Little Rascals Coming To Blu-Ray!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AlmanacZinger, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Yum yum eattum up!

2. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

So I just ordered my Set via the website! Great.
    But can someone please specify that if there was originally a 6 disc set and now we have a “bonus disc” why is the new box still 6 discs? Please forgive me if I’m being stupid here but is what I seem to do well!,
    Beave

Davosco, longdist01 and ClassicFlix like this.
  3. ClassicFlix

ClassicFlix Forum Resident

Thanks for your order!

The reason is because there was room to spare on the individual volumes so we took the 80 shorts that were on 6 discs and re-authored them onto 5 discs for the Centennial Collection (with the 6th disc now being all bonus materials).

- David
    ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

4. The Beave

You Rock David! And your welcome. Preserving Americana history when so much of it is being Written OUT of history is super important to me. That’s why I’m scarfing up all the Looney Tunes that WB has put out on DVD and BlueRay. I just wish they’d complete it but it doesn’t look good at this point.
    So again David BIG THANKS FROM the Beave!
    Beave

5. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

The Little Rascals
    The Complete Collection
    (Centennial Edition)

The Complete Sound Collection Trailer

6. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

Rec'd my bonus disc today and have watched about a third of the features. Thanks again for your great work, David.

7. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thank you so very much @ClassicFlix , have recieved the Bonus features* Blu-Ray and Scanavo Multi-disc case to store my seperate Vol. 1-6 discs inside, going to put all seperate inserts stored inside a mini folder in the media cabinet for Reference.

[​IMG]

Greatly appreciate all time researching, locating the best film elements and beautiful Restored work ClassicFlix has accomplished and extra mile in quality in producing for the many fans of 'The Little Rascals' the Sound Shorts and 'Our Gang' Silent Shorts soon to come!

Thank you David!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    The Beave, Davosco, Dave112 and 2 others like this.
  8. Dave112

Dave112 Forum Resident

My sets came today! I look forward to watching my set when I have a bit of spare time.

longdist01, The Beave and ClassicFlix like this.
  9. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

ClassicFlix is amazing! They beautifully restored the Little Rascals sound shorts above anyone's expectations. They are now going above & beyond to bring us the Little Rascals silent shorts. They created an incredible bonus disc & made it available to everyone that bought the original single disc volumes (Other companies would've made it an exclusive to sell the single "complete" box set). On top of all that, they also made available to the original buyers the new case to combine the original 6 discs! Thank you ClassicFlix!!!

Tip 1-Try buying all of your future titles directly from ClassicFlix to show them your support & allow them to continue their great work in the future.
    Tip 2-Save your cases. You might get a title someday that has a case damaged during shipping. That will be a simple "switch out" fix.

10. wdp33

wdp33 Forum Resident

Really enjoying the set, including the bonus disc (though perhaps one too many Stripe toothpaste commercials with Jackie Lynn Taylor). The Spanky and Porky 1985 event was especially nice to see. Well done.

Davosco, longdist01 and ClassicFlix like this.
  11. David R. Modny

David R. Modny Гордий українець-американець

I received my bonus disc yesterday as well. I'll just echo the kudos and say how impressed I am in the way ClassicFlix does things. They really do go the extra mile, and their attention to detail is (obviously) stellar. I doubt that most other companies would have accommodated the early adopters the way they did in terms of creating cohesive packaging.

(And I agree that saving the empty, unique cases is a great idea as an "insurance policy" for the future.)

12. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

I agree 100%. Many thanks again to ClassicFlix for handling this in a first class manner!
    Love the work and the entire series.

[​IMG]

13. The Beave

14. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

@ClassicFlix (David)

I bought the individual volumes upon release. Is there a way for me to purchase the individual bonus disc?

15. ClassicFlix

We just sold out yesterday. We had planned to have the extra bonus disc available for purchase for at least 3 - 6 months after street date (11/15), but demand was unusually high after we went to press.

Not sure at this point if we'll re-press, but if we do it'll be early next year.

- David

longdist01 likes this.
  16. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Ya snooze, ya lose! :realmad:

17. dwm67

dwm67 Forum Resident

I ordered the bonus disc about 18 hours ago via Amazon.com (only because Classicflix does not ship to Canada). It appears they charged my card a couple hours ago … did I get lucky?

Davosco, longdist01 and rontoon like this.
  18. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered via Amazon!

Davosco and longdist01 like this.
  19. dwm67

dwm67 Forum Resident

I just received the shipping notice :)

longdist01 and rontoon like this.
  20. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Was there a low volume of 6 pressed? I keep watching for it?

longdist01 and ClassicFlix like this.
  21. ClassicFlix

Yes, Volumes 3 & 4 didn't sell as well as 1 & 2 so we pressed less for Volume 5 and a little less for Volume 6. It will come back in print early next year though.

Thanks for your support.

- David

longdist01 likes this.
  22. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

I would regularly search for it and it never came up. Now, I see it there, but it’s unavailable.

You got lucky.

23. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Me too. Mine is due to be delivered tomorrow.

longdist01 likes this.
  24. The Beave

25. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Jason W likes this.