Lana Del Rey - Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd (New Studio Album)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Exitmusic, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Exitmusic

Exitmusic Forum Resident Thread Starter

[​IMG]

From Pitchfork.com

Lana Del Rey
    has announced her new album, Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd, and shared its title song. The follow-up to Blue Banisters is out March 10 via Interscope. The cover artwork lists various album contributors, including producers Jack Antonoff, Drew Erickson, Zach Dawes, as well as guests Jon Batiste, Father John Misty, and Tommy Genesis, engineer Laura Sisk, and others. Find the new song below.

In 2021, Lana Del Rey shared a pair of new records, Chemtrails Over the Country Club and Blue Banisters. With the release of the second LP, she set a new record for the most No. 1 albums on Billboard’s Alternative Albums chart. The musician has more recently released the Euphoria song “Watercolor Eyes” and covered Father John Misty’s “Buddy’s Rendezvous.”

Earlier this fall, Del Rey gave an update on new music and a manuscript for a book on which she was apparently working. She claimed in a series of since-deleted videos that a laptop, three video cameras, and multiple hard drives were stolen from her car. As a result, she said, a number of unfinished tracks got leaked, and she lost the manuscript for her book.

Here's the title track.

2. Exitmusic

Exitmusic Forum Resident Thread Starter

3. in_the_fog

in_the_fog Forum Resident

Looking forward to this. Her latest two albums felt a bit patchy and I can live without both. So hope this is more focused.

I could hear directly it was an Antonoff track.

If he continues to let ideas bleed through different projects, he will soon start to lose clients.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    DiBosco, Boswell and Nosferatuz like this.
  4. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Any info on where these are being pressed, Amazon has pink and black pre-orders so far, bound to be other variations.

5. Brian Doherty

Brian Doherty Forum Resident

While I have not yet managed to love ALL of Chem or Blue as much as I love NFR, I am glad she is continuing to be so prolific and seems little chance I won't have a lot to love about the new one. Not listening to new track yet tho. Waiting for right moment. She's an artist who (like Wes Anderson in film) I'm happy to keep having her mine the same sounds and emotions over and over and over again, tho I'm sure she's still capable of surprise later. That said.....I do hope to have chance to listen to an LDR lp written from a position of working marriage/partnership/family; might be very interesting.

6. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

YEAHH!!!! :love:

I haven't heard the single yet, saving it till later, but always good to have new Lana music. I thought Chemtrails was one of her best. I haven't got into Blue Banisters yet but I've only had for about a month and played it twice. I'm all for Antonoff with Lana. If they can make music as fine as NFR then I can't see a problem. On first impression the amount of collaborations seems concerning.

Bill_H, FJFP, Exitmusic and 2 others like this.
  7. LesMcQueen

LesMcQueen Forum Resident

Any chance of a pop song or two from her? Or a catchy chorus...? Please, it's been too long!

wolfram and pinkrudy like this.
  8. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I like the Amazon cover and color the best, so pre-ordered that for now!

I really like that new tune! Wonder who does the vocals on the fade?

MonkeyTennis, Gavaxeman and Porkpie like this.
  9. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

The question now is, which variant is the decent pressing? :D

John D. likes this.
  10. pghmusiclover

Oh I don't care about such things -- I buy one copy and that's that :D

rob68 likes this.
  11. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

So are the new songs recreations of the material that was stolen? Or did she just write more songs?

12. pghmusiclover

Here's the Amazon artwork:

[​IMG]

13. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

This isn't just being released on vinyl, is it?

14. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

rob68, Man at C&A and D-rock like this.
  15. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    There’s also the white exclusive
    [​IMG]

16. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

17. The CD?

18. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I've just ordered the green vinyl indie stores exclusive, as it is in the UK, but I'm pretty sure that before the week of release there will be signed ones and I'll be buying it again.

19. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

This first track is a great song, IMO. I'd want her to keep doing Lana Del Rey music which is exactly what she is doing.

johnwilliamhunte, D-rock and pinkrudy like this.
  20. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

Loving the album covers. The artwork is great. I'm ready for a new Lana era to start!

21. in_the_fog

in_the_fog Forum Resident

The tune is nice.

johnwilliamhunte likes this.
  22. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

shes repeating herself now is what i feel. ill probably be passing.

dwilpower likes this.
  23. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I am curious: what do you mean?

I think it's more like this is her style and what she does best. Not every artist has to reinvent the wheel every other album. :)

24. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Lana indeed doesn't have to reinvent the wheel. She has her niche and it is a niche that has me wanting more.

25. rubberhead

rubberhead Erotic Thriller