What equipment might you buy or sell in 2023?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Mike-48, Dec 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Seriously considering a new power source and a Technics turntable. Probably the MK7. As far as amplification, not sure, but probably solid state power amplifier and tube preamplifier kind of thing.

Mike-48 likes this.
  2. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

which one?

Tawaun A Williams likes this.
  3. Tawaun A Williams

Tawaun A Williams Forum Resident

06-11 i havent decided whether i want the coupe or sedan or not....the 09 has the better front bumper which looks worlds better....

4. Classic Car Guy

Either one is great. Id take that rather than trading a sports car for a van in the road for a family.. a bun in the oven.. :-plnktn-:

5. Tawaun A Williams

I wanna check and see if someone makes some lower seat rails...as much as i like the seats you sit a bit to high for me...of course the after market is downright rediculous for them....its a good compromise for me....i need to be able to spend money on audio to...i almost went down the NC Miata path...

Classic Car Guy likes this.
  6. Classic Car Guy

Oh man.. if you get lets say the 1st and 2nd gen recaro's you might not even have to drop your seat tracks. I was very surprised when I installed that in my 69 K. Ghia. I did all the work myself besides buy the seats itself. Then I used an 80's 200sx right had drive tracks and works perfect. I look like 4'-11" with only the eyes popping out of the windshield.

7. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

I've got a Pay Pal invoice sitting in my mailbox for a custom set of speaker cables designed to fit my room. They're from a craftsman in Canada whose web site I found online and we've spent the last several days hashing out the details. Say's I should have them by the end of the month. I'll post a photo. Not sure what will come of the old ones, served me faithfully for the last fourteen years.

8. Tawaun A Williams

Lmao

Classic Car Guy likes this.
  9. Tawaun A Williams

Cables are fun....no matter what the flat earthers think...you will definitely find out whether you like them or not...just make sure you burn them in good...

Morbius and Mike-48 like this.
  10. Classic Car Guy

Just bought an octet of these while I can still reach it.... Now I need a tube tester.

[​IMG]

Tawaun A Williams and Mike-48 like this.
  11. Tawaun A Williams

What are those?

12. Classic Car Guy

6C33C-B output tubes
    Looks like a sour fruit...:yikes:

13. Tawaun A Williams

I think after i finish this system....i think i want the Prima-Luna Evo 400 preamp and monos....i hope i can wait it out without getting in debt...i miss tubes, this might be my last Solid State dance right here...

Classic Car Guy and Mike-48 like this.
  14. Classic Car Guy

They are wonder amps. I'm not sure if you can interchange the output tubes on the mono's like in the integrated amps..

[​IMG]

Mike-48 and Tawaun A Williams like this.
  15. Tawaun A Williams

I think ole hippie dude on Youtube said you can....but did you see that on the monos 70 watts with them in triode mode with el34s...got me over here all in love and sh$t... Lmao

mreeter and Mike-48 like this.
  16. Classic Car Guy

I chose the EL34 in my former tube amps.

17. Tawaun A Williams

i was el84 my last tube amp...and kt88s before that, still havent found a el34 yet that i've liked in the bass such a sweet sound tho thru the midrange and lower treble...but i guess as far as bass that all the depends on the topalogy and circut design...

Mike-48 and Classic Car Guy like this.
  18. Classic Car Guy

I know what you're talking about. On those tubes class, the creaminess and magic midrange bass goes to the EL84 first, then EL34 - KT-120 and last is KT-88 to 150

19. Tawaun A Williams

The el84 has good bass tho....even in single ended form...damn the kt120 is that good in the midrange? And Prima-Luna loves Loves LOVES the el34s so maybe all the attributes is there to be had with the right design...

20. Spin 12

Spin 12 Well-Known Member

Seeing random praise for the Kyocera A-910 Integrated often reminds me of the need to sell mine.

As an avid collector of restored SS integrated amplifiers, I thought it would be nice to have Junji Kimura‘s corporate bookends prior to him starting 47 Labs - the Pioneer SA 900 & Kyocera A-910. Talk about (r)evolution!

I always liked Kyocera as an R-861 receiver based system made me appreciate what a Klipsch Cornwall could do & the A-710 integrated was a favorite of mine back in the day, but I digress. My Pioneer SA900 smokes the bookend pairing (both pieces restored by Many Moons Audio) and it’s just a matter of time before the Kyocera’s proprietary Fine Ceramic Linear (FCL) Modules used in the phono stage will fail from corrosive glue potting.

Maybe this year . . .

timind, Mike-48 and Tawaun A Williams like this.
  21. Classic Car Guy

kt-120 is combination of power and musical tube. Its got an excellent midrange. But the tubes are expensive especially in equivalent of an octet

22. Tawaun A Williams

Imagine running them in triode with Evo 400 monos....if they are 70 with the el34s they are probably close to 100 with the kt120s...sheesh that has to be a mind bending sound....

23. Tawaun A Williams

The Cornwall is always a good place to be for sure...

Mike-48 and Spin 12 like this.
  24. Classic Car Guy

Sounds like you have a large playback room and air controlled so that's a good thing for you. More power in tube also means a lot.
    Glad I just finished my job. I thought Id be here till 12:30 am...

Tawaun A Williams and Mike-48 like this.
  25. Mike-48

Mike-48 A shadow of my former self Thread Starter

I'd expect so. My buddy brought over his AHB2, and it didn't break a sweat driving the Janszens (87 dB). If not, you can always get a second one, no?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.