Latest Target In-Store Vinyl Markdowns

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by The Q2 Continuum, Dec 31, 2022.

1. The Q2 Continuum

The Q2 Continuum Forum Resident Thread Starter

Since Tuesday/Wednesday, Target stores have been marking down selected vinyl titles in-store as much as 50% off or more. Besides the few titles posted here a few weeks ago, I have seen additional hits collections (3rd Eye Blind, Cat Stevens red vinyl, The Offspring) discounted and even the Beatles Let It Be with exclusive T-shirt box at half price - $18.99. The 2-LP Sam Cooke collection was $10.49. Many are stickered with the clearance price but not all. Since I have quietly in the background appreciated all the leads people post here for discounts and bargains, thought I’d pass on my find. I have not seen it promoted anywhere.

2. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

I stopped at one the other night and noticed that Norah Jones - Come Away With Me and Beatles - 1 were also in the mix. Both about half off.

3. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Went to 2 in the Dallas area, none were marked down. Not to be dissuaded, I'll be returning Monday (used the Target app scanner)

hi_watt likes this.
  4. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

I saw some of the same titles the OP listed at my Target. A few of them were in the regular LP section, but most were moved to an endcap along with a bunch of clearance Funko figures, back near the books. So if you don't find any at your store, be sure to check the end caps.

I ended up buying the 2LP blue Sam Cooke for $10.49, and there were lots of copies.

5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I got the White Stripes GH vinyl (with slipmat) for $8.99 the other day. Not marked at all.

CD Addict and supermd like this.
  6. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

last time i used the Target app to scan, they all showed up as regular price. But when i did the instore price scanner, they came up with the discounted price.

hutlock likes this.
  7. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Thnx for the heads up. I asked a clerk to come over and he scanned quite a few (to double check) and they came up at list. Next time tho, Ima take a handful in a cart over to the store scanner and do as you suggest

Swordsandchains likes this.
  8. WSOXFan

WSOXFan Forum Resident

Went to a couple of stores today and found several at one store marked clearance on an end cap in a big mess with yellow stickers and at the other store same titles no yellow sticker and scanned full price. Was able to grab Arcade Fire “We” for $9.59 and Jack White “Entering Heaven Alive” for $6.59.

shnaggletooth likes this.
  9. peeklay

peeklay Forum Resident

This probably deserves another thread but Best Buy has markdowns. No stickers, no mention of it. You have to take the records up to front and scan.

I picked up:
    Muse Xx (2lp)
    Essential Bob Dylan (2lp)
    Roger Waters - is this the life (2lp)
    Corey Taylor CMFT

All for $49.

I tried In Utero, CCR Royal Albert Hall, Black Label Society Doom Crew and Petty Fillmore and those were all full price so ymmv on titles.

My Target's had all of the titles others got on clearance but were not marked down. I am hoping to snag Animals for $25 like I saw some folks do on reddit

10. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Best Buy sells records?! Last time at my local store I looked everywhere and couldn't find any at all.

black sheriff and hutlock like this.
  11. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Yes, they do. Not a lot of them, just a small amount.

JasonA likes this.
  12. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Picked up The Beatles' double-LP "1" (with the new remixes) for $22.49 today at Target, along with the 2-LP, blue-vinyl Sam Cooke collection for $10.49.
    Great bargains!

[​IMG]

Tjazz, shnaggletooth and hutlock like this.
  13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I need to go dig around for that Sam Cooke at my local. I have the hybrid SACD version and it’s a great collection.

Clark V Kauffman likes this.
  14. Clark V Kauffman

I wish Sam's "Keep Movin' On" collection was available on vinyl at this price. I love that SACD.

hutlock likes this.
  15. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

Checked my two locals, nothing much there. One was really cleaned out, so they must have had the good stuff. Waited too long, I guess.

hi_watt likes this.
  16. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Oh man! I’ll have to look for Sam Cooke I have been wanting that one for a while. Hopefully th sale is still going on tomorrow and hope I can find it.

17. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I've been looking for it, went to three local (N. Dallas) Targets, none had it.

jim249 likes this.
  18. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

I just looked up Sam Cooke at Target online to see if my store has it. Notation saying not sold in stores.

19. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Yeah I looked too but if you keep scrolling down the same thing shows up again on the website as in stores. I’ll try to go tomorrow and look for it and hope it’s the discounted price. I’ve been wanting that doubt LP for a while.

20. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch the Face of God -

I miss the good ole days.. When they say its a sale, its a SALE!

21. Clark V Kauffman

One of my local Target stores had no Sam Cooke. But a different Target a few miles away had FOUR copies. One of the other posters here said his Target had at least a few copies, so it might pay to check more than just one store.

22. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

The Beatles 1 was $19.99 and Sam Cooke was $10.49. The Let It Be box with t-shirt was $18.99.
    The Animals was something like $22.99 but originally had a price of close to $49.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  23. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

I just went back and bought a couple of extra Sam Cooke records. PM me if you need one

03tr and Davidmk5 like this.
  24. karloffsidekick

karloffsidekick Forum Resident

Just returned from my local target. Grabbed five Abbey Roads (7.79 ea) and three White Stripes Hits (8.99 ea). Also, in the endcap clearance area they had 87 copies of Bennett / Gaga (I was bored so I counted)!

25. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

Neither Target I visited near me has any of these marked down. Jack White "Entering Heaven Alive" was $6.59 but I think that one has been marked down for a while.

Edited to add I checked RHCP, Animals and CCR. Didn't see any of the others that were mentioned.