Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Super Deluxe Edition - 11 LPs/1CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rhino4evr, Apr 19, 2022.

1. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I canceled mine and went with Amazon. The difference in price was making me feel like an idiot.

chickendinna likes this.
  2. youknow

youknow Forum Resident

Well, I'm just assuming they will, since the other deluxe editions - summerteeth, being there, am - are complete on Spotify. Guess we'll have to wait.

jalexander likes this.
  3. shades

shades Forum Resident

Your third point is what really has me leaning CD also. It’s kind of maddening that they couldn’t sequence it better on the vinyl release.

Fred Dender and jalexander like this.
  4. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

I almost want to keep my original order because I know Nonesuch will ship it to me without it showing up with all the corners crushed and padding just laying on top of the box set while it has no protection underneath.

uncle b and sonofjim like this.
  5. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

I was hoping to see the set on Spotify today, but no luck...?

6. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

7. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Amazon sent me a notice of shipment date: between October 7-10 (in U.S.).

I’ve read three or four reviews of the deluxe (not the initial pr release)….and can’t see how the reviewers managed to completely, literally completely, paper over Jay Bennett’s contributions. He’s erased! O’Rourke gets mentioned but not Jay. I’ve never seen anything like it. I sure hope the booklet doesn’t do the same (though, I would think the reviews should be by people who have that booklet in front of them).

8. CBS CLASH 3

CBS CLASH 3 Forum Resident

I just ordered the 11 lp deluxe edition from Amazon last night (after canceling the Kung Fu order - jeez, nearly $100 bucks cheaper how could I not?) and they state that it will be delivered on release day.

I hate Amazon, but I am so sick of being a diehard fan who orders early from an artist site, pays way more, and then receives it later than expected. Artists shouldn’t fleece their best fans.

9. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

All physical versions were delayed until 9/30, so presumably won't stream until then either.

Josip likes this.
  10. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I just received the same notice you did however mine stated a delivery date of October 4th.

Zeki likes this.
  11. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

This. Wilco's the big exception for me as they've long been my favorite and so I pre-order everything from them immediately. But yeah - it's always more expensive and I rarely get records early, and often late. Amazon is generally the cheapest/ fastest, followed by some of the trusty indie shops with good online stores (Plaid Room, Bull Moose, etc.).

I'm in for the 11LP (silver) set @ $249.33. The same set in standard black appears to be $147.57 on Amazon. I'll probably keep the silver set as I'm a sucker ;)

breakingglass and CBS CLASH 3 like this.
  12. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Anyone else get their box today? I didn't even think it was being released for another week, but I got an email from Kung Fu the other day saying it had shipped. I thought, "Oh, OK, I'll see you next week" -- but there it was on my doorstep this morning!

Adam Schellin, uncle b, JayB and 10 others like this.
  13. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

I am happy for you. Tell us what you think of the set. I am hoping I can get my set early.

Sean Murdock and chickendinna like this.
  14. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I stand corrected. Amazon is delivering the YHF SDE by September 30th.

Clonesteak likes this.
  15. Sean Murdock

I spent the last hour ripping the first five CDs to iTunes, and I'm only listening on an old iMac (with cheap external speakers), so I'm not going to go deep on sound quality. I can say that the album proper doesn't seem any louder than the old CD -- which is fine, because imo there was nothing wrong with the old CD. I was kind of hoping they would slip the full ending of "Pot Kettle Black" onto the new remaster, but sadly I guess that will remain exclusive to the vinyl.

Many of the tracks on Discs 2 & 3 will be familiar to those who had the YHF boots years ago, but they sound great here and are much welcomed. I'm hoping someone more enterprising than I will cross-check the new tracks against the boots and the audio from the documentary DVD to see what overlaps. I've only sampled a few tracks so far; right now I'm playing the first five CDs in order. More later!

16. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Had this on my radar but missed that price drop on the 11 LP set. Would have likely pulled the trigger. Hoping another one happens at some point. Maybe not quite as much but you never know. I really love this album but I don't know much about the extras.

17. Rainy Taxi

Rainy Taxi The Art of Almost

Sounds awesome, can't wait to hear more about it! I read this review of the box set today that I thought was pretty interesting:
    The New Wilco Box Set Presents The Ultimate ‘Yankee Hotel Foxtrot’

18. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

19. Sean Murdock

Clonesteak likes this.
  20. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

“1) The stuff that didn’t make Yankee Hotel Foxtrot did not fit on the record; 2) The stuff that didn’t make Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is some of the greatest music Wilco has ever made.”

This was the most exciting thing to read about this forthcoming release. :edthumbs:

21. EmceeEscher

EmceeEscher Forum Resident

Ordered the gold vinyl 2LP remaster, and the 2cd edition with the 18 bonus tracks. Wish it was tomorrow still, but can't wait for next Friday!

22. tstrapac

tstrapac Forum Resident

Color me jealous, I ordered from Kung Fu and haven't heard anything from them.

Can I ask when you ordered and which configuration?

I ordered the 11 LP Silver on 4/19

Sean Murdock likes this.
  23. DavidJ

DavidJ Forum Resident

I ordered the Silver 11 LP on 4/19 and received a shipping email today from “[email protected]”.

tstrapac likes this.
  24. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

I also ordered the black 11LP on 4/19 and have not received any updates - nice to see some people receiving notices or the sets themselves.

DavidJ and tstrapac like this.
  25. youknow

youknow Forum Resident

Can you post pictures, please?

qtrules and Sean Murdock like this.