Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. zeppage2

zeppage2 Forum Resident

Let's hope that the delivery delay means they have to source the titles nationwide and this means better packaging. Mine are coming to the Oakland bay area from Memphis, TN (5) and Laurel, MD (1).

2. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

the packaging to me has been A+ so far, not a single damaged item

Tjazz, GentleSenator, cyngus and 2 others like this.
  3. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Received my Revolver 4LP deluxe box set. It was packed in a box with a foam insert around all sides and packed snuggly.

Shawn, hutlock and Swordsandchains like this.
  4. cyngus

cyngus Forum Resident

Delivery times vary, but I had several orders arrive within a few days. Pre-orders are another matter.
    Edit to add they were all in great shape too.

5. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

Did the buy3-cancel2 thing, which seemed to work, but my one discounted remaining disc isn’t due until dec 7. However, pending cc for the entire original purchase still on my card, six days later. This hsppen to anyone else?

6. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

It will update when the order is shipped and you’ll only be charged for the single item and the appropriate tax. Some retailers will do a periodic re-authorization to the form of payment to ensure you have the funds to cover, especially on orders that will be fulfilled in the future.

7. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

just a hold. will adjust and be correct once your item actually ships. same thing happens with the tax--you'll be "charged" tax on all 3 items but it will adjust when shipping occurs.

8. shnaggletooth

9. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Received an email this morning that the Harvest CD box is delayed by two weeks.

10. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Hendrix UHQR from the sale shipped!

11. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Got an email asking if I still want a pre-order.
    Wondering if the Rolling Stones MONO box pre-order will be canceled.

12. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

If you have a preorder and the date changes, you’ll need to make sure to approve the change pretty quickly. Also if your credit card expires or anything, it will get cancelled. Preorders with far away release dates are always a little finicky with Target during these sales…I’ve had a few get cancelled

GentleSenator, SJP and Shawn like this.
  13. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I received a delay notice, but no request for approval.

14. Swordsandchains

I haven’t received any notices and my account says still estimated 1/23-1/26

15. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Got the same notice about Harvest. Canceled my Target order and just repurchased from Amazon.

16. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

The only item that wasn't a pre-order is lost somewhere between UPS and their transfer to the post office under their Mail Innovations partnership. Not sure who to contact about this one. Part of me wants to dump the problem on Target's lap, but I have an aversion to pi$$ing in the wind. Has anyone dealt with them on this issue?

17. That was my inner box (apparently, from UMG), which was then double-boxed with a Target box. Well done! It arrived last night so will be listening to it today.

Mike H. likes this.
  18. peeklay

peeklay Forum Resident

My Petty Box (deluxe 6lp) showed up last Friday (day of release) and the packaging from manufacturer was bad. Has a tear/smash along bottom of box.

I thought about return but if the original packaging stinks the odds are the replacement will be bad too. I will just keep as is. Need to give it a listen but the records looks good.

Mike H. likes this.
  19. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

I think they drop ship a lot of box sets. I tend to place separate orders instead of one big order so rarely have packing issues and box sets usually are packed like a tank for me

GentleSenator likes this.
  20. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident Thread Starter

The last time this happened to me, I wasn't able to approve the delay on the Target app, but was able to approve it on their website.

hutlock and Mike H. like this.
  21. Paul DeLuca

Paul DeLuca Forum Resident

Same, agree!

Shawn likes this.
  22. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Fatoumata Diawara - Fatou (Vinyl).
    Just listened to this for 1st time (other than previewing on youtube).
    HIGHLY recommended. Not a dud track on the entire lp.

GentleSenator likes this.
  23. shnaggletooth

Received Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets (2022 mono remaster) the other day, getting it a day earlier than scheduled. $13.75 shipped with the discount.

24. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

Does anybody have an idea when Target will do another Buy 3 Get 1 Free sale? I can’t remember if they did more than one of these sales in December of last year.

25. Swordsandchains

they did one in June this year and that was the only other one after last years Black Friday sale

bmusic likes this.