uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Miller was arguably the worst lyricist in the history of rock, but he made some catchy songs.

I'm not a real fan, but I can dig a Miller best of!

2. vetterestorer

vetterestorer Lost in the Ozone

3. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

masterbucket likes this.
  4. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Miles thought he sucked

jhm likes this.
  5. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

an update, after many back and forth emails for nearly 3 weeks they finally adjusted my points to the correct amount.

and a question for everyone, can i use my points to apply to items that are marked “not eligible for discount/sitewide sales”? id love to use my $30 to apply to upcoming tone poet releases when they go up

hutlock likes this.
  6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Congrats!

And yes, you should be able to use points for any of the “not eligible for discount/sitewide sales” items across the board. I used points on the Revolver vinyl box before it was allowed in the sales, no problem, and have used them on many Tone Poets in the past.

Of course we ARE talking about UDiscover… they do seem to love changing the rules randomly for no good reason!

Swordsandchains likes this.
  7. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

uDiscover means "you discover after the fact that our customer service sucks".

throwupmyhands and mrjinks like this.
  8. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

So I searched the web to find out what you're talking about. The story is that Miles opened for Neil Young and Steve Miller at the Filmore East in 1970, but Miles was being a d*ck, as usual, and purposefully showed up late so he wouldn't have to open for "that sorry-ass cat" (Miller), forcing the Steve Miller Band to perform before Miles' band.

Love Miles, but you got to take the good with bad with him.

9. aoxomoxoa

I ordered all four of the Steve Miller albums. I've owned all of these at one time or another.
    Never listened to them much, probably won't now but at $8 each, how can I go wrong?

Also: number 5 is actually a borderline great album...

shnaggletooth, caravan70 and Ray29 like this.
  10. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

He probably didn't like his band having to open for a white band.

11. aoxomoxoa

I doubt it was that.
    Early era Steve Miller wasn't that great, so his comments were probably warranted at the time.

Steve peaked in the late seventies and never came back.

jhm likes this.
  12. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

That was the good. I believe the line was ‘non-playing m-fer.’ He hit the nail on the head.

jhm likes this.
  13. Oatsdad

I have no love for Steve Miller, but I wouldn't care what Miles Davis thought of him.

Honestly, I rarely give 2 hoots what any of my favorite artists think of other artists. Too many of my faves have endorsed/loved some artists I thought were awful.

Gah, Bowie backed some real dogs over the years! :help:

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  14. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Miles's band at the time included Dave Holland, who's white, and he didn't have any negative words for Neil Young or The Grateful Dead, with whom he shared bills in those days, in his autobiography. His entire complaint about Steve Miller was, as said above, that he was a "non-playing m-fer."

jhm, caravan70, GentleSenator and 2 others like this.
  15. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

I even remember that from his autobio. that whole thing was a pretty good read.

16. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Yeah, that's what this whole conversation stems from, that passage in Miles's autobiography.

caravan70 likes this.
  17. caravan70

caravan70 Forum Resident

Just personal preference, obviously, but I much prefer the first three SMB albums over the formulaic pop (as well-made as it was) he produced later.

18. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Coltrane811 likes this.
  19. Oatsdad

20. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Self-fulfilling prophecy, really.

21. aoxomoxoa

I missed out on sell out :mad:

22. Fred Dender

Fred Dender Forum Resident

Circles! (Instant Party).

ATMP likes this.
  23. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

You can still get Sell Out on Sound of Vinyl for $10. They charge shipping though, which for me would have brought the total closer to $18 total.

SRC and J Luc like this.
  24. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Try to use a “free shipping” code on SoundOfVinyl. Chances are you have one in your “gift box” if you shopped there much at all. Worked for me last week.

Fred Dender, Coltrane811, SRC and 2 others like this.
  25. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

Thank you both! I had Sell Out in my cart at UDiscover, when it suddenly updated while in cart that it was sold out. Snagged one at Sound of Vinyl thanks to you folks after I checked this thread right after, and found a 20% coupon code to boot (SOV20OFF); with tax/shipping it came to $15.42! Didn't have any free shipping, but I'm glad it worked out. I'll be very happy to retire my current copy of this LP. Its outer jacket is torn to shreds, and the U.S. Decca pressing inside it is old and worn; sounds quite muddy.