Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

jɑmbo, Easy-E, imarcq and 2 others like this.
  2. Big Swifty

westcj, Easy-E, mkhannah and 3 others like this.
  3. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

4. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

I had a reply that they were waiting on suppliers to let them know if any of those will be available.
    A month passed, and I was looking through the site, and noticed that a couple of outstanding records in my order were in stock, available to ship. Much higher prices though.
    I replied to their emails pointing out this fact and asking them to ship the LPs, and refund anything outstanding. They shipped them straight away and refunded straight away as well.
    Overall I think they are pretty good, just that sale was a very disorganized.
    They still have a page on their site where it says Prices start at $5...nothing over $15, but prices in that section are much higher.

imarcq likes this.
  5. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Easy-E and Mylene like this.
  6. imarcq

Yes I eventually got a refund too. I did notice the supposedly out of stock items listed for sale....and as you've said the puzzling $5 section....

I'm also trying to get replies from Rarewaves who split my pre-xmas order into 3 parcels, of which two arrived very quickly but the third (posted first!) is still AWOL. I've written twice now without any response as they still owe me 4 more records. Pretty poor show, although it is cheap and you get what you pay for I guess.

7. imarcq

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    Big Swifty and Mylene like this.
  8. imarcq

9. Big Swifty

Might be time to grab this as it's going for more on discogs:

Queens Of The Stone Age

Songs For The Deaf (2LP)

$66

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07YTDF3XL/

2019 pressing. Bellman cut? Not quite, according to discogs:

"Lacquer was cut by Chris Bellman’s assistant while he was on vacation, per his posting on Steve Hoffman Forum. This is probably why the runouts show “!” instead of CB."

Love this forum.

10. Big Swifty

11. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Well my Rarewaves order didnt arrive and they didnt respond to any of my emails
    So logged a job with Paypal and the refund came the next day
    So I guess Im not getting the Nick Cave CD/DVD's :(

ispace and imarcq like this.
  12. Big Swifty

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they still show up.

Outside of Amazon channels, worldwide shipping is a complete mess at the moment. Just look at Aus Post - it's taking a week or more to ship from Melbourne to Adelaide sometimes. Like the airlines, I don't think shipping has recovered well post-pandemic. They laid off the workers and now are struggling to fill positions.

westcj, ism, Easy-E and 3 others like this.
  13. imarcq

I unfortunately didn't pay via PayPal....and because they spilt the order into three parcels I can't technically do a chargeback. I'm hoping it still shows up.... but seeing as #2 and #3 already arrived two weeks ago I'm not hopeful for #1 sadly.

14. AFCAD

AFCAD Forum Resident

Yes, post is a bit of a mess and very random at the moment - I have a package that arrived in the country two weeks ago and has been sitting in Sydney since then. My last package only sat in Sydney for a couple of days before heading here.

My experience with Rarewaves is that orders eventually turn up - unfortunately there is no way of knowing where they are until they arrive. Sometimes that can be relatively fast, sometimes not...

westcj, imarcq, iloveguitars and 2 others like this.
  15. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Thats what Im secretly hoping for!

westcj, Mylene, imarcq and 2 others like this.
  16. Big Swifty

This has dropped under $40 this morning. I'm going for it.

Easy-E and imarcq like this.
  17. Big Swifty

Ah, sorry. Algorithm doing it's thing.

imarcq likes this.
  18. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

Got this a couple of days ago and have been really enjoying it; love the old timey gospel stuff and Stanley has a wonderful lonesome voice.

Great to have it come in a large box set with booklet, although they do take up space in the collection - you don't need a magnifying glass to read the liner notes!

imarcq and Big Swifty like this.
  19. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

Gremlins Have Pictures | Light In The Attic Records

I have no legit live releases from the early 1980s. They only one I can recommend is Gremlins Have Pictures, which you may already have. I have the 1986 vinyl release on the UK label Demon, but it has been reissued with extra tracks. Excellent sampling of live tracks from 1975 to 1982 and good sound quality.

imarcq and Big Swifty like this.
  20. imarcq

Nat King Cole - Early Years 7CD box set.

It's $43 from Amazon AU via UK (but $66 with shipping) or marginally less directly from Amazon UK (about $62 shipped) as you can save the difference between VAT and GST. There's a vinyl set available for $217 from Amazon AU via USA. Also £118 + £4.99 (!!!) shipping from Amazon UK (from third party seller Music Magpie)

Resonance's 10 LP Hittin' the Ramp: The Early Years (1936-1943) Is a "Completist" The Nat King Cole Story Prequel

https://amzn.asia/d/hST2UDF

https://amzn.eu/d/4o9tkad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    Easy-E, westcj, jɑmbo and 2 others like this.
  21. Big Swifty

imarcq likes this.
  22. Big Swifty

23. Big Swifty

24. imarcq

westcj likes this.
  25. mdm1979

mdm1979 Forum Resident

westcj likes this.