The Monkees complete TV show on Blu-ray box set.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pizza, Sep 8, 2015.

1. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

Maybe they can claim that the front pic fell off due to shipping abuses, but the damage to the inner tray? No way.
    Mine arrived with all 4 corners totally ripped along with damage to the back page of the book. This happened during packaging, not shipment. Someone was aware that this was happening, and just chose to ignore and see what happens.
    Guess that hasn't worked out so well.

longdist01 and audiomixer like this.
  2. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Absolutely!
    Have I mentioned that it's $200!!! :agree:

supermd and seacliffe301 like this.
  3. audiomixer

Bad analogy.

chilinvilin likes this.
  4. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Please message me with your PayPal or Venmo information for your FULL refund.

brucewayneofgotham likes this.
  5. audiomixer

Just curious...did you happen to purchase one of these sets?
    If not, then I advise you to "shut up"* :) ..(from your own post.)*

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    seacliffe301 likes this.
  6. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

:biglaugh:
    Hey, at least it’s NOT a Beach Boys thread!!!:yikes::biglaugh::biglaugh::-popcorn:
    Beave

Chip TRG, D-rock and longdist01 like this.
  7. audiomixer

You would have been "bitching" too if your set(s) were defective. :D

8. Crack To The Egg

Crack To The Egg Forum Resident

The Monkees podcast Zilch has a Facebook group that had to shut down discussion of the box damage 6-7 years ago because it got out of hand and overshadowed the content. It also got really nasty with name calling and such. It’s a third rail in the community.

I’m planning on watching these soon, so I’ll post my thoughts in this thread. Excited for the alternative soundtracks.

9. The Beave

Woah, I’m just trying to bring a little humor to a bad situation. I said it before I feel for all of you going through this.
    And by the way, my inside flaps are torn, but for me it’s the discs that matter most, when it comes down to it, the box is just a poor design on the inside, but closed it looks fine so I just take it as it is.
    With all the quality issues with so many box sets over the last 10 or so years, my expectations are low when I do buy something.
    Ok, carry on………

One other thing we need to keep an eye out for is Rhino blowing the defective ones out via a company like Deep Discount.
    That’s how I got the Beatles in mono cd box for like $56 I think, it was either DD or ImportCD, one of this companies. And no, the Beatles box is Not a Chinese counterfeit, it’s legit……
    Beaver

10. audiomixer

I might have missed it, but had you mentioned your inside flaps torn in another post?

11. Or a McCartney thread! LOL.

longdist01 and The Beave like this.
  12. audiomixer

OK. I feel better now. Not quite so perfect then. ;)
    All is forgiven. :hugs:

The Beave likes this.
  13. The Beave

No biggie. I can’t remember if I mentioned it or not, but again, it was no big deal for me, the discs are perfect with nothing missing or duplicated so I’m just happy I was able to score a box after missing the first round.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming!
    Beave

14. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

Heh...I'm thinking I could make up a bunch of my DIY insert replacements and sell them on etsy. :laugh:

audiomixer likes this.
  15. The Beave

That’s actually a great idea!
    And audiomixer we’re practically neighbors! Cold and 33 up here, maybe some snow, just crazy weather…….
    Beave

16. audiomixer

It's snowing here in Eastmoreland as I type.

17. The Beave

Crazy weather but good weather for watching the Blu-ray’s or listening to music.
    Just started snowing here, BIG FLAKES!
    Beave

supermd, longdist01 and audiomixer like this.
  18. brucewayneofgotham

brucewayneofgotham Forum Resident

Andrew
    has hinted
    on FB
    that the BR is his least favorite
    Monkees
    project

just because
    people complain
    too much

they should have just done a Manila Envelope
    it would have sold as well
    and there would have been zero shipping issues

cwitt1980, The Beave and longdist01 like this.
  19. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

Is it unreasonable to expect an undamaged package considering the cost? I don't.
    If this was an issue the first time around, maybe some corrections should have been considered.

20. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I'm very grateful Andrew has worked so hard on many facets of The Monkees and various projects even pushing Rhino to release more stuff.

Thank you again Andrew Sandoval for all your efforts!

21. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

I think it’s really just two issues: the inner tray and the lenticular cover piece. I think if they didn’t have the former issue, the latter issue wouldn’t be such a big deal.

But that inner tray design is bad. I mean, bad because it was very easily damaged in shipment, but it’s also horribly un-ergonomic. For me, it literally makes it harder to get at the discs, and I just don’t know what they were thinking. I’ll bet Andrew and some others are cursing that design decision.

My box had a detached cover and a damaged tray, but everything else is great, and I’m not inclined to get too worked up about it. Everything about the content is A+, and it still looks great on the shelf. One of these days I’m going to re-glue the cover, and maybe I’ll replace that inner tray with something I can live with. I don’t want to sound dismissive of others’ complaints because I think some saw more damage than I, but I still think I got my money’s worth. I hope Rhino at least learned some lessons with this one so they do a better job next time. (If there is a next time!)

stinsojd, D-rock, BobT and 3 others like this.
  22. audiomixer

Any ideas on what you plan to use on regluing the cover?

23. Downsampled

Yep, I mentioned this upthread. This glue looks good for the job, but it requires some time to set, so I just need the right setup to glue it and keep it clamped for 24 hours or whatever...

24. The Beave

25. Downsampled

Not sure that would satisfy my OCD tendencies.