Indiana Jones 5 (Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny) *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Apart from the PWB character that appears to be a family relation, there doesn't seem to be any romantic interest this time.
    Hey Doctor Jones ........ no time for Love!!!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

He married Marion in the last one, she's probably holding down the fort at home.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Looks like it's going to be a Bond-like opening sequence with a younger Indy, as there's clearly intended to be a history between Indy and Mikkelson's Nazi character.

Indiana Jones 5: VFX Used Unreleased Harrison Ford Footage to De-Age - Variety

4. Old Fart At Play

Old Fart At Play He won't eat it, he hates everything

Hmm. That seems better than old Indiana Jones traveling back to the 1930s in a time machine to change something that young Indiana Jones did, a la “Back to the Future II.”

5. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

My dad loves both film series so he'd probably be all over that. :D though he didn't remember watching Crystal Skull, so...

But yes, a de-aged prelude, something like the first Ant-Man with a deaged Michael Douglas sounds like a fun start.

6. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

I thought I spotted Marion (Karen Allen) briefly in the new trailer that was just released. However, I'm not sure, and IMDB doesn't list Allen in the cast, so... I don't know.

Matthew Tate and fitzysbuna like this.
  7. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I suspect Karen Allen has a quick cameo in this one. They’re not saying much and the fact that they’re not denying her involvement is telling.

fuzzface and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

yea that was her!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

If Marion is in this I hope it is a scene of her and Indy putting flowers on Mutt's grave.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Old Fart At Play

Where?

11. SmallDarkCloud

The scene where a woman is holding onto Indy in the cargo hold of a plane and says "I'm here to rescue you!" I initially thought this was Phoebe Waller-Bridge, but the woman's voice has an American accent (and sounds like Karen Allen, to my ears) and Waller-Bridge appears later in the trailer with an English accent. So...I'm thinking it's Marion on the plane, but you never see her face clearly in the trailer. I don't know, either way. I suppose it could be Waller-Bridge's character taking on an American accent for some reason, or I'm mishearing.

12. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

That is Phoebe. It’s certainly not a 71 year old woman.

BeatleJWOL, twicks and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. SmallDarkCloud

If the rumors that time-travel figures into the plot are true, I can imagine it's a CGI de-aged Karen Allen, a younger Marion, encountering the older Indy somehow. I guess we'll find out in a few months. Whoever it is, their voice is noticeably different that Waller-Bridge's, as heard later in the trailer.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Old Fart At Play

It does sound like Karen Allen. Doesn’t look like her, in my opinion.

***edit*** Actually, I think the “Ahhh” sounds like Karen Allen, but not the “Rescuing you.” LOL

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

She’s shouting, not speaking as she normally does. She has Phoebe’s hair. Also, for whatever it’s worth, the video I watched had captions on and she’s identified as “Helena.”

BeatleJWOL, SmallDarkCloud and twicks like this.
  16. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

No more action scenes with Marion, please.

17. I’ve enjoyed them all even the bad ones. It’s worth it just to see Harrison to return to one of his signature roles.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  18. Nice work if you can get it.

Ghostworld likes this.
  19. Old Fart At Play

I actually kind of like the idea of Indiana Jones in the arctic. For a few scenes, anyway.

Ghostworld and wayneklein like this.
  20. Yeah and in the Garden of Eden but only if there’s nudity (no not Indy nudity).

Old Fart At Play and Ghostworld like this.
  21. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Lucky bastard. He was well hated by those of us living on ramen and sangria.

wayneklein likes this.
  22. I’ve been there. When I got a script optioned, I was suddenly in heavy and the food was better. Pizza.

Ghostworld likes this.
  23. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

As well as his new super hot girlfriend he would bring to class, sometimes. Bastard.

wayneklein likes this.
  24. Ours was Shane Black. He didn’t bring his hot girlfriend to class though. I was jealous. For a while. I don’t think Shane would be jealous though.

Ghostworld likes this.
  25. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I lived next to Christopher McQuarrie on Cloverdale ave. in LA. Lots of writers and actors on that street. Pretty damn cheap in the 90s, considering. My $550 a month apt used to be an old studio's writer's bungalow! (Lot of good it did, ha. It basically helped me learn how to drink Trader Joe's "Two-Buck Chuck"). McQuarrie was sleeping on a buddies' couch across the street. Then he sold "The Usual Suspects" and he showed up one day in a Range Rover with a good looking woman to move out.

Yes, Cindy Lauper, money does change everything. I want some.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023