Fargo FX Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Mar 15, 2014.

1. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Well! I’d say they pulled that off rather nicely.

2. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I pretty much think Jason Schwartzman is always miscast. Terrible actor for me

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  3. DreamIsOver

DreamIsOver Senior Member

All 4 seasons are on HULU

Scope J and Vinyl Addict like this.
  4. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Episode 6.

Twitchy cop dies. Almost. Is this season a metaphor for hunan rights? Or equal rights? I guess time will tell.

Lesbian outlaws pay a visit to Italian mafia's house. Doesn't go well for the mobsters.

Killer nurse narrowly escapes being discovered due to anonymous note.

Looks like a trading of the hostages is in order. But plans keep getting screwed up.

Killer nurse takes care of the groaner.

Im not much of a predictor. But it's slowly building in tension, and chaos, in classic Coen Brothers fashion, toward some sort of closure.

EddieMann likes this.
  5. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

6. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Would you guys mind moving discussion of the current series to the thread dedicated to it? I'm avoiding that thread because I don't want to see any spoilers. I'd like to be able to keep up with this thread; there might be some info on the series itself and if I ignore the current alerts I won't get anymore in the future.

Hope you understand. Thanks.

slipkid likes this.
  7. ScorpSik

ScorpSik Well-Known Member

I'm late to the party... bought the season 1-3 boxset to watch during my furlough from work.
    I adored season 1.
    Season 2 was not my cup of tea at all. Didn't care for any of the characters and the gang war thing felt like something I'd seen in a million crime shows before.
    Just started season 3 - first episode watched - and I love it. So far :)

L.P. likes this.
  8. L.P.

L.P. Forum Resident

I just binge-watched season 1 for the first time (very late to the party) and most of season 2. I completely agree with you. Season 2 is not bad but season 1 was so much better. Plenty of suspense and dark humor, but also the humanity on the other hand. The Molly/Gus relationship or that one scene where the rabbi comes over in the middle of the night. Season 2 is just stupid people killing each other.

ScorpSik and Shawn like this.
  9. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

Season one was chock-full of references to Coen Brothers movies. It really dropped off after that. I found that to be a major part of the entertainment value of the series. It dwindled into, as you say, stupid people killing each other and incessant dialogue stretching with "ya know, geez, it's not . . . you know . . . right ta . . . aw, geez, ya know . . . you just can't be, ya know, geez . . . ya can't just come in here and . . . geez . . . ya know . . . it's . . . aw, geez . . ."

ScorpSik likes this.
  10. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Almost done with Season 1. Getting the Amazon Fire Stick during Prime Days has opened my viewing up exponentially. Maybe too much! lol

L.P. and Scope J like this.
  11. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I got into Fargo recently and just finished Season 1. It is a bit dark and violent but Billy Bob Thornton kept me watching with his endless screwing with people. Started Season 2 and within 10-15 minutes I was done. The scene at the diner was enough to turn me off. Moving on.

12. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I barely remember Season 2, guess it didn’t make much of an impression though I vaguely recall thinking Martin Freeman was an odd choice for his role.

Season 3 was very good IMO, great & subtle performance by Carrie Coon.

Bill Mac likes this.
  13. misterjones

What I think really made a fine season one even more special was its numerous references to the Coen movies. Those trailed off a lot in later seasons as the show’s writers focused more on the violence and the “it’s just, like, I mean, you know, eh” dialogue.

Bill Mac likes this.
  14. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Season Two took a couple of big swings that did not really work, but there was still a lot of good stuff in there, especially episodes 8 & 9. I liked Bokeem Woodbine's Mike Milligan character and (without getting too spoilery) how his story resolved itself in a kind of perfect anticlimax.

Plus, Jean Smart, Zahn McClarnon, and Jesse Plemons are never boring to watch.

15. misterjones

Season 3, episode 3 ("The Law of Non-Contradiction") was one of my favorites. I remember many here at this site did not like it at the time. I loved the Serious Man vibe.

[​IMG]
    "I can help!"

misterdecibel and Scotian like this.
  16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That would be the Billy Swan vibe.