Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. karmapolice

karmapolice Forum Resident

If anyone with a modest damaged stones mono vinyl box would rather sell it to me than return it let me know how much you would want for it

2. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Trying this again.

I just bought a copy of the Stones box from Amazon, and I marked it as a gift in hopes that they’ll double box it.

If it arrives unscathed, the damaged Target box is going back to Amazon (since Target won’t issue a second replacement copy).

I just took a peek over at the thread about this box, and it seems like a LOT of folks are experiencing split corners. I suspect truly mint copies are going to be hard to come across moving forward.

3. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

No split corners for me. Shipped in great packaging. Arrived with no damage. Now if only I had enough time to finish listening to all the records.

4. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Why return the defective one to Amazon, when you can return it to Target for a refund (which is the proper thing to do)?

Kyhl and jim249 like this.
  5. Folks might want to quit discussing what constitutes as fraud on the forum. Just my 2¢

6. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

My Stones's box was extremely well packed with form fitting foam inserts. The box inside was snug as a bug. Any box splits may not always be Target's doing.

Mike H. likes this.
  7. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Same here. I had the tiniest corner ding on one corner of the box but can’t see how they really could have packed it any better.

8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Mine arrived in the Abkco shipping box with no outer other protection.
    "They" didn't pack mine at all.

9. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Thats the Abkco shipping box, not target.

GentleSenator likes this.
  10. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

Had to approve a delay this morning. Now estimating 2/17.

SJP likes this.
  11. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I noticed a few online shops didn’t get their stock or at least not all of it, so I am guessing this is a Rhino delay.

imail724 likes this.
  12. I bought mine from Target, it came really beat up. Like you, when I went to initiate an exchange they wanted me to ship mine back first. Considering the LPs were mostly fine I didn’t want to risk getting a replacement that was worse so instead I just bought a second one from Target and then returned the first. I actually returned it at a store too as it was easier than packing it up / going to UPS.

13. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

sure. but the packing was adequate. amazon, in my experience, wouldn't have sent it in that box and would have thrown it into a large generic amazon box with maybe some craft paper.

14. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

sadly my BBE Planets jjazz reissue got cancelled from Target.

15. Bvinyl

Bvinyl Well-Known Member

Speaking of Target and bad packaging. Seems like they are trying to play catch up with Amazon. Got a 60 dollar piece of vinyl in today with only a plastic covering. No box, not protection whatsoever... Luckily for me there was no damage.

16. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

I can report that it arrived double boxed - box #1 was the same Styrofoam-lined box that Target sent, and it was sitting in box #2, a generic Amazon box with craft paper to keep it from bouncing around.

This seems to have done the trick. No split corners! (and a lower number than the two that Target sent me)

I also ordered a single LP (thanks @DapperGentleman for the Quilting recommendation, which I really enjoyed & had to snag), and it arrived double boxed as well - an EZ mailer inside another rather large EZ mailer that I've never seen before.
    Both were packaged far better than any vinyl I've received from Amazon in the past. Maybe they're turning a corner?

17. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Target’s shipping is strange. Sometimes it seems drop-shipped by someone else. Then other times, I’ve had some records that seem to be shipped from a store and just thrown in a plastic shipping bag. Last few sales I’ve ordered mostly box sets in separate orders and all have arrived in boxes with snug foam inserts.

Bvinyl and GentleSenator like this.
  18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Regarding The Cure "Wish" vinyl preorder...

Thanks for posting this. I went into the Target site and found that mine was in a "needs approval" status as well.

Strangely, the order says nothing about what it is nor is there a picture. Only the amounts that reflect the November 2022 B2G1 sale. I ordered three copies of the vinyl, one for me and two friends so the entire order is this album.

19. 00Diablo

00Diablo Senior Member

usually, the blank picture and item description in the Target order history is the kiss of death for any pre-orders… it means the item is no longer in their system at all.

20. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

a ton of my preorders went to that, and ive received them all so far

21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it's because they'll load a ton of items into their system during one of the sales.

again: this stuff just gets drop shipped from one of their distributors. nothing to worry about.

hutlock likes this.
  22. The Q2 Continuum

The Q2 Continuum Forum Resident

I think the problems have been with post packing handling. I had no problem with the way the Stones box was factory packed for shipment. I do feel that somewhere along the way, it was mishandled and slammed, not moved with care. You slam any well packaged item and you advance the likelihood that pressure will break something. Target delivered my order in the factory package box alone. There was no additional outer box.

Shawn likes this.
  23. hutlock

Same.

24. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

went back for a 2nd order, and emailed them asking if they could combine orders and ship via UPS since it went over $125 now, and they said of course. Theyre the best.

hutlock likes this.
  25. hutlock

Liking this because I assume you are talking about Plaid Room!

bruinuclafan and Swordsandchains like this.