Bruce Springsteen - Live Archive Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris S., Aug 24, 2015.

1. dee

dee Senior Member

Small sale at nugs. 25% off downloads, but cd's too. Also free streaming thru 12.2 Read the email quickly so may have missed a detail or two ;).

JohnB likes this.
  2. Attila the Professor

Attila the Professor Forum Resident

I think you have to be a streaming subscriber?

dee likes this.
  3. Yes.That’s new for this years sale.Although there is a initial free week you have to pay for 1 month at minimum $12.99.So that is a surcharge on sale price.

Frank Discussion and dee like this.
  4. dee

dee Senior Member

Okay, thanks guys for the clarifications.

Frank Discussion likes this.
  5. Attila the Professor

I wonder if Bruce's website will have their own sale this year

6. It appears you can cancel before you have to pay anything.So no surcharge.
    It was always one or the other.For the past several years it has only been Nugs.There hasn’t been a sale through the Springsteen site for a long time.

dee and Attila the Professor like this.
  7. dee

dee Senior Member

If you are already a previous purchaser and therefore? already 'signed in' with nugs, in the prcoess, if you do want to stream - even for the 1st time - there may only be a 7 day window, to then cancel monthly streaming, before being charged.

8. That’s normally the case but this is a special promo.You definitely get the 1 month free streaming and then need to cancel before the end of that period (so 21 December if you do it today) to avoid any charges.

Mr. D likes this.
  9. dee

dee Senior Member

Okay I will double check my nugs account and see what streaming options I can click accesss into.

10. John22

John22 Forum Resident

I think the 25% off downloads are only available when I can start a streaming subscription but the content is only available in US & Canada:

Stream Live Bruce Springsteen Concerts on nugs.net

So I can forget the 25 %.

Micah likes this.
  11. JohnB

JohnB Senior Member

Yes, it seems that in order to get the 25% off you have to sign up for streaming, if I'm not mistaken. I have zero interest in streaming, but I guess that's what they're trying to push on us these days. Wasn't that long ago when you could simply buy downloads on black Friday at 50% off, no sign up required. Then they knocked it down to 25%, and now apparently it's 25% but you have to sign up for streaming. Sorry guys, I was ready to spend some money but refuse to get pressured into doing something I have no interest in. If I'm mistaken on this and you don't have to sign up for anything then please correct me.

Micah and John22 like this.
  12. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

You can cancel the streaming trial immediately after signing up so it’s hardly a deal breaker.

Mr. D, dee and Oatsdad like this.
  13. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

14. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Why is that John? I just subscribed from the UK and I'm intending to do quite a few purchases in the next days :)

15. John22

John22 Forum Resident

After I read that the streaming content is only available in US & Canada I no longer tried to sign up for a subscription. I have an old Nugs account at Bruce Springsteen Live Concert CDs & Downloads but the the prices have no discount there.

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Maybe I screwed up and I'm wrong, but when I started a trial, it wouldn't get me access to the 25% sale.

I had to pay for the service to get the discount and then canceled immediately after I bought the shows I wanted, but I'm still out the $13.

This means the "sale" was barely worth the effort.

I bought 7 shows, which meant I saved about $22.75 over regular price for 7 ALAC downloads.

So I saved like $1.40 per show, or barely 10% - and had to go through the hassle of the streaming membership.

:sigh:

17. dee

dee Senior Member

Hmm. I wonder if the $13 gets refunded, after your cancellation?
    Takes time to process and post? I dunno. I wanted to use the streaming to listen to longer samples, to figure out which concerts I might want to buy...

Oatsdad likes this.
  18. Attila the Professor

I had to sign up with a new email address to get the offer. I don't think it works with the trial, rather signing up fresh gives you 1 month free streaming and then access to the sale

dee likes this.
  19. Oatsdad

Even after I canceled, it said I had a subscription until 12/23, so I don't think I'm getting a refund.

20. dee

dee Senior Member

Yeesh :(

21. Oatsdad

Well, I suspect this won't break me financially. And I'm still ahead in terms of what I paid vs. normal price for those 7 downloads! :)

dee likes this.
  22. dee

dee Senior Member

:righton:

Oatsdad likes this.
  23. No.You can sign up and stream from overseas despite what it says on the site.I’ve done so from Australia this week.

24. I’m guessing if you have had a Nugs streaming subscription before the offer can only be activated if you use a new email address.They should have made that clear in the promo if that was the case.
    Alternatively if they keep doing this there are many free email services out there where you can create an account for each sale.See below.

25. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I signed up for the Nugs streaming trial using the link in the email they sent me. When I did that, they gave me a discount code nugs25, which gave me a 25% discount on my download purchase. I then cancelled my streaming trial and wasn't charged anything else. It was confusing though, because I first just signed in to my account without using the email link and it looked like they were going to charge me the $12.99 for streaming and I didn't get the discount code. It shouldn't be this difficult to get in on the sale.

dee likes this.