trusting and expecting the official store will package the 8CD collection with some TLC (and plenty of padding), and unlike other outlets, the collection won’t come in a bubble wrap envelope with multiple crushed corners as a result of “handling”!

jalexander likes this.
  25. Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons ___________________

If you bought the set from their store, you’ll get Day 1 DL from Wilco. So you shouldn’t miss out.

Mr. D and uncle b like this.