Covert Vinyl - what happened?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Mok, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Mok

Mok Has Potential Thread Starter

I shopped this site/store a bunch in the past few years, and have orders open with them for items waiting to be fulfilled, but they seem to be defunct and now refuse to answer my emails or return my money for the preordered items. Does anyone have any information about this shop? While in business, they seemed to be very responsive and always were attentive and came through for me on a bunch of titles. But in the past year or so, while I've been waiting on some items to come in from them, I got nothing. Well actually, I had an order in for Lee Morgan's Cornbread (Tone Poet), and they shipped me a Blue Note 75th of it instead. They were very gracious in crediting me for that and not asking for the record back, but since then, I get nothing from them, and have a little over $200 of orders in that's money I'm out and no records to show for it. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do about it - my assumption is that because enough time has gone by, I really have no recourse in getting my money returned for these orders. I should have known better but at the time of my orders, this company was rocking. Any advice or information about this would be welcome.

2. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

Judging by online reviews, it seems like you're not the only one in this boat. I'd initiate a chargeback from your credit/bank card.

3. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah call your card provider now. Might be too late as credit cards usually have a time limit as to when you can file a claim, but they might still be able to do something for you.

4. Mok

Mok Has Potential Thread Starter

Sadly, I did not realize on this order that it was PayPal, and that gets deducted at the time of sale. I will inquire with PayPal on the matter to see if they have anything to say and update here. Just bummed - I keep sending emails to them just asking them to fill the orders or refund me, and nothing.

5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Well that could be very good news and not sad news. PayPal gives buyers 180 days to file a claim. If you paid for these items under that time, you should be able to get your money back fairly easily from PayPal.

6. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I ordered something (the first and only thing) from them in early Feb 2022. No update after over a week, so I inquired. They responded and said things were delayed due to slow recovery from a surgery and that it would ship soon - I got a tracking # the next day. But the tracking # never showed as anything beyond a printed label for weeks and there were no answers to my asking if it was ever actually shipped.

Over a month later, I got tired of waiting and non-responses and filed a PayPal case. Only after that did I get a reply that it should arrive soon and I did receive it a couple days later. But all in all, it was probably 6-7 weeks after I placed my order. Unsure if filing the case jarred things loose or if it would have arrived when it did regardless, but it wasn’t worth the aggravation and I told myself I’d never order from them again.

7. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

You'll see more Covert type implodes in 2023.

8. Bvinyl

Bvinyl Well-Known Member

I hope you are wrong but I'm afraid you are not....

9. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

They are located in Philadelphia PA. Maybe try and call the PD and see if they will look into it. Not much elese you can do about it. Looks like many more people are left out in the cold also.

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

With PayPal you have half a year to file a dispute. If it's after that, then you're probably out of luck.