Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

It worked! Thanks.

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

3. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

4. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Just a Heads up that many of the 3LP deluxe Belinda sets are in the DD bin or discounted at Walmary.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  5. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Aaaaand my Primitives LP just shipped from Wmart, so either dd sets aside some stock for vendors they sell through or they're kinda disorganized.

latheofheaven, samwisefan and hutlock like this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yessir, that's what my post was all about. i found them in the blowout bin and went and snatched them up at walmart for significantly less!

7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Ha. Or both!

latheofheaven, samwisefan and SJP like this.
  8. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

Some of my orders via Walmart shipped already. Undertones, Black Country Communion and Golden Earring. Suede and Black Country Communion 2 yet to ship. Spent about $50 but I really need to take a break and listen to all this stuff.

latheofheaven and GentleSenator like this.
  9. the real pope ondine

the real pope ondine Forum Resident

i got the stuff ordered from Walmart in a Deep Discount package

10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I hope you tried to order it again. I had a cancellation (It Bites) and promptly placed a new order which shipped today.

11. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Somehow I missed that Motions CD, thanks for mentioning it.

latheofheaven, popscene and hutlock like this.
  12. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Did the same....thanks for the heads up!

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

anyone else order that silly yes "union 30" box set? seems like a great price but almost everyone's comments on discogs claim the manufacturer forgot the DVD.

latheofheaven, samwisefan and omom like this.
  14. SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz Forum Resident

Sadly I don't see that deal anymore :(

15. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I assume a lot of these deals are short-lived, as in they have limited stock of something that's no longer selling and they just want to clear out what's been sitting in their warehouse. There is no way a manufacturer is going to supply new product to a merchant at such a low cost that that merchant can sell it for $1 per disc and still make money. Most of the deals in this thread that I was interested in were already gone by the time I checked even though those deals weren't as incredible as the Bill Withers set, though I did luck out with a few of them (assuming they ship).

16. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Looks like it's also not available via Deep Discount on Walmart's site either. Movie Mars has it for sale on Walmart's site for about $35.

17. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

I bought mine a few months ago from Amazon Japan, I paid $90 with shipping. There was no DVD. I sent an email to the manufacturer in England and they sent me that little DVD disk had arrived in one week

18. Dunedin

Dunedin Forum Resident

19. Roosevelt Sykes

Roosevelt Sykes Forum Resident

latheofheaven, JasonA and Mordax like this.
  20. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Forum Resident

Mine arrived today...complete with DVD

[​IMG]

Also, that Gary Crowley Lost 80's set looks fantastic. How could I not have known that the Staple Singers covered Talking Heads' "Life During Wartime"? That alone is worth the price of admission!

Thanks to @DapperGentleman - you're the Paul Revere of music deals!

21. Thanks for the confirmation.

Had this item in my cart for a few days and actually got it for $31.41 just now. Perhaps it pays to put it in your cart and wait.

Time will tell if the purchase goes through or if it will ultimately be refunded due to them not being able to fulfill the order.

BTW - YES, @DapperGentleman is the Paul Revere : "Harbinger Of Great Deals".

22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

A lot of the stuff in the bin, including the Yes Union set, dropped in price a couple days ago. Pricing on those items now seems to be more in line with what we are used to seeing out of the DDBB. Some items also were marked as unavailable for a time (including the Yes Union set), only to reappear later despite reports of cancellations on earlier orders.

The mystery of the DDBB is not for us to know, only to enrich our collections at its mercy. It sure is a fun endeavor when the bin goes off like it did this week. I'll repeat the thank you to @DapperGentleman for giving is the timely heads-up!

23. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Now it's showing as "unavailable" on Deep Discount's website. So now I'm holding out hope that they'll massively discount the price of the Union Super Deluxe Flight Case. ;)

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  24. Yep ..... Just got the e-mail that my purchase is to be refunded (somewhere during the next 5 to 7 days).

Oh well ... as long as the refund pans out ... I'm okay with that.

I'll get the DVD somewhere down the line. I'm in no big rush.

25. The refund was almost immediate. It was almost as if I never ordered it.

No harm, no foul (so to speak). I'm cool with the situation.