Have some (re)discovered Klipsch Heritage for serious 2 channel??

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TheVinylAddict, Jan 16, 2023.

1. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found Thread Starter

Inspired in part by this thread :)

Klipsch Speakers for Serious 2-Channel ?

I've been surprised recently by the number of folks who've discovered, maybe rediscovered, Klipsch Heritage for their 2 channel systems.

One recent one comes to mind, forum member Bananas&Blow, who during his speaker journey when he went to Forte IV, I thought "nah, he's not going to end up there". Later, when he compared it to the vaunted SHL5+, I again thought 'Nah... not this time". He might change his mind again, but I was surprised.

And my journey, 16 months ago when I installed the Cornwall's, I knew I'd like them, but was skeptical they'd carve out a spot long term. But every time I think about upgrading, I realize how versatile they are, and the number of things they do well. Getting a "step up" is always possible of course, but with the Cornwall's, I'm finding that step to mean serious $$ for my tastes and findings.

Anyway, have you (re)discovered that Klipsch *can* be a part of a serious 2 channel system?

2. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

I guess I never “undiscovered” it.

3. Oddiofyl

Oddiofyl Forum Resident

I “rediscovered “ Klipsch when I set up a pair of $50 KG 1.5 temporarily in my system. We were having a graduation party and I didn’t want my main speakers out. Damn they sounded good with nice components…. 40 watts of tube goodness sounds great through them

A short time later I picked up Heresy III for a good price. They sounded great , I enjoyed them for three years and traded them toward Forte IV

That set off a major upgrade of Amp , DAC , Streamer , and soon a new preamp that I’m having built

I owned several Klipsch on the past, KG 4, CF 4 so I have always liked the big live sound they project

The Heritage play nice with great electronics, they respond in a big way to system changes . Each component in my upgrade path was revealed and I believe fully realized with them .

4. tyler8

tyler8 Forum Resident

I rediscovered Klipsch about fifteen years ago after first hearing Cornwall's in 1976. I have owned and liked a lot of speakers in between but currently have Cornwalls in my office and SHL5+ downstairs. I enjoy both equally. Through absolutely no fault of the latter the next time I am looking to scratch that itch for something else it will be the Harbeth's that fuel the search.

Glmoneydawg and TheVinylAddict like this.
  5. TheVinylAddict

I'll pencil you in as a "yes" then.

What speakers are you running? :winkgrin::biglaugh:

You had a hand in me thinking about Khorns. And all my reading on them made me realize in your size room, as long as your goal is not to listen at ear bleeding levels, your on-axis positioning is right in the sweet spot.

And why I'm not surprised at your satisfaction with them...

Glmoneydawg, timind and Khorn like this.
  6. TheVinylAddict

Good post.

As some here might recall, the Harbeth 40.2 or 3 is a speaker that I could be tempted by moving forward... as stated the "step up" for me would be pricey though, and those are! I do notice a fair amount of them rolling through TMR used at good prices though.

Glmoneydawg likes this.
  7. tyler8

tyler8 Forum Resident

Those were on my mind while writing that but I just might have to wait for someone to ding them up enough to purchase.

Glmoneydawg and TheVinylAddict like this.
  8. Chris81

Chris81 Teckel fool

JackG and OhHiMahk like this.
  9. TheVinylAddict

I guess if we asked that question about near any topic, we could just shut down the board!

Seriously, I thought it could be revisited from a different, if not more positive, angle. Plus this one is focused on Heritage. :) Nothing more.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    mike catucci and Glmoneydawg like this.
  10. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

This one is about "RE"-discovering. Rediscovering is discovering again after an absence of some time.
    I bet these speakers are the perfect choice for this topic.

11. Chris81

Chris81 Teckel fool

Yeah, I know but still I don't see the point for another thread. But it seems to be it's just me.

timind likes this.
  12. TheVinylAddict

I'll chalk it up as you don't like the thread idea, loud and clear... I can live with that. Thanks for the feedback!

13. Daring

Daring My quest to marry Stevie Nicks has failed

Right now I am using Klipsch RP600M and 2 12" powered subs and have a mint set of Forte 1s in storage...oh and a tasty pair of JBL Studio 590s to boot. When the smoke clears I will be courting a McIntosh MA352 with walnut La Scalas. I love horns.

14. TheVinylAddict

Wow, so you did decide to make the leap.... congrats man!

Glmoneydawg and Daring like this.
  15. Daring

Daring My quest to marry Stevie Nicks has failed

It will be a while but yes that's my end game system.

16. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

looking forward to some thoughts on the Heritage line-
    Comparisons between Forte I, II , III and IV? Are the I and II worth trying? Are upgrades available for the older ones?

17. AudioOut58

AudioOut58 Forum Resident

I have Heresy IV's and love them! I wish I had room for Cornwalls, both in my apartment and my bank account.

jonwoody, ronm, Harris11235 and 2 others like this.
  18. Dewey M

Dewey M Forum Resident

Replaced Infinity Qe’s in our dinning room/home office with Klipsch Forte II’s with Crites cross overs and tweeters a few weeks ago. Wanted more bass and better sound when listening from adjacent rooms. And I was just curious to hear some horn speakers after reading this: Corner Club Cathedral Cocoon, by Sasha Frere-Jones .

The Fortes have been working out great so far. Really enjoying them.

19. tyler8

tyler8 Forum Resident

Well curiosity got the better of me and I looked. 50% off used with a few nicks. A stable situation just became unstable.

TheVinylAddict likes this.
  20. cporcp

cporcp Forum Resident

Went from high powered Rotel separates and Maggie’s to Cornwall III’s and a Cary SLI 80.

That was maybe seven years ago. The only thing I itch for now is a pair of Klipschorns.

TheVinylAddict likes this.
  21. TheVinylAddict

I'm more a fan of cherry though, and yes, the price is good enough where I also think "OK, what's wrong..." :)

They've sold a few of them though that I've seen, have a few in stock both new and used... so they're probably fine for anyone that wants the lighter wood.

Not that I'm trying to enable you in any way...

tyler8 likes this.
  22. Harris11235

Harris11235 Forum Resident

That was a great read, thanks for sharing.

23. Slimwhit33

Slimwhit33 Forum Resident

I went from Heresy III's to Forte III's to Spendor SP 3/1's to Fyne F500SP's.... the Forte's were too big for my 10'x10' room.. loved the Spendor sound as different as it was, liked the looks of the Fynes more than the sound with my equipment, and I missed the Klipsch sound. Just took delivery of a pair of Heresy IV's and they are blowing me away. I've also jumped back into the tube game with a Decware Torii Jr and a Rogue RP-1.. so a lot of new stuff going on. In my space, these Heresy IV's are perfection. And some may not think/believe it, but these IV series Heritage speakers are audiophile friendly. The Forte IV's that I've heard in bigger spaces are just awesome.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  24. Frank Bisby

Frank Bisby Forum Resident

Apparently many people have, used prices have doubled in the past few years. Heresy II were $500 at most forever. They seem to be selling for $1,000 consistently. I think the popularity of vinyl and low powered/vintage amps has revived the heritage line to a large extent.

jonwoody, tyler8, AndyCC72 and 2 others like this.
  25. Smitty8451

Smitty8451 Forum Resident

I started out with some Bose 10.1 speakers I purchased back in ‘95 when I was stationed at March AFB, fast forward to 2009 and the Bose blew, went down to a local hi-fi shop in Roseburg (funny, I actually work there now) and was able to get a demo set of RF-63’s. All was good until about 8 years ago and a friend in Eugene who also owned a hi-fi store called me and said he had a trade in I’ve got to see. He had a client wanting to trade in some La Scala II as he was downsizing, one listen and I was hooked, long story short I now have La Scala AL5’s for my L/C/R setup and Fortee IV’s for my surrounds. I can honestly say my end game has been achieved. Khorns and Jubs are just too big for my room. 90% of the time it’s just 2 channel and the La Scala’s really shine being driven by good tube amps, and I’ve gotten back into vinyl to boot.

SCM and tyler8 like this.