Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

I see these both online for $15 still.

2. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

It's funny. You can see stock rolling back in, and a lot are still $15. I'm assuming only online, though (I could be wrong, as well :D)

3. voxstarstream

voxstarstream Forum Resident

Queen "Sheer Heart Attack" is back up to $26

4. miller_time22

miller_time22 Forum Resident

I was late to this party, but managed to grab a few today (1984, Master of Puppets, Purple and A Night at the Opera). They scanned at $15 on the app, but didn’t ring up that way so had to get adjustments, which went off without a hitch.

JasonA and voxstarstream like this.
  5. voxstarstream

You were lucky, the sale technically ended yesterday at midnight.

miller_time22 and MikeInFla like this.
  6. miller_time22

miller_time22 Forum Resident

The sun shines on a dog’s ass every once in a while!

7. voxstarstream

Indeed it does!

MikeInFla and miller_time22 like this.
  8. voxstarstream

I'm overall happy with what I walked away with this weekend.

9. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Curious how the Bad Co sounds. The few comments out there seem to be either "sounds great" or "sucks". I'm not sure I trust either.

10. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Looks like in store is done. Good thing I guess. Myt wallet was hurting. Missed out on the White Album box, overall a lot of good snags for me and 5 or 6 Christmas gifts for our son. Arrived today in the mail and not part of the in store experience or the picture (but still $15) were In Utero and Def Leppard's Diamond Star Halos (for the boy) [​IMG]

11. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Will let you know when I have time to play it. It may be a while, I have been busy with work and family so there’s little time for records at the moment. Overall it looks really nice but that’s a moot point if it sounds like crap. Hoping for the best.

12. Jasonbraswell

Jasonbraswell Vinylphile

I picked up some goodies.
    Helped out @JasonA with the Marvin and he's sending me a Justice For All CB cut.

The Aretha's Gold is probably the most surprising score with KPG in runouts.

Stapleton Traveller sounds quite a bit better than the A Room. It could be AAA but no way to know for sure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. djej

djej Forum Resident

Over the course of a few days I hit up 4 different Wal-Marts. Two didn't have much at all and two had a nice selection.

Picked up:
    Run The Jewels 4
    Silk Sonic
    Superfly (for a Christmas gift)
    Matchbox 20 - Exile On Mainstream
    Beatles - Abbey Road (Ann. edition)

Would have loved to have found the Marvin WGO 50th Ann. for a Christmas gift for a family member who has been getting into vinyl over the last few years and the White Album 4LP set, but it wasn't meant to be.

Saw some titles that normally would have interested me (Aretha Gold and Al Green Gr Hits, but I have most everything on those from nice VMP releases). Lots of other great titles as well (Aerosmith The Road Starts Hear, most LZ albums, etc.), but I also picked up some stuff from the Target sale... and RSD BF is coming up, and I may pick up some stuff then. Had to cut it off somewhere.

14. tumbledweeb

tumbledweeb Forum Resident

So disappointing, played my Marvin today and side 2 is pressed wildly off center giving it a woozy psychedelic sound. Tossing up returning it but they don’t have another copy and three out of the four sides are great, and it’s not like I paid full price.

Fender Relic likes this.
  15. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

:eek: I haven't opened mine yet but, yeah, that one seems hard to find.

16. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Any chance this sale comes back for the actual Black Friday, or was this it for this year?

miller_time22 likes this.
  17. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

My guess is they may do the select Titles at $15 ? 1 of the stores i was in over the weekend they had just set up a small Cardboard $15 Vinyl rack , it only had like 4 "shelves" in it but it said $15 vinyl on it ........ time will tell

18. voxstarstream

I'm pretty certain that was it. Since COVID, Walmart has been doing their Black Friday sales before Black Friday (the idea being to 'spread out' the sales and have less crowded stores (social distancing).

Davidmk5 likes this.
  19. Bahloo2000

Bahloo2000 Well-Known Member

What’s weird though is that there is no in store promotion of the sale. No one there knew. Even the cashiers in electronics didn’t know.

Davidmk5 and black sheriff like this.
  20. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

There were signs in the vinyl sections of the stores I went to, but they were ones that were printed off by someone on a HP or Xerox, not the ones made for a store promotion or sale (like the nice ones on a heavier card-stock). Like many have said, I imagine the vinyl at Walmart is very low hanging fruit and doesn't move the needle for them as a product; maybe more of a gateway for people to come in and look at it and possibly go by groceries or something else.

Fender Relic likes this.
  21. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Mine knew. While I was looking the guy working there said “grab all you can it’s $15!”. But since it was my third trip there everything was picked over but since it was Saturday morning I grabbed Hendrix Live AtThe Forum.

22. voxstarstream

Yes, there were signs at 2 of the stores I visited (my local didn't put theirs up until Saturday morning). This helped those of us who knew beforehand get a better selection.

23. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

All 3 stores i went to had 0 signs up

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I bought it on a flyer too, but it was kind of “I’ll wait and see what others think”.

25. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I went to 7 stores. No signage.