Uncle Floyd Show Returns On YouTube and Zoom!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by FredV, Jun 14, 2020.

1. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

Quick question: Uncle Floyd was very briefly shown in Chicago on WPWR-Channel 60 for a few months in 1982. Later I occasionally saw clips of his show on "Turkey TV" on Nickelodeon, and the set looked like what I had seen when it aired in Chicago. Same for the footage of Davy Jones and Peter Tork on the show. Later I got a couple VHS tapes at Tower Records which IIRC were put out by Shanachie Video, the company that also released the Abbott & Costello TV show. These were "best of" comps. The set and background were different. I remember on the shows I had seen in 1982, they gave an address for TV-68 in New Jersey. Were the Shanachie VHS shows done at a different station? Are they earlier or later than the shows I saw in 1982?

2. FredV

FredV Senior Member Thread Starter

The videos I believe were from the pre-syndication period of the show. For rights reasons the special guests weren’t on those tapes or dvds.

MarkTheShark likes this.
  3. FredV

Message from Uncle Floyd and Scott Gordon:

Tuesday, October 4, 2022 at 8PM Eastern, join Uncle Floyd and Scott Gordon for This WAS The Uncle Floyd Show LIVE! A live streaming watch party of Historic Uncle Floyd Shows from the more than 1200 hour archive saved from the 6399 original programs. Uncle Floyd and Scott Gordon will open the archive and take out a heaping serving of mirth, music, merriment, and mayhem that was The Uncle Floyd Show and answer questions about what it was like to do the show and the live appearances at that time.

PLUS
    , you never know which legendary star will appear on the show.

Watch the show trailer and see some of our friends!

This show will NOT be repeated NOR archived. DON'T MISS IT! If you don't already have a ticket, you can grab one here:

Link:

https://www.stageit.com/uncle_floyd_and_scott_gordon/this_was_the_uncle_floyd_show_live_86/108698

4. FredV

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!! October 18, 2022 and every Tuesday at 8pm, EST.

The classic Uncle Floyd Show. Vintage shows you can only see online at StageIt. You can have as much fun with all the happy people watching music, merriment, mirth, and MAYHEM. And you’ll never know who the mystery guest star will be. These shows will not be repeated or archived!

Reserve your spot and get a virtual ticket at this link:

stageit.com/SGE-Inc/108894

5. FredV

Uncle Floyd will be a guest at the New Jersey CollectorFest on Saturday November 19th, 2022.

Link: http://supermegashow.com/

6. FredV

A new documentary on the Vivino Brothers.

RayS likes this.
  7. FredV

8. FredV

We have found some VERY wacky and rare Uncle Floyd Show segments for this coming Tuesday's (11/15/2022 at 8pm EST) live-stream watch-party hosted LIVE by Uncle Floyd.

Join us at: www.stageit.com/SGE-Inc/109309

kt66brooklyn likes this.
  9. FredV

Uncle Floyd will have a new show of rarities from his television show this coming Tuesday November 15th, 2022 at 8pm EST. Uncle Floyd has had Peter Tork and Davy Jones as guests as well as the Ramones, Dave Emunds, Monty Python among many other performers. His fans included John Lennon, Iggy Pop and David Bowie who wrote the song ‘Slip Away’ about Floyd. Be sure to order your virtual tickets for this online only show which will not be archived or repeated.

We have found some VERY wacky and rare Uncle Floyd Show segments for this coming Tuesday's (11/15/2022 at 8pm EST) live-stream watch-party hosted LIVE by Uncle Floyd.

Join us at: www.stageit.com/SGE-Inc/109309

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  10. FredV

You can see Joey Ramone wearing his Uncle Floyd button in this video.

Jimmy B., kt66brooklyn and stereoptic like this.
  11. FredV

This WAS The Uncle Floyd Show LIVE #97!

Show Description:
    Tuesday, December 20, 2022 at 8PM EST, join Uncle Floyd and Scott Gordon for This WAS The Uncle Floyd Show LIVE! A live streaming watch party of Historic Uncle Floyd Shows from the more than 1200 hour archive saved from the 6399 original programs.

This is our penultimate 2022 show. It features material from 1981 - 1984 and will feature a musical guest who was the writer and performer of some iconic music.

Uncle Floyd and Scott Gordon will open the archive and take out a heaping serving of mirth, music, merriment, and mayhem that was The Uncle Floyd Show and answer questions about what it was like to do the show and the live appearances at that time. PLUS, you never know which legendary star will appear on the show. Watch the show trailer and see some of our friends!

This show will NOT be repeated NOR archived. DON'T MISS IT!

Link: Uncle Floyd and Scott Gordon | Dec 20, 2022 | This WAS The Uncle Floyd Show LIVE #97!

12. FredV

13. FredV

Show Description:
    Did you know that David Bowie called Uncle Floyd "One of the BEST 'Barrelhouse' piano players I've ever heard"?

Join Uncle Floyd and Scott Gordon on Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 8:00PM EST for a LIVE streaming watch party of the Historic UNCLE FLOYD SHOW, from Deep In The Heart of Jersey. Among some of the people who watched and loved the show were The Ramones, Paul Simon, David Bowie, Iggy Pop and John Lennon.

Our 100th StageIt show! What surprises to Uncle Floyd and Scott Gordon have in store for you? There is only one way to find out!

Come along with us and journey into past with Floyd and Scott here to answer your questions about the show, what it was like to do the show and the live appearances at that time.

Virtual Tickets Link for 100th Uncle Floyd Show:

Uncle Floyd and Scott Gordon | Jan 10, 2023 | This WAS The Uncle Floyd Show LIVE #100!

14. FredV

15. FredV

Moshe and Daniel Plainview like this.
  16. FredV

17. FredV

Reported on njarts.net:

Beloved New Jersey comedian Floyd “Uncle Floyd” Vivino has reportedly been hospitalized after suffering a stroke, with a full recovery expected.

His brother, saxophonist and former Conan O’Brien talk show band member Jerry Vivino, posted on Facebook: “For those of you wondering about Floyd he is improving each day and his doctors are expecting a full recovery from his stroke! Your concerns and love for my brother is greatly appreciated.”

Also, John Jerome posted on Facebook that:

As many of you know, my cousin Floyd Vivino, better known as NJ’s own “Uncle Floyd”, is currently hospitalized, recovering from a stroke. He’s in good spirits and is anxious to get back to work. Although his doctors expect him to fully recover, at this time, it’s important he gets his rest, so no visitors or phones calls please.

jupiter8 and Lowrider75 like this.
  18. FredV

The Uncle Floyd Show with Scott Gordon has an upcoming show entitled, "This WAS The Uncle Floyd Show LIVE #128" at 8pm EDT on Tuesday, August 1, 2023.

Join Scott Gordon, (who will be hosting), on Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 8:00PM EDT for a LIVE streaming watch party of the Historic UNCLE FLOYD SHOW, from Deep In The Heart of Jersey.

Among some of the people who watched and loved the show were The Ramones, Paul Simon, David Bowie (who called Uncle Floyd "One of the BEST 'Barrelhouse' piano players I've ever heard"), Iggy Pop and John Lennon. Come along with us and journey into past with Scott here to answer your questions about the show, what it was like to do the show and the live appearances at that time.

If you don't already have a ticket, you can grab one here:

Link: The Uncle Floyd Show with Scott Gordon | Aug 1, 2023 | This WAS The Uncle Floyd Show LIVE #128

19. FredV

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
    jupiter8 likes this.
  20. FredV

Message from The Uncle Floyd Show with Scott Gordon:

Did you know that David Bowie called Uncle Floyd "One of the BEST 'Barrelhouse' piano players I have ever heard"?

Tuesday, August 8, 2023 at 8PM EDT, join Scott Gordon for This WAS The Uncle Floyd Show LIVE!

A live streaming watch party of Historic Uncle Floyd Shows from the more than 1200 hour archive saved from the 6399 original programs. Scott Gordon will open the archive and take out a heaping serving of mirth, music, merriment, and mayhem that was The Uncle Floyd Show and answer questions about what it was like to do the show and the live appearances at that time.

PLUS, you never know which legendary star will appear on the show. Watch the show trailer and see some of our friends!

This show will NOT be repeated NOR archived.

DON'T MISS IT! If you don't already have a ticket, you can grab one here:

Link The Uncle Floyd Show with Scott Gordon | Aug 8, 2023 | This WAS The Uncle Floyd Show LIVE #129!

21. FredV

Message from Scott Gordon:

I visited Uncle Floyd today in the hospital.

We had a great conversation and he was joking around with me. I delivered a bag full of cards that came to me for him.
    He said that. so far, he's gotten over 600 voicemails and that he is grateful for the cards and the calls, but there is no way for him to be able to individually address them, so, he asked me to thank you all for your concern.

He's feeling better, hating the hospital and its food, and looking forward to being able to heal completely and see all of you at a show sometime soon.

Let's keep up sending him cards, good wishes, going to see his brother, Jerry, at the Maywood Inn on a Wednesday night (Floyd gets the tip jar), and coming to see This WAS The Uncle Floyd Show on Tuesday nights at 8pm EDT. He gets everything over the costs of doing the show. This is his income right now, he can't perform at this time, so this is his cash flow. Please keep up the support for him.

JohnG and nosticker like this.
  22. krock2009

krock2009 Forum Resident

Glad to hear it. The youngest brother, Jimmy Vivino, often became the bandleader for Conan when Max Weinberg was touring with Bruce.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  23. FredV

From Lisa Vitale Vivino:

I’m going to give the credit to our Lady! Floyd was released from the Hospital last night. He now has been at his first day of Rehabilitation. I understand that he is very tired tonight so I’m guessing they jumped right in to the the PT. Thank you to all friends and family! ❤️‍‍

[​IMG]

JohnG, jupiter8, vinnie and 2 others like this.
  24. FredV

25. FredV

Message from Scott Gordon:

I saw Uncle Floyd earlier today. He is progressing and showing signs of healing. He recorded a message I will play tomorrow night during the 8pm EDT show. (August 22nd, 2023)

Join us and support Floyd.

Link: stageit.com/SGE-Inc/112508

JohnG, MikaelaArsenault and RayS like this.