The Beatles - Revolver - 2022 Remix

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deacon Blues, Aug 19, 2019.

1. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

I truly hope they let someone else give Pepper's a new stereo mix for the 60th anniversary, less than 5 years away.

Boom Operator likes this.
  2. hidlive

hidlive made you look

Please, give it a shot! Even if you don't like it that's fine, but (not to sound too much like an advertising robot) Apple Music has a free trial, all you need for the Atmos Mix is a pair of headphones, and access to the app.

3. JosepZ

JosepZ Digital knight of the analog masters

Indeed. Fantasia was released in stereo in 1940 if I remember correctly. It even predates magnetic tape.

4. Bonzodog

Bonzodog Forum Resident

I don't know if I'm alone with this this, but I haven't listened to the new Taxman mix yet.

I'm waiting to hear the complete album/box when it comes out.

5. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

I knew it was a few hundred pages back, but I just wanted to state that while I do here some weird stuff going on with Rock Band I kind of dig those mixes because the whole thing comes off as a Beatleg with the edited stops and the opening chatter. It's fun and honestly that's what we should be paying attention to and not drown ourselves in the details.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  6. Past Masters

Past Masters Beatles Fanthologist

Fantasia was released in stereo (I think) and "Fantasound" which had at least 3 distinct channels IIRC. But that's because Disney was a forward-thinking genius! 1940! :faint:

7. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

There is a separate shipping/purchase thread.
    Are we headed for a technical thread, or a music thread?

Delete at will, just thinking out loud to no one in particular.

8. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

"Haters", "fan boys".... Jeez, where are we? Kindergarten?

No, just another day at the SHF. I know, you don't have to remind me of it.

Lance LaSalle, Smash, hidlive and 2 others like this.
  9. Bern

Bern JC4Me

Yes...I'm waiting as well. Usually I'd have the box set and the book to look thru...this time it'll be streaming to start.

10. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Despite our home not being tiny (but not big either) we simply do not have a suitable room for it.

11. Detroit Rock Citizen

Except, yes.
    You act like the world is going to end because you hear some little "artifact". It is really unimportant in the scheme of things, and that's what I don't think you get. At least you're not wallowing in your own hubris like a couple of the others.
    I appreciate your knowledge but you don't seem to realize is that not everyone is buying it wholesale. If you presented things as insight rather than gospel, You probably sway a lot more people instead of them making fun of you

Drewzel, Ephi82, Ballynally and 5 others like this.
  12. Bonzodog

Bonzodog Forum Resident

**Dumb question alert**

Does one need 'Atmos' hearphones?

lobo and SunSon like this.
  13. Ballynally

Ballynally Forum Resident

If those who keep hearing artefacts in the new Taxman wouldnt go on about the reasons they claim to be valid but look more like arguments of biased prosecutors ignoring reality nobody would need to mock them. But most posts go on the line of: well, i hear something is not right, must be the new tech and furthermore, look at the mistakes they made in the past so we are just assuming...etc.etc. you get the picture? The 'evidence' is 99% circumstantial. Show..me..the..body

14. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Except, no.

Please explain how this is anyone acting like the world is going to end:

Sure seems like insight to me.

slane, Onder, Veech and 3 others like this.
  15. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

My flat in London isn’t that big (actually small by American standards) but I’ve managed to set up a simple 5.0 system in my living room. It requires the rear speakers to be put away after use (part of the negotiated agreement with the wife :) ) but that’s been a small price to pay.

Once I set it up and started listening to the new surround mixes, I’ve found it to be the most immersive experience and it’s my go-to now for my favorite albums. I would definitely recommend giving it a try!

Ephi82, zobalob, jammincrowe and 10 others like this.
  16. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

Indeed. In fact, theatres that wanted to show it with the Fantasound had to have what was a forerunner of surround sound installed in their theatre where the film was to be shown.

Past Masters likes this.
  17. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Are we calling personal preferences "schoolboy mistakes" now? :shh:

Ephi82, zobalob, hidlive and 3 others like this.
  18. Detroit Rock Citizen

I'm kind of in that boat too. With cable TV being Wi-Fi at this point I can change the living room/lounge around to make it viable. If I ever decide to get a new living room system, I'll get wireless surrounds. The Yamaha that I have is 5.1 but the boss has vetoed any wires showing anywhere. I'm not drilling holes into anything either.

Troyh and Past Masters like this.
  19. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

A different mix (the mono)?

20. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

We have the same diploma.

21. Detroit Rock Citizen

What are supposed to be flat monos in the previous boxes do not sound all that good in fact Pepper is downright horrible, plus they're extremely quiet. Could they use the original mix they replicated for the 2009 and 2014 boxes? I suppose, but who actually knows? Will recutting the vinyl at a different plant change the actual sound? As far as the CD goes they'd be identical right no matter where they are pressed. It's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

22. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

What’s awful about the mono transfers in the previous boxes?

I think I may prefer Pepper to the 2009 CD.

slane and zobalob like this.
  23. Beatles-4-Ever

Beatles-4-Ever Forum Resident

As it is only stated new transfer IMHO no remix for the mono.

24. Contact Lost

Contact Lost Forum Resident

Lol, same here. Even my stereo speakers are not connected for the last 5-6 years. I'm so accustomed to headphones, that all I can dream about is a new laptop, new USB DAC, and new headphones. :D

25. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I’m hoping the new mono cd will have a less distorted Taxman. Or is the distortion in the low inherent in the original mono master?