The Beatles - Revolver - 2022 Remix

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deacon Blues, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Raf

Raf Senior Member

I always thought it sounded like "Sdereth dyuhd nenur yeth smuck nyeh ruth nuw."

2. Floatupstream

Floatupstream Forum Resident

I thought it said "set her down memory yeka schneer"

Past Masters and SunSon like this.
  3. fogalu

fogalu There is only one Beethoven

This may have been mentioned already, but has anyone played the ending of Rain backwards - to find out what John is actually singing backwards - if you follow me? :confused:

4. TheGreatBacterium

TheGreatBacterium Beatles geek and resident microbiologist

A video of this was posted just 13 posts before yours.

fogalu likes this.
  5. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Not singing backwards:

6. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

Well, it's twenty minutes into tomorrow in Japan, but no new Beatles video on YouTube.

7. fogalu

fogalu There is only one Beethoven

Thanks. There are so many posts I'm skimming a lot. :)

TheGreatBacterium likes this.
  8. TheGreatBacterium

That settles that - no new preview today.

Geordiepete likes this.
  9. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

I'd expect no new song releases for a while.
    Maybe 2 or 3 weeks before Oct 28 to stir up media & fan interest again.

10. entropyfan

entropyfan Forum Resident

Awesome. At least streamers will still have the screwed up '09 stereo version to fall back on.

11. Square Hammer

Square Hammer Forum Resident

What a great post. That sums up my view as well. I’ve always wanted these remixes to sound modern and be dry like the outtakes. With minimal processing. Surely the multitracks already sound very good and don’t need all the processing?

12. Sitting on a Cornflake

Sitting on a Cornflake Forum Resident

Yea, a little surprised we haven’t gotten a preview track. With Taxman - 2022 Mix dropping on September 7th, I thought it was set up pretty well to have additional preview tracks every 2 weeks or so leading up to a late October release date (acknowledging that there would’ve had to be a 1-week gap at some point, assuming an October 28th release date).

13. Beatle Ed 2021

Beatle Ed 2021 Forum Resident

Perhaps the effects and processing are too much an ingrained part of the "sound" of the records though to be dispensed with? It would certainly be an intersting listening experience to hear all the multi tracks dry (maybe as an alternative) - but would it still be The Beatles as we know them? The sound of the production is part of the glue or connective tissue which binds most records together. Who releases a record these days with little or no production of some sort, after all? Because that's what you're asking for. It's an odd request.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    joemarine, steepien, hidlive and 3 others like this.
  14. Square Hammer

In interviews Giles has said that he wants fans to hear what he is hearing when he listens to the tapes. He wants us to be close to the music and the band.

15. teebo911

teebo911 The Professor

I definitely think a "naked" series of remixes would be awesome. Just the Beatles themselves, minimal-to-no overdubs. Single-tracked. I'd buy it.

16. Square Hammer

I’d pay good money too.

17. Beatle Ed 2021

Beatle Ed 2021 Forum Resident

Yes but he obviously doesn't mean dry and minus any effects or production whatsoever. The added clarity of the new remixes (by way of less bounces / modern transfer and composite techniques etc) does offer that anyway.

18. TheGreatBacterium

As a new set of alternative mixes, to hear what things sound like without effects, sure - I'd love to hear that. But are you suggesting that that's what you would have wanted INSTEAD of making the new set of remixes over the last several years? Like, here's the new remix of Paperback Writer, and it has no echo effects?

joemarine and Beatle Ed 2021 like this.
  19. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

The Beatles camp couldn't even stick to that on a project that was intended to be dedicated to that aesthetic. No way in hell they'd do that now. Getting the basic master take of all songs on each album is the closest we'd ever come, and as this new set shows, they can't even be bothered to do that; nevermind all the later tracks in which we'd hear only half the band if they rigidly stuck to it.

20. Square Hammer

Sure. I already have the original mixes if I want to hear that.

hidlive likes this.
  21. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

At the same time, you guys love the original mixes, which have their good amount of processing.

I think it stands to reason that the main album can't be mixed like outtakes. They could include "raw mixes" like they do in the Lennon sets, though.

Vagabond, Dradge, zobalob and 9 others like this.
  22. Square Hammer

Yet the originals still sound much better IMO.

Contact Lost and lukpac like this.
  23. Square Hammer

You nailed it. Give us raw mixes and new ones. Everyone’s happy :)

24. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Ideally, yes. In reality, people would be like "why can't they mix the album like the raw mixes?" ;)

25. hidlive

hidlive made you look

Dry studio mixes as an alternate, for a bonus disc, would be nice. Mainly for songs that are overly processed [saying this in a good way] like Baby You’re A Rich Man, Im So Tired, or Penny Lane.