Bob Dylan: THE BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 17: "Fragments - Time Out of Mind Sessions" [1/27/23]*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeeThomaz, Jul 20, 2021.

1. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

That is not the case which you will see from the post I made and quoted below....

No one is saying you can't discuss a particular song, all we ask is, that if members wish to do so they keep the discussion friendly and free of pointless arguments and insults.

2. But sending me four in separate packages ???? I hope I didn’t order four ten LP sets by mistake :)

3. Sipuncula

Sipuncula Forum Resident

I am thankful today that there is a new Bootleg Series in our future. I'm good with any Dylan era as long as it keeps coming. 10LPs?? My main concern is figuring out how to free up 3" of shelf space just to the right of Volume Sixteen(s). Not a bad problem to have.

AGimS, Sacr, theMot and 2 others like this.
  4. I'll take one of those off your hands for free if that's the case. I'll save you some space and even pay the postage :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    Mazzy likes this.
  5. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

At one point there was a ‘lead’ on a full soundboard, but it never happened and the moment passed, unfortunately.

keef285 and zombie dai like this.
  6. Nogoodnik

Nogoodnik Celebrity Jeopardy and Mini Crossword smart

Especially when it’s in the form of that horrible Eagles song.

7. Crosseyed

Crosseyed help I'm a rock

The 1997 El Rey run deserves the box set treatment

8. Crosseyed

Those are great shows. The entire year of 1997 is amazing. The spring tour featured some really nice songs like Pretty Peggy-O which he absolutely kills.

keef285, kohoutek, babyblue and 2 others like this.
  9. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own

is there an unofficial one floating around? or was the 'lead' official?

10. If you are in the US I’ll mail one to you. Inbox ne you mailing address. Don’t worry about postage

11. HuntingBare

HuntingBare Forum Resident

Yeah I used to have that 1997 Bootleg, Bathed in a Stream of Pure Heart, which had the best version of Pretty Peggy-O I have ever heard.

12. Themigou

Themigou Forum Resident

I remember Peggy-O on 3 February 1990 - a flipping fantastic show.

Floater and Crosseyed like this.
  13. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I was at that one, also.

Crosseyed and Themigou like this.
  14. Deja Doh

Deja Doh QUARANTINED

15. HuntingBare

HuntingBare Forum Resident

Yes.

I love the album as it is, but I have long felt the production is way overcooked. And I regret the way they distorted and buried Dylan's voice in the mix. That said, there isn't an alternative - no, not even Can't Wait - that I prefer to the album take. The exception is the Vicky's Panties mix of Love Sick, I do prefer that to the album mix. The 'Take 2' version of Love Sick comes close, too.

Assuming the remix is done well, it will be fascinating to build our own versions of the album, based on our favoured mixes of each track.

RubenH and Crosseyed like this.
  16. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

As I have mentioned before, I love the current TOOM mix but for the remix I am hoping it is as close to Love And Theft as possible for an alternative. This isn't going to be like Star Wars where Bob yells out "Maclunky" in the middle of Trying To Get To Heaven.

17. kohoutek

kohoutek Forum Resident

The 1997
    As does that run in NYC the following year, some of my favorite shows.

Dark Horse 77 and Crosseyed like this.
  18. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

TheGreenGroove, 905 and Themigou like this.
  19. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Fifteen sold in two days. Squeaky bum time! Fewer than 700 left! Come on people, the old goat needs your money. He just lost half a mil on a book deal he did with Swindler & Swindler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mrjinks, skipper1967 and Themigou like this.
  20. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own

21. Themigou

Themigou Forum Resident

:laugh:

22. Crosseyed

Yes those January/February 1998 shows are amazing as well

23. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Thankfully I have never heard Garth Brooks or Adele or Engelbert Humperdinck do Make You Feel My Love, so its always just been a Bob Dylan song to me.

Barnyard Symphony likes this.
  24. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Unfortunately my ears have had the misfortune of hearing the Garth Brooks version. I have luckily been able to avoid all others.

25. Slightly OT: I've never heard any of those versions. I don't plan to anytime soon, but more power to anyone who loves those artists. As Quinn the Eskimo might say, those artists "ain't my cup of meat." I do like "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks but that's it. Here's the funny thing: if you ask any of the folks who like the other interpretations of that song, they'll most likely say that they hate Dylan's voice but like his lyrics. I have a feeling that most of us in this thread are not in the category. We love Dylan, his voice, and his sick bird in a cage.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022