Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Eric Morecambe to Andre Previn...."I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!" :D

croquetlawns, jɑmbo, scobb and 2 others like this.
  2. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

Yeah, that me laugh.

ispace and imarcq like this.
  3. imarcq

Easy-E and Sigma6 like this.
  4. Big Swifty

This is down to $34.

I have this. An excellent purchase for Can fans. I believe it's better than Stuttgart, which is also excellent.

imarcq likes this.
  5. Big Swifty

I got a reply from vinyl.com.au regarding my 3LP Chicago live set for $15 or whatever it was:

Unfortunately it looks like we sold out of this album a couple of minutes before your order came through.
    The sale was a mess with our system not working correctly and customers bought up big within the first 20 minutes.
    Some of these customers are what we call resellers and buy multiple copies of single albums leaving nothing for everyone else.
    Heaps of albums were purchased and shipped before I was updated that our system had failed and the one per customer rule was not working.
    The system also could not update the out of stock listings in time due to how quickly things sold out.
    I have been trying to get more stock of some of the album, but its not looking great.
    I should have an update on Monday as to if I can get any more stock or not to cover your order and
    others that missed out.
    So sorry about this, I can arrange a full refund or credit to your account. I can add a little extra
    to a credit if you would like this option given you have missed out here.
    We are working with the actual system managers now to work out a process so this kind
    of thing does not happen again.
    Please let me know what you would like to do and sorry again for the inconvenience.
    Cheers

Damo

6. Philip Matthews

Philip Matthews Well-Known Member

Sounds like B****t to me, Maybe a bit like like click bait to get you in and entice you to create an account.
    I guess I can say goodbye to the Chicago LP and look forward to a refund.
    I did get the Ryan Adams LP though.
    Thank you for posting your response, as I didn't receive one.

7. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

Yeah….it’s always disappointing when you think ur getting a bargain & it turns out there is no stock. Bummer.

Aussie pressing and imarcq like this.
  8. Big Swifty

I think if you're going to blow out triple albums for 15 bucks then you really need to ensure you have the systems to deal with the ensuing chaos.

9. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

I'm a bit more sympathetic about vinyl.com.au 's reply, at least it wasn't an automatic robotic reply that you often get these days. Clearly their system wasn't up to the demand for the record and they apologized for it, I assume they are not a big-league internet seller.

Sadly, it would also seem that resellers buying up big make it difficult for rank-and-file punters like ourselves.
    I have to admit a conflict of interest here - not receiving a three LP set of Chicago would be a great Christmas present :magoo:

imarcq likes this.
  10. imarcq

I wrote three times to them. No response at all. My first two emails were very polite ones, but the last one, directly asking for a simple update or I'd have to do a VISA chargeback on them. It's been almost a month now. Maybe I'll hear something early next week, otherwise I'll be asking my bank to do the business as there is no real excuse not to answer me at all. It's not much money but it's simple politeness and good business to answer your customers in a timely and professional manner.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  11. westcj

[​IMG]

First time Australia Amazon have done this on one of my orders, record sent with address sticker stuck on the shrink wrap, no packaging. Surprisingly, the record seems to have survived, but still P*** Poor.

Also the first time I have an Amazon order delivered by Toll - wonder if there is a connection?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  12. Big Swifty

Curtis Mayfield

Super Fly OST (2LP)

$66

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B0B5S27YSL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ANEGB3WVEVKZB&psc=1

Mastered by Kevin Gray from the original analogue tape.

"Original album lacquers cut directly from the master analog tape source for the best possible sonic experience
    Features deluxe tip-on style packaging, never-before-seen photos, new liner notes, a fold out movie poster.
    Individually foil-stamped numbered. Includes a four page booklet, poster & turntable mat."

Discogs: Curtis Mayfield - Super Fly (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Temporarily out of stock

Sigma6 and Eskimo Chain like this.
  13. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

I always wonder if it’s someone who has quit that does this kind of dodgy business. Because what sane human would think that’s ok!

ispace likes this.
  14. ism

ism Forum Resident

Wow.... To be honest, i feel like if I order from Amazon UK, it's a 50/50 chance it'll come like this. What idiocy! I hope they don't start sending stuff like that here too.

15. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

Eric Clapton

Eric Clapton super deluxe 4x CD box set (warning: contains the album three times in three different mixes plus)
    AU$47.28
    https://amzn.asia/d/e5bN2Dq

croquetlawns likes this.
  16. imarcq

I finally got a reply... almost identical to yours but minus the freebie offer. But I'd asked for a refund which has now been made. So lessons learned, if it seems too good to be true it probably is!!! ;)

Big Swifty and westcj like this.
  17. Philip Matthews

Philip Matthews Well-Known Member

I received a reply this morning almost identical, I too have opted for a refund.

imarcq and westcj like this.
  18. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Back from the dead. What's the best thing I've missed since the 27th?

westcj, imarcq, Easy-E and 1 other person like this.
  19. Big Swifty

Nice to see you back. Your absence was noted :).

In summary:

The Black Friday deals were pretty good. Some interesting stuff on good discount.

Rarewaves UK had a good sale.

vinyl.com.au need a new stock management system.

westcj has been discovering some interesting record shops.

The best current deal is the Tom Petty 'Wildflowers' Super Deluxe 7LP for about $130.

Amazon Canada had the MJ 'Thriller' One Step out for 33 USD.

Pretty quiet the last few weeks. Hoping for some good Boxing Day sales stuff.

That should bring you up to speed.

westcj, Bonddm, ispace and 1 other person like this.
  20. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Thanks. I'll scroll back anyway. BTW That Rumer live coloured vinyl is really worth picking up.

westcj and imarcq like this.
  21. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

imarcq and westcj like this.
  22. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

I fully sympathize. It's happened to me several times now. I always provide feedback in the form of an email and cc [email protected].
    I tell them that I can't even return it, as there is no shipping box to send it in.

westcj and ispace like this.
  23. westcj

Easy-E and imarcq like this.
  24. imarcq

Yikes and Sympathy :( I've been bitten like this a few times from both Amazon UK (delivering in UK) and Amazon AU here. There doesn't seem to be any real pattern other than bad luck and a low paid disinterested couldn't care less idiot on the overnight packing shift!

Bulsara likes this.
  25. Big Swifty

Bonddm likes this.