Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

We have two Walmart stores within a few miles of my house. Both are very large Superstores. One normally carries about 20 or so records on a good day and the other had 150+ in stock the day I went there. Ironically, the one fully stocked was the older run down store that caters to lesser affluent people. Not sure they actually sell a lot of records in that store. Lucky for me, I actually stopped by both stores.

2. voxstarstream

voxstarstream Forum Resident

To get The Clash 3LP set for 15 bucks was a deal indeed!

3. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

When does this sale end? Might try and alleviate my in store fomo and hit one of my local Wal-Mart's tonight.

4. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

COB Tonight

5. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

That's what I thought. I love a Black Friday sale that ends nearly a week before Black Friday LOL.

voxstarstream and ATMP like this.
  6. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

:D Next week they’ll be $5

7. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

8. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

Picked these up:

Beatles - Abbey Road Anniv. ed
    Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill
    STP - Purple

Should've picked up (and now gone):
    STP - Core

9. voxstarstream

So 5o wrap this up, those of you who were able to get in to your local Supercenter Friday morning scored! I am particularly pleased with the "Experience Hendrix" 2LP set, which I thought was an awesome deal!

Joseph.McClure likes this.
  10. Russ_B66

Russ_B66 Forum Resident

"The Marfa Tapes" with Jack Ingram, Jon Randall and Miranda Lambert came home with me tonight. I have been wanting this since its release. It's two lps but it could have fit on one I suppose. It usually sells for about $30.00 and it scanned as $15. The new Springteen was also $15. I already have the new Springsteen on cd but the Marfa Tapes have not been released on cd.

Tjazz and Davidmk5 like this.
  11. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Similarly, but going in the opposite direction (Tennessee to Texas) - picked up War-Hits, Superfly, RHCP-Blood Sugar..., Chris Stapleton-From a Room 2fer, AiC Dirt, and Mazzy Star-So Tonight.... There were quite a few that I left on the shelf because the corners were bent (some Black Crowes, Garage Inc..)- most stores packed too many on the shelves.

12. DarkwingPuck

DarkwingPuck Forum Resident

Had to travel a bit for a lunch meeting today and stopped by a local walmart. Found an "Abbey Road" Giles remix and that AAA "What's Going On". Quite excited to hear both, especially the latter.

ZoJo9800, Fender Relic and Davidmk5 like this.
  13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

what i gleaned from the sale is that the walmarts that are delivering online orders direct from the store had almost nothing left on the shelves. the other ones were all very well stocked. i visited 9 locations in my area (i didn't feel like working).

Tjazz likes this.
  14. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Took one last swing into my local Walmart tonight , they had just put some new stuff out , the new KISS creatures of the Night & alos the new Irona maiden number of the Beast 3-lp ...... rang it at self checkout & then called over an employee , they had a Manger fix the price to $15 so that was a really nice score :righton:

15. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

I figured they'd put out a bunch of new stuff right after the sale ended, or just before it ends. Crap!!

MikeInFla and Davidmk5 like this.
  16. the real pope ondine

the real pope ondine Forum Resident

probably hit the same ones depending on your route! pretty sure I was the only person looking at most of them since they were all neatly squeezed into the shelf slots and can't imagine anyone putting them back that way (a pain to go through them but fun to score.

17. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

WalmAAArt!!! :goodie:

18. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

Are the Linda Ronstadt vol. 1 and vol. 2 AAA?

19. voxstarstream

Probably not; they were mastered at Capitol.

MonkeyMan likes this.
  20. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

It was a fun sale! Sure I missed out on a few that I saw (when I thought it was exclusives and not ALL vinyl) but over all I am pleased. Last year’s sale was fun too when they had a bunch of exclusives released just for the Black Friday sale for $15 but was disappointed then that it did not include all vinyl.

I had a chance to finally open up Bad Company and at least look at it (haven’t played it yet) and for some reason I was surprised to see the cool Swan Song label on the record. Not sure what I was expecting because I know Bad Co was on that label. I guess I thought it would be an Atlantic label. The “silver/gray” vinyl looks cool too. And everything I bought from Walmart came in a polylined sleeve. No paper sleeves so that was nice too.

Glad everyone had fun while searching for what you wanted. While we probably didn’t find everything we were looking for we still made out like bandits on this sale!

21. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i had to pop into my local walmart late last night for christmas lights but the only new release they had out was the MJ Thriller (which i dont need)

22. voxstarstream

Same here. Was hoping to see "In Utero" but alas, no luck. Come to think of it, I didn't see a single Nirvana record at the 8 Walmarts I visited this past weekend!

Swordsandchains likes this.
  23. voxstarstream

Yes we did! The only one I was really wanted but didn't find was "The Wall". One store had a copy of "Dark Side Of The Moon" (which I bought), and that was the ONLY Pink Floyd record I saw all weekend!

MikeInFla likes this.
  24. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Same. In fact I saw several copies of that one but passed because I already have a 70’s pressing which plays fine. No Animals remix, no Wall, no Delicate Sound (which I have seen in Walmart before).

25. voxstarstream

Most Walmarts in my area regularly carry both "Dark Side" and "The Wall". Me thinks Walmart employees put them aside for themselves pre-sale.