uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Zero discount for Revolver single lp and We get requests which i just tried to buy on their 30 percent "sale" announced today.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

Sound of Vinyl - the code does work on Tone Poet and BNC pre-orders

3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I ordered the 4 new tone poets but then realized that they won't ship until December 2nd when they're all in. bummer.
    Udiscover gave an option of shipping separately

4. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

the burrell and green were last to be able to use coupons on, but that was when they went up for preorder in may or june and then the release date changed to october

5. YouCantWin

YouCantWin Lacking in Some Direction

Blue Train was also eligible in one of the sales before it came out. I got my copy for 40% off. But it’s not now. :shrug:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

It works on sound of vinyl but they charge you for shipping so in the long run I paid about 29 bucks a piece for the new tone poets and will have to wait until December 2nd shipping to get all 4 of them together

superstar19 likes this.
  7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i think udiscover's ears are burning because they sent me the same 30% off e-mail today 30x

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Too bad these codes seldom if ever work on pre-orders. The only things I could find that I wanted on those sites were the latest Zappa reissues.

9. Chris Bernhardt

Chris Bernhardt Forum Resident

Blue Note is having a 25% off sale that's good for pre-orders , the BNC's and Tone Poets. CenterStage has a vinyl sale currently (30%) where I got the Oscar Peterson under $30 free shipping .

10. Swordsandchains

you have a link for center stage? All i see there is 20% off active titles

11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Can't use the code on the already-released "Revolver" set, either. :sigh:

At this point, I'm gonna wait for Black Friday - or related - sales and see what happens.

I amassed a ton of points last year and will burn through them somehow if I can't use them with a special - if a special comes about that actually lets me buy what I want, that is! :sigh:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Did any of you have issues with their halloween wheel spin discounts? I got a 30% off code from that but no matter how much I have in my cart, it doesn’t work. Tells me the amount is too low for the coupon to be applied… rip off. At least I have thousands of points saved up for discount codes. Waiting for the right time to cash them in!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Those of us with lots of points saved up from previous orders end up spending a bunch more, and thus accruing more points. I just got a $21 gift code last week, and what I used it on (Revolver box) now has me back up to over $30 in gift code points. They still don’t seem to allow you to stack the codes unfortunately. I have several $5-$10 codes in my account that I never use. I might as well split up my orders and use them though. Otherwise I agree, not the best place to buy records from.

The big reason I like buying from universal though is if there’s an issue, a defective record, damaged in shipping etc, Universal eats the cost of a replacement; not an indie record store. I get a pretty high rate of defective discs so being able to have the label directly replace it works out great.

hutlock and GentleSenator like this.
  14. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Was only good through 11/1. At least mine was. Not sure if you were trying to use it yesterday, but should have worked then but shouldn't today.

15. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

I was trying minutes after I got the code on 10/29 so not sure what the deal was. Quite annoying that I couldn’t use it on the revolver box, but then right after that promo ended, sound of vinyl apparently allowed 30% codes on the box.

superstar19 likes this.
  16. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

udiscover blows

17. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Ya gotta look at the fine print.

A lot of titles - like the new "Revolver" - are exempt from "site-wide sales", which apparently applies to codes.

It says "exempt" in the fine print of each title.

Davidmk5, astro70 and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

But, again, the 30% off DOES work at SoundOfVinyl, knocking $60 off the $200 price of the Revolver Vinyl Deluxe.

leeroy jenkins, aoxomoxoa and astro70 like this.
  19. Swordsandchains

last i checked its sold out at SoV

mrjinks likes this.
  20. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Ahh yes, I see it is! I nearly bit with their 25% off "spinner" sale, but thought a 30% or 40% offer might pop up. Glad I jumped on the 30% yesterday and didn't wait longer!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  21. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

I bought it last night with the 30% off. Hopefully it shows up!

mrjinks likes this.
  22. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Thanks for pointing that out , makes it easier ....A few boxed sets i want have that so i guess they won't be on sale if there is a black friday sale

"Excluded from sitewide sales / discounts"

Oatsdad likes this.
  23. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

Another reason to be “excluded from my $$$”

Matthew Tate and Davidmk5 like this.
  24. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

They might be. There is literally no rhyme or reason to it.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  25. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

So, the email I received says this:

Sale ends 11/23/22 at 11:59pm PT

Is that end date actually correct?