LaLa (www.lala.com)

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by ckacosta, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckacosta

ckacosta Forum Resident Thread Starter

A great site for trading CD's, but also a great store for buying new CD's. Here is a purchase I recently made. I've been a member since 03/06, but this is my first purchase from the store.

These are all brand new and sealed:

Crisis! What Crisis? -- Supertramp -- $6.93
    Fish Out Of Water -- Chris Squire -- $7.09
    Hergest Ridge -- Mike Oldfield -- $8.29
    Voyage Of The Acolyte -- Steve Hackett -- $8.77
    Blackfield II -- Blackfield -- $9.89
    Pros & Cons Of Hitch Hiking -- Roger Waters -- $6.39 - (Made in Japan)
    Olias Of Sunhillow -- Jon Anderson -- $ 7.79
    Elegant Gypsy -- Al DiMeola -- $6.39
    Third -- Soft Machine -- $7.30
    Metanoia -- Porcupine Tree -- $8.39

I have tons more on my Want List, some are available to buy and some are not. The prices are awesome. Check it out.

Just FYI. In case you are looking for a source of new CD's.

-

2. pentrant

pentrant Forum Resident

As you may know, lala has disallowed trading for new members (though they still allow buying). They've promised that they'll eventually allow new members to trade, but for now the trading pool is slowly diminishing due to the lack of fresh blood.

But yes, buying from their store is pretty awesome. :)

3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Do you have a link? I used the name and .com and got online music (mp3) service.

Does LaLa have an online site? I don't need another lossy download site.

4. pentrant

pentrant Forum Resident

You got the right site - they've completely shifted their focus to some sort of "MP3 locker" site. However, if you sign up for an account, you can purchase from their store. Also, if you're interested in trading, PM me and I'll get one of their employees to set you up for it (the trading site exists "behind the scenes" so to speak - you have to be enabled to see it).

5. akmonday

akmonday Forum Resident

why have they changed focus? that was the entire point of that company; did they start to get pressure from the record industry or something? LaLa had an arrangement with the USPS and everything

6. ckacosta

ckacosta Forum Resident Thread Starter

I didn't realize they had shifted their business model that drastically. They have been an awesone site. I have over 400 trades in the past year and a half. I do not rip->trade. I only get CD's I want to keep and I get rid of all the crap and comps that I have collected over the years.
    If they do eventually drift away from trading, that will be unfortunate, but I have had a fantastic run with them. Their store is still great.

-

7. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

I enjoy the site too. I don't use the mp3 service at all and I've only bought one CD-set from them. But the trading was great for a while there. As pentrant mentioned, trading has slowed down pretty dramatically, at least for me, and keeping new members out of the pool certainly doesn't help. I think it's possible for new members to get trading access if somebody talks to a "209er" about it. Also note that the store is powered by Newbury Comics and I'm pretty sure you can get the exact same deals by going to Newburycomics.com.

8. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

what I dont like about lala is when I get a trade request if I am not online right then, I miss the chance to complete the trade as they pass it on to someone who can reply first. I have missed many times by only a half hour. very frystrating and never happened in the beginning.

I used barterbee.com more. very user friendly. plus you know if your getting artwork or not and what shape the cd is in. I had much better luck there. but it seems now there is less of a good selection there than it use to be. still a good site though and still get good discs. infact I got half my targets from that site. as well as many import japan cd's.

just wish I was online 24/7 like some other members so I could complete a trade. seems unfair they dont give a member enough time to respond. not everyone is online 24/7 and checking their email every min.

9. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

go figure, I go to lala and there is a request from 9/18. first time I havent got an email on it. good thing the person still wants it.

verizon is bad. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.