What’s your favourite Klipsch speaker?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Khorn, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

As many of you know I’ve been a Klipsch owner for a very very long time. My preferred model is of course my Klipschorns but I’ve also owned La Scalas. I’ve heard various other models I’ve really liked over the years.
    Some of the current Heritage line looks fabulous.

What are the Klipsch speakers that you have owned and your impressions?
    Also which ones would you desire in the future? Need not necessarily be Heritage.

2. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

Just bought these '82 Cornwall this month. My first Klipsch! Should I have had bare room corners I would have searched for some Klipschorns. Anyway, the Cornwall sound bigger than average at low volume and spectacular at high volume while some "confusion" at mid/normal volume is their limit, I think. Also, using the B&W you see in the picture I find Dirac Live room correction very useful. The Cornwall, on the other side, seem to play better without any equalisation. I'm quite happy of their arrival anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. allied333

allied333 Audiophile

The Cornwall by a long shot. Of course, the Klipschorn is the ultimate, but never owned a pair. Rest of Klipsch and I owned a few does not work for me.

kt66brooklyn, Ntotrar and Khorn like this.
  4. Khorn

Klipsch models can be polarizing even amongst the dedicated Klipsch owner community.

5. tyler8

tyler8 Forum Resident

I have owned most Heritage in order Forte II, Cornwall I, beautiful not a mark Belles, and Quartets. I have enjoyed them all thinking the Belles would be my main and bigger is better but in my case the Belles moved on and the Cornwalls stayed. The others meander in and out of my two son's posession. Strangely I have never heard Klipschorns. Note to self.

6. Khorn

First time I heard the Klipschorns I was enthralled. When I got them home and plugged them into my system the deal was sealed firmly in the corners. It was that obvious to me.

The Pinhead, Ntotrar and tyler8 like this.
  7. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

8. allied333

allied333 Audiophile

Your speakers are likely the best ever produced. At the Klipschorn level, it is a matter of taste, not better being available.

Ntotrar, jacchank and Khorn like this.
  9. tyler8

tyler8 Forum Resident

Second note to self.

The Pinhead, Ntotrar and Khorn like this.
  10. drobo

drobo Forum Resident

La Scala with a little sub below 45 Hz.

OhHiMahk, Tim 2, The Pinhead and 2 others like this.
  11. Frank Bisby

Frank Bisby Forum Resident

I’d say it really depends on the room. The heritage line is priced correctly, the most expensive ones sound the best. There is a reason why la scala cost twice as much as Cornwall’s. If you don’t have room for the the la scala, Cornwall sound better. These speakers are a bit like working with gunpowder, get it wrong and you won’t like the results.

12. Khorn

“A few extra grains can blow out your brains” :cry:

13. Oddiofyl

Oddiofyl Forum Resident

I like Lascala.... I love my Forte IV but if I could own a pair of Lascala I would. Too big for current room.

14. motorstereo

motorstereo Forum Resident

Khorns were easily the best sounding Klipsch speakers to reside here. Belles were a close second. Chorus II's were my least favorites besting both versions of the Heresy for that spot.

The Pinhead, Ntotrar and Khorn like this.
  15. _rod_serling_

_rod_serling_ Forum Resident

My current ones. Epic CF3's . Though I would still like to hear cornwalls .

The Pinhead and Khorn like this.
  16. Khorn

I’m surprised that with such a widely diversified and popular speaker line we’re mainly getting responses about the top end Heritage line.

The Pinhead likes this.
  17. CarmineRed

CarmineRed I promise I'm very nice in person

I'm an exception in that I like the Heresy II, III, or IV

The BIG box thing gets old quickly for me yet I can't get rid of my Heresy II's. There is such a fun floor stander/monitor weirdness about them, they don't take over the room and yet give you that horn sound you want or need at times.

18. Lenny99

Lenny99 The truth sets you free.

The first good speakers I owned were the Klispch RP 160Ms. I purchased them about 3 1/2 years ago. I don't think I'll forget the shock I felt when I heard the sound they produced with the first vinyl I spinned.

About four months ago, purchased mint condition JBL's Control 128 indoor outdoor speakers for a great price. After a few months of comparisons I turned to the Klispch. I just love the sound and looks.

If I'm able to upgrade I'm sure I'll look first to Klispch.

19. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

20. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

My friends. :agree:

Outrageous.

21. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

22. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

Go Cornwall or go home.
    - Bill

23. Lenny99

Lenny99 The truth sets you free.

Great looking speakers.

24. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Thanks, 35 years old this October!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  25. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

[​IMG]

Have been demoed the Reference Premiere Line, but they sound like diminishing return to my ears; little improvement and so much more expensive. Plus, my oldies sound SO good with punk and metal. The RF7s are incredible, but outta my league, too big for my living room, and would prolly be my weapon of choice since they're locally available and sound AWESOME.

Fortes would be my Heritages of choice, from the comments I've heard. The Heritage line is not sold down here, so I never heard any. Ever heard the Jubilees ? Those are real behemoths!