Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Super Deluxe Edition - 11 LPs/1CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rhino4evr, Apr 19, 2022.

1. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

My issue is that with the price back down at Amazon, I want to cancel the Nonesuch order so badly and go with Amazon. My major hangup is how Amazon is going to package it for shipment along with how "easy" it will be to cancel with Nonesuch and get (maybe) the full refund.

2. redeyedandblue

redeyedandblue Forum Resident

Based on my recent experience trying to return a damaged Capitol Theater CD set to BingoMerch, I would strongly advise you to keep on at them via email and try to get that pre-order cancelled.

My return got held by German Customs (despite very clearly stating on the customs declaration that it was returned goods with no commercial value) and BingoMerch didn’t bother to claim the package from them so it ended up being returned to me. And at that point they just stopped replying to my emails.

Ended up getting my credit card company involved and did - nearly five months on - eventually get a refund that way, but still had to eat the cost of the failed return. Needless to say, will be avoiding BingoMerch in future. Just not worth the hassle IMHO.

CharlieClown likes this.
  3. shades

shades Forum Resident

I cancelled with Nonesuch. I sent an email on Aug 22 and they cancelled the order with full refund on Aug 26th. (They also sent me a 10% off code for some reason.)

Fred Dender and Mr. D like this.
  4. CharlieClown

CharlieClown Forum Resident

Ah, yes. I remember you saying you had issues with that set. I think every order I’ve had with them has had some issue (badly delayed (twice) with no comms or responses to queries, no download codes etc) but nothing major so I’m lucky to an extent.

Anyway, I’ve had my cancellation confirmed so all good (assuming my refund arrives).

redeyedandblue likes this.
  5. redeyedandblue

Phew! That’ll save you a lot of hassle and a big chunk of cash as well - just checked BingoMerch’s pricing and my preorder (for the black vinyl SDE) from WhatRecords works out (with shipping) nearly £70 cheaper.

(In case anyone in the UK is still looking to preorder that set, it’s now available again from WhatRecords - having been showing as “sold out” for a while - for £150+shipping, which is the best price I’ve seen over here).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    CharlieClown likes this.
  6. CharlieClown

CharlieClown Forum Resident

Not familiar with them - what's their packaging etc. like? I really don't want a bashed box so I was thinking of physically picking up the set...but that's quite a saving.

7. redeyedandblue

I’ve used them for a lot of these sorts of box sets as their prices are usually the best around - never had any issues with packaging or damage and always received my sets on release date.

CharlieClown likes this.
  8. youknow

youknow Forum Resident

Even if you didn't buy the set, you'll get Day 1 streaming from many different services. Nobody'll miss out.

steviej likes this.
  9. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

With me, money talks, bull$hit walks. I originally ordered it from Bullmoose for about $115 which I was ok with. But then Amazon took a pickaxe to that price for about $70 out the door. The choice was pretty easy. ​

10. Alien Ache

Alien Ache Soul black vinyl to stop your tears

Whoa just saw the Amazon price for the 11 LP set... not sure how low it previously got but $148 is a steal. I just requested to have my 7 LP/8 CD order cancelled from the official store/Kung Fu. Sounds like they're granting them but with a 5% cancellation fee???

11. Alien Ache

Wait, the 11 LP was down to $70? Or are you talking about the 8 CD?

12. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

Sorry, my bad. I should have clarified. It’s for the CDs. For $70 even though I don’t do vinyl, even I would’ve purchased it at that price and given it away as a gift.

Alien Ache likes this.
  13. Alien Ache

All good, thanks! That is an insane price for the CD set.

chickendinna likes this.
  14. soniclovenoize

soniclovenoize Forum Resident

Uuuuuuggggggggghhhhh now I HAVE to get this!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

cevans121 and Fred Dender like this.
  15. Alien Ache

Oh, you know it's gonna be worth it though. Can't wait to spend an entire day (or three!) playing through this box.

soniclovenoize likes this.
  16. Alien Ache

BTW, Amazon lists the dimensions/weight for the 11 LP set as 3.27 x 13.39 x 14.76 inches; 7.8 Pounds. Does that even make sense?

17. cosplusisin

cosplusisin Forum Resident

seems about the size i would expect. as for weight, well if they're using 180g vinyl, multiplied by 11 LPs and converted to pounds it's already 4.3 in vinyl alone. Another 3ish lbs for the paper/cardboard/boxes, etc.. I would believe that.

Clonesteak and Alien Ache like this.
  18. Alien Ache

Already got an email back from Kung Fu and my order has been cancelled and refunded (minus the 5% fee)! Glad I saw the Amazon price on the Super Deluxe vinyl... makes me even more excited for this box now. I've spent enough on Wilco over the years that I don't feel bad taking the deal and not buying direct. I originally went with the 7LP and 8CD sets because it seemed like a better bang for the buck (only like $30 more than just the 11LP edition). But now I'm getting all the content in one box for significantly less $$$.

Fred Dender likes this.
  19. shades

shades Forum Resident

Man, I'm conflicted. Have both 8CD and 11LP sets on order with Amazon.
    have to cancel one of them...keep going back on forth on which version to get..

I have YHF on vinyl already.
    So, will having all the extras on CD be enough?

Fred Dender likes this.
  20. Michaelpeth

Michaelpeth Forum Resident

I can't see the 11 disk vinyl on Amazon uk

21. Frank Mills

Frank Mills Forum Resident

It's on there. £186. Just search for Yankee hotel foxtrot vinyl

Michaelpeth likes this.
  22. Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons ___________________

Is streaming getting the super deluxe (8CD/11LP) set? I didn’t think they were.

23. cosplusisin

cosplusisin Forum Resident

same boat here. been in it since it was announced. "i'll decide before the release date". I still haven't decided.

Fred Dender and shades like this.
  24. shades

shades Forum Resident

Maybe the release date will get pushed back again and give us some more time to decide..:D

Fred Dender and cosplusisin like this.
  25. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

I’ll give my two cents as someone who keeps thinking of cancelling my CD order and switching to vinyl… I’m sticking with CD for a few reasons:
    • I’ve never been unhappy with a Wilco CD. They all sound great to my ears.
    • The 11LP set doesn’t have everything on vinyl. One of the radio live sets comes on a CD
    • I like vinyl as a unified listening experience. For me, albums work well, but compilations not so much… as nice as the Alpha Mike set is, for example, I rarely listen to a full LP of that on the turntable. Further, the new box set doesn’t even have the groupings (Unified Theory songs, Aquarium songs) aligned to LPs, or even sides. So, it’s likely a disjointed listen.
    That said, Venus Stopped the Train Will probably sound great on vinyl, which might negate all of my arguments above!!!

Adam Schellin, Zeki, timnor and 2 others like this.