Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

:agree:

2. bruinuclafan

bruinuclafan Forum Resident

Ha! By the way, this showed up on my doorstep at 7am this morning. Pretty amazing for it to arrive so quickly.

struttincool and latheofheaven like this.
  3. dusttones

dusttones Forum Resident

4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member Thread Starter

It's happened to me many times with Amazon before, but not Target. I think the problem is that Amazon only applies to deal to select items, not entire categories, and they add and remove items from qualifying for the deal quite frequently. So between the time you add something to your cart and the time you go to check out, you very well could have an item or two no longer eligible for the deal. I know I posted about this before during one of their 3 for 2 sales because it basically makes me not want to bother with them.

5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

6. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I'll add that some prices change, too. The new pressing of Can't buy a Thrill is part of the sale. I got it for a base price (before discount) of $24.94. Shortly after I bought it, it went up to $29.99, where it still sits now.

Lesson: don't wait on it.

7. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member Thread Starter

Yes, but what is waiting on it? I think Amazon's sale works if you already have a lot of stuff you are ready to order. If you need to browse to find 3 similarly priced items to maximize your discount, by the time you've found your third item one of the first two might have been removed from the sale. At least that's what happened to me more than once, and sometimes an item that was removed from the promotion would be back on it the next day. It's almost as if they were hoping people would just buy the stuff they put in their cart regardless of price, or maybe not even notice they weren't getting the deal they thought they were.

latheofheaven, imarcq and hutlock like this.
  8. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Neil Young’s Archives 2 box is marked down to $91, plus it was on the 3 for 2 list this morning. Scrambled to find two other similarly priced items in order to grab it. Some other boxes are slowly making their way into the sale, but there is no way to sort based on price.

9. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

You can get it from Target with the buy 3 cancel 2 sale.

10. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Yeah, but I wanted the other two items I bought.

11. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

what a joke. maybe y'all have time and patience to wade through multiple duplicate items, but i sure don't.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  12. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

I think they are just trying to kill our time until the target sale is over. They keep taking stuff out of the sale and putting it back in, search is pretty useless, can’t sort at all. Very deliberate of Amazon.

latheofheaven likes this.
  13. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Walmart took care of me this go round,...done with Amazon bait/switch

latheofheaven, Myke and hutlock like this.
  14. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

16. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Big Pink is down to a manageable $64.54 in its own right. Worth watching in case it makes its way into the 3-for-2 offer.

https://www.amazon.com/Music-Big-Pi...6e-907a-8a0a22d28248&pd_rd_i=B07DVGLWLP&psc=1

17. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I'm just kind of over buying stuff online. I feel like it's crack and you can go overboard. Sure, great prices. You just start accumulating so much more, who has time to listen to all of this stuff?

I'm just gonna go local and buy it when I need it. Even if I have to pay more. In the end it won't be as much as I'd pay for stuff that's going to gather dust and satisfy some weird FOMO.

Lethrus, zongo, Starquest and 15 others like this.
  18. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I get what you're saying, but this year I've held off on buying box sets to see if these types of deals appear. Some titles had been on my Hold list for close to two years.

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I like it less than you, but I did think about it for a while, given the price. But I realized I still don't like it, and I don't really need a "bootleg" concert.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  20. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, I think I have arrived at that same conclusion myself.

GentleSenator, latheofheaven and Myke like this.
  21. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

That's where the streaming services are worth their weight in gold. I have separate lists consisting of the concerts included on the Cahoots and Stage Fright boxes, which is especially useful since I'm not a Cahoots fan and already own an earlier pressing of Stage Fright.

latheofheaven likes this.
  22. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Cahoots can be had on discogs from popmarket for less than $30 after taxes.

23. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

:laugh:

24. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

aoxomoxoa and latheofheaven like this.
  25. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Thanks for this. It’s $38.70 plus $17 shipping to Canada on Amazon. Just ordered from Popmarket discogs and shipping was 7 bucks!

FWatty and latheofheaven like this.