Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Sweet haul DLD! I really wanted that Police Half-Speed for $15 but alas I was only able to hit 1 of my local targets at 9pm Sunday night so I'm happy w the few I got in person. Like you, I ordered a few online and was wondering how yours were shipped. My Johnny Cash Folsom Prison and Queen The Game were shipped together in a poly bag with no cardboard inserts or anything to protect the records. Fortunately they must have been fulfilled locally as they arrived next day and in perfect shape despite the less than stellar packing.

Did yours come the same way or in a box?

Tattooed Headshrinker likes this.
  2. cowboy72

cowboy72 Forum Resident

Just wanted to drop in, I was at my Walmart and was thinking of picking up something for a friend. I scanned Johnny Cash at Folsom and it still came up $15. YMMV good luck

Davidmk5 and miller_time22 like this.
  3. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Same here as I was at walmart with the wife a couple of hours ago and just walked over to look real quick and saw several Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones 2lp gold, Hendrix Forum,Queen and others.
    Either a restock or from back room.....who knows.
    Every single one scanned at $15 but I had already made a major haul on wednesday so I grabbed the Hendrix and a couple of Yankee Candles for $10 each.
    Over and out!!

4. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

That is disappointing. Maybe they could ship a replacement in to store and let you return your wonky copy.

Your post prompted me to open my copy for a spin and glad to report it's great,at least the main album sides 1 & 2. I didn't have time to get to the bonus disc yet. It is a good listen, eh?

5. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I got my online records two ways, some were in stock at the local wal mart so they were delivered by courier directly from the store in a poly bag within a few hours of my order. No problem. The other online sales that came from either their warehouse or a third party seller came properly packed in a new Lp mailer

6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

That's really interesting , i went on one yesterday as i had ordered the Cheap trick 2-lp hits for in store pickup & while i was there i scanned a bunch and they were all csanning at regular price on the in store scanners on the poles .
    seems crazy they adjust the prices store by store but maybe they do ..... or they decided to start it again for Black friday ?

7. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

I was at a Walmart today and everything scanned at regular price.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  8. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

Yes, since the Pandemic hit in 2020 - which was the first year they started doing this $15 Black Friday sale - it’s always been a week or two before Black Friday.

The first year they ran, it was also just the weekend, Saturday and Sunday. I remember because I had bought AC/DC’s Power Up the day before (Friday), and it was full price, while the next day the were selling for $15.

Last year I want to say the sale started on Thursday, but still ran through Sunday. However, as had previously been pointed out, it was only for select titles.

This year the sale started online first, on Monday, but was only on select titles. It went live in stores Wednesday, where everything was on sale. There was no advance announce that all vinyl was going to be on sale in stores, either. People just sort of discovered it. Some stores had small signs up about, while others (none in my area) did.

9. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I used my phone to scan with store location rather than pole scanner.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  10. csaudvid

csaudvid Forum Resident

I'm curious if anyone has confirmed Kevin Gray mastered these Walmart copies; is KPG in the runout?

11. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

:uhhuh: I just finished listening to my Wal-Mart copy...great! I like the bonus disc as well.

MikeInFla likes this.
  12. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

KPG@CA on all 4 sides.

csaudvid likes this.
  13. tumbledweeb

tumbledweeb Forum Resident

Unfortunately I’ve lost the receipt now, annoying but I’ll live, I think I prefer the mono versions on disc 4 anyway and yes it’s a great sounding record! I think with all the other bargains I scored I’m still way in front.

Fender Relic likes this.
  14. timriepe

timriepe Forum Resident

I passed on Traveler because I heard that particular record was terrible on vinyl! I bought In A Room though and I think it sounds good! Darn, now I want Traveler

Jasonbraswell likes this.
  15. csaudvid

csaudvid Forum Resident

That's fantastic news. I visited two local stores and one outside my hometown. Bought more than I care to admit and will miss out on some upcoming Black Friday deals because of it! It was such a rush being on the hunt again as most of my vinyl buying is done on line these days. One store had an endcap with shelves filled with LPs stacked horizontally; I had THE greatest time, I got blisters on my thumbs!

Tjazz, JasonA, Fender Relic and 5 others like this.
  16. Jasonbraswell

Jasonbraswell Vinylphile

Not paying that much more post sale. Go for it!

Looks like major issues were on 2015 pressing and this is 2020 copy.

17. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Never Hurts To Ask

Two of the records I bought on sale last week were defective. I was allowed to swap them out, post-sale, for two other records. On another occasion a couple years ago, I only got my money back. Got lucky today.

davers, DLD and faceinthecrowd like this.
  18. DLD

DLD Senior Member

What records and what were the defects? I bought 24 and have only played 2. Might not get to all before return period is up. Thanks

19. Thesmellofvinyl

The new Springsteen had a warp and the gold War Hits set was horribly noisy.

20. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Thnx. I had the War n my hand but figured the 2 greatest hits on CD plus the 4 "core" War Lps I owned was enough.

21. Thesmellofvinyl

Defect aside, it sounds really good to me.

I picked up two copies but didn’t notice until later that the second one isn’t the colored vinyl. Now, like you, I’m not sure I really want to keep it.

DLD likes this.
  22. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Still hoping the Orange Metallica Hardwired... to Self-Destruct gets a re-press, as it's the only one I still need.

MikeInFla likes this.
  23. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Now that the sale is long gone I am seeing things that I want! Finally saw the Maiden “Number Of The Beast” set. Scanned it on my phone and it’s $54.97. Everything else that looked interesting also scanned a regular price.

sbsugar likes this.
  24. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

BTW: If you bought Walmart's color vinyl of Elvis' Golden Records, either during or after the $15 sale, you will find an un-advertised download card in the jacket. 320 mp3's. Free, nice. And the sound of the record is nicely quiet...all except one song, Love Me Tender...rice krispies on my copy.

Disappointed with the Stones Hot Rocks (warped, noisy), Motown #1's (2 skips) but happy with CCR at Royal Albert Hall 1970.

Thesmellofvinyl and MikeInFla like this.
  25. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident