Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. je245

je245 Forum Resident

jonwoody, Tim 2 and timind like this.
  2. Charles Hidalgo

Charles Hidalgo Tubes, Horns, tape, analog!

Being married almost a year and now my room is the “overflow” room for the first time in my life as my wife decorates the rest of the house. It’s getting a bit crowded but things still sound great. This must be love. I’m a great husband.
    [​IMG]

3. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

$1895 for a single square cabinet- you've got to be kidding me. Wow.

4. Freddy's Dead

Freddy's Dead Forum Resident

Agree with the sentiment but that is by far the priciest per cabinet. I have 5 of thier crates pretty much filled and could fill another two with myh "A" records so IF I had to do it again I may have gone with this one for $4,430 for 6 which means $738 each, Dovetail 3 × 2 – Symbol Audio Still crazy expensive but mine totaled out to be $4,150 and my crate at the bottom (may be crates if I add more) don't have any drawer hardware to keep it (them) from falling out so I would have probably paid the extra $280 for that + have more room on top if needed.

Tim 2 and timind like this.
  5. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

Fair enough, I just can't imagine how the conscious decision was made by human beings to charge $1895 for that tiny cabinet lol. As a carpenter I'm truly inspired!

6. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Forum Resident

This is my "office" .......alright...our box bedroom.
    The wall unit I built thirty years ago, but I've added to it over the years.
    I did have this Rotel tuner/amp to play mp3s on my laptop through some oversize speakers (4 inch!) in this non-functioning jukebox wall box.

But last year I acquired a Leak 2000 tuner/amp like the one I have in our front room and added some bookshelf speakers. The Rotel is just a spare now.

[​IMG]

7. Dewey M

Dewey M Forum Resident

Secondary setup in our dining room / home office. (I work standing so have the speakers higher than would otherwise.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

captains log stardate....

jonwoody, Tim 2, Ntotrar and 2 others like this.
  9. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

Only a year? Wait till you get into double digits when multiple rooms become over flo rooms…and no remodeling going on.

jonwoody, Tim 2, timind and 2 others like this.
  10. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Better Homes & Gardens 8-Cube Organizer, Multiple Colors
    $82.37

Sturdy and good looking.

Aftermath likes this.
  11. baja

baja Forum Resident

... awesome. Congratulation to your cave! Have you ever audited a "real" 753C? There are some YouTubes around where they are sounding beautifully, although video recorded, compressed and transmitted via PC/Mac speakers. Mmh, once I got the opportunity to listen to a Mono (single) 753C, I was somehow disappointed because it was very close to my (former) little Bitone 3101 – the sound was somehow a little bit boxy and frowsty. Which kind of crossovers are you using?

je245 likes this.
  12. Bill Bula

Bill Bula Well-Known Member

My system is budget :) if there is such a thing. Everything bought used, total spend I close to 3000 euro including shelves and lp’s. It’s in a spare bedroom which is approximately 5x8 meters. Focal jm lab speakers Thorens 320 tp90 arm with AT VM750SH cartridge. Sony cd player hardly used.

13. Naka9

Naka9 music first audiophile

Great room, great system!
    My wife is also supporting my audiophiliac ways, but now I have a dedicated listening room. This allows me to have more equipment to enjoy and reduce to a maximum every non-audiophile visitors funny comments... such as: “is this ugly stuff really necessary to enjoy music? I’ve good a wonderful JBL boothtooth speaker that...”

April Snow and jonwoody like this.
  14. Chris81

Chris81 Teckel fool

15. Charles Hidalgo

Charles Hidalgo Tubes, Horns, tape, analog!

I should say we have been together going on 13 years now, and she's been great with my stuff in three rooms so I cannot complain. I'm the actual overflow offender here so I don't say anything during the holidays. :angel:

Yeah I've had this dedicated room almost 23 years now. I'm very lucky and like I commented earlier I have this 20x24x8 room along with two others full of speakers and gear from over 40 years that I have been culling out the last two years so I have no problem with some holiday overflow.

She has known about my passions from the day we met. I had them before her and I have them now still after over 50 years. Do not feel to bad for her people. My guilt gifts are nice!:tiphat:

16. timind

timind phorum rezident

warp2600, jonwoody and Chris81 like this.
  17. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Forum Resident

Thanks to all those who liked my "office."

A bit more information.
    The counter top is a surplus kitchen worktop.
    As the room is so small, I've two pull-out tables, one to work on, the other to support my guillotine, when I'm trimming photos.
    There's 6 stick-on LED downlighters under the bottom shelf.
    I've managed to hide all the cables

To get the best finish it's advisable, if like me, you've only a handsaw, is to get a wood yard to cut the laminate for you.
    The problem with this stuff is that it bends with any sort of weight if there aren't enough supports. But this sort of construction lends itself to alterations, I've altered it a few times over two decades.

[​IMG]

For shelving, I like bull-nosed hard wood window sills.

I made this bookcase with them.

No joints, just "L" shaped brackets and a sheet of plywood for the back.

[​IMG]

A few years ago we had on a wall in our lounge two long shelves I made of this wood in the seventies. But we decided we wanted to push the sofa back against the wall to create more room. So I took them down and made the bookcase with them. I can't remember how much the wood cost forty-odd years ago, but it wasn't a lot.

These days, hardwood costs a fortune.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  18. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Forum Resident

@Old Shatterhand 99 bonus points for your little doxie! Dackel sind die Besten!

Chris81 likes this.
  19. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Nice dining room/office system! I hope it's not rude to ask but deeply curious what work you must do standing? I've already ruled out orchestra conductor but anything else is in play.

Tim 2 likes this.
  20. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

I'm just guessing but maybe cat butler ? :shrug:

jonwoody likes this.
  21. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

I did that job for years spent a lot of time kneeling down dealing with messes not as much standing. ;)

Tim 2 likes this.
  22. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Hopefully not kneeling down cleaning up mess's under your Audio Notes ? :mad:

jonwoody likes this.
  23. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Litter box excavation...

jonwoody likes this.
  24. aunitedlemon

aunitedlemon Unity is in the pith.

Some after dinner metal.
    [​IMG]

25. C10

C10 eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die

\m/