Rubellan Remasters Hype/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Erick Haight, May 11, 2022.

1. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Looks great!

longdist01 likes this.
  2. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Looks really good and can't wait to get one on the table!

longdist01 likes this.
  3. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

As usual, nice looking video.:thumbsup:

longdist01 likes this.
  4. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident

I posted the Split Enz LP for pre-order today with an official release date of September 16. I think I underestimated demand because I wasn't even going to do a pre-order period but the orders have been flowing in pretty steadily for the five hours since I first activated it and sent out the newsletter, so I think the pre-order week will serve me well:

https://www.rubellanremasters.com/split-enz-best-of

The Missing Persons LP is completed but I'm having them double check it, for whatever reason. Maybe, I'll have that by the end of next week or the week after.

5. friendofafriend

friendofafriend Forum Resident

I had a tough time deciding between the two colors for History Never Repeats - I guess I could have just gotten one of each, but in the end I went for red haze.

Any chance of doing any other Split Enz releases? Some of their stuff is currently so difficult/expensive to find, for example the single "No Exit". I love that track, and though it is on the VHS version of History Never Repeats, is not on the audio versions. It did appear on this 1989 Australian LP comp Split Enz - The Best Of: History Never Repeats , and currently someone has a copy of that for sale for only $354.

bluedemon25 and Juggsnelson like this.
  6. no.nine

no.nine (not his real name)

According to that Discogs page, that version was withdrawn, presumably the reason for the high price tag, even though I'd be surprised if it sells at that amount. As a Split Enz fan, this is the first time I've come across this, and I wonder why the replacement version eliminated "Next Exit"? To a fan, it would have been far more interesting to have it there than any of the songs they replaced it with. Having a non-album track surely would have been a selling point, I'd think. Very strange IMO.

bluedemon25 and friendofafriend like this.
  7. Scott Davies

Do you mean LP or CD? I put in a few CD requests at the time I put in the LP, but I expect they are sitting in the final clearance queue because of the extra tracks, which means don't count the days.

Right now, I'm happy to focus less on vinyl and more on CD if I have a choice. The bits I've shared about what has gone on with my ex-manufacturer over the last couple of months has been the very, very abridged version. Their quality control has just gone so far down the toilet in 2022 and their justification that any noises or anomalies with their products (none of which are ever on the test pressings) are 'within industry guidelines' has to be stretching it. Not sure if I've mentioned it but out of all of the different titles and different pressings I've had them do since last year, I've only been wholly satisfied with about 3-4, but even the ones I haven't been fully satisfied with have just gotten worse. I admit, since they are my 'babies' of a sort, it probably bugs me more than the casual listener since I spend the time working hard on the audio, only to have pressing issues that I cannot help but hear every time I play one of the LP's. I have to shrug and toss my arms up because all of my efforts to work on these issues over 2022 fell on deaf ears and I was made promises that were never even attempted to be kept, and they lost a repeated and reliable client as a result.

Based on a communication today, the Missing Persons repress is likely going to be with me by the end of next week and then, aside from waiting for my metal parts from overseas, I am DONE with Precision! I'm going to be riddled with anxiety until I get it and give it a listen, but after their track record on most pressings this year I have to expect something will not be to my liking. I will really be curious to see how the next manufacture(s) size up in comparison but I can only assume they have to be better than the fast food mentality of my soon-to-be previous manufacturer.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  8. bluedemon25

bluedemon25 Me, I'm Just A Lawnmower

Thank you for the updates. I look very forward to purchasing the repress CD Missing Persons. I will very much happily buy any Split Enz CDs you may ever put out.

Sammy Banderas, longdist01 and ispace like this.
  9. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I’m looking forward to the Missing Persons disc too.
    If it’s even half as good as Color In Your Life (which I listened to last night, finally), I’ll be happy.

10. Scott Davies

Well, I just got three vinyl clearances today, so vinyl it is. More details later.
    I got the Missing Persons R&R CD today and the Boingo Only A Lad CD repress has shipped, so I should have that on Monday. I'll probably put them up at some point next week, I want to continue to knock out more of the Split Enz LP orders first.

11. Scott Davies

12. bluedemon25

Awesome. Ordered the MP CD. Thank you for doing another batch.

longdist01 and Scott Davies like this.
  13. Scott Davies

Umm, the clearances keep coming. Two more today, and I'm suspecting maybe some others before the day's over? I got one CD so far and my most daring LP package yet. This is going to be my robust release period to date. My adrenaline is flowing and I'm probably not going to sleep tonight. So many plans! Plus, I have a load of orders since the CD repress announcement, to the point that you'd almost think they were new releases.

UPDATE: I literally just got another clearance as I typed this. It's Christmas!

14. fluxkit

fluxkit Things that don't swing are meaningless.

Yay!

longdist01 and bluedemon25 like this.
  15. bluedemon25

I'm excited to learn what will be coming.

fluxkit and longdist01 like this.
  16. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

Excited to hear of more c.d. releases... I'm in for whatever they are!!

17. Post-Punk Monk

Post-Punk Monk Seeking divinity in records from '78-'85 or so…

Whoo-hoo! I hope I can get CDs of "Nothing To Fear" and "Good For Your Soul" one day! I bought the "Only A Lad" and "Dead Man's Party" so I wouldn't miss out on them when they were down to the teens and they're about the only CDs I've bought this year, apart from the "Sulk" box and the new Altered Images [which I'm enjoying greatly]. And now they are getting a re-press. [insert foghorn]

18. Scott Davies

I just got the new Altered Images a couple of days ago, the signed bundle with the exclusive CD EP of tropical re-recordings of past hits. As for the new album, it's about 50/50, some really great stuff and then some.. other stuff.

19. Scott Davies

I think the clearances have stopped and it's a grand total of 8 between Friday and today. But to give you a pretty glaring hint as to what it is, it's all from the same band/artist across LP and CD. There are 4 single LP's, one triple LP, and 3 CD's.

20. JBozzioHam

JBozzioHam Well-Known Member

So true, Mascara Streakz at times sounds like average techno, then some songs really standout like an extension/continuation of Bite.

This years Propaganda CD was the same, a little too much techno, needs more wave and punk mixed in.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  21. Disco Robot

Disco Robot Forum Resident

I look forward to buying a bunch of CDs by band/artist!

Curveboy, longdist01 and Galley like this.
  22. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

......who is it......who is it.....

23. Dazbuff

Dazbuff Forum Resident

Come on Scott! You’re killing us! Lol

24. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

Glad to hear there are more CDs on the way. I don't buy vinyl, so I had run out of ways to send you money. :)

ispace, Curveboy and bluedemon25 like this.
  25. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

Hopefully it is all by band/artist and not anything after they changed their name to artist/band due to contractual reasons.

jamesc likes this.