SPECIAL SHF MOFI OFFER FROM JONIFAN

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by jonifan, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Oh, most definitely. No clicking during songs. Don't have to listen to Adele burping either. :sigh:
    Peace-
    N/t5
    ;)

2. evad

evad Well-Known Member

Has anyone not received their disc's? I placed my order on 12/2/07 and have not received them.

3. japes

japes Senior Member

I placed an order on 11/29/07 and I haven't received mine either.

4. macready

macready New Member

I ordered 10 CD's on 11/18 and have not received anything yet. I have also sent several emails recently which have been ingnored.

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I know that Fred was on vacation until January 3rd or 4th. He was working furiously to get all the discs in the mail before leaving town. He claimed to have over 200 orders to fill. Maybe he didn't get everything out before going on vacation.

Also, I only received six of the nine discs I ordered. Fred told me before leaving on vacation that he ran out of the Earth, Wind & Fire, Allman Brothers, and Edgar Winters discs and was awaiting new stock. He said he would complete my order when he got back from vacation. So, maybe he did not have the discs on hand to fill everyone's order.

6. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Ordered mine on 11/27 and still have not received them. I did get an e-mail saying that he would not be back untill Jan. 3rd, 2008 but have heard anything since that.

7. evad

evad Well-Known Member

Thanks Keith, but it's no excuse for lack of communication.

8. evad

evad Well-Known Member

Is anyone thinking of filing a claim with Paypal? I'm in for $100.

Doing the math: 200 orders x $100 (minimum order) = $20,000 :bigeek:

9. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

YMMV, but I would try to restrain from doing so.

The fact that others haven't yet received their discs simply gives me comfort that my discs aren't just lost in the mail, a thought which has been more disquieting to me.

I don't know Fred well, but I've dealt with him several times in the past, and I sense he's an honorable guy who made a nice offer and got temporarily sidetracked with "life" (be it vacation, or something else). I think patience will ultimately be rewarded with the satisfaction of receiving some nice discs for a nice price.

Cheers!

10. taxman150

taxman150 Forum Resident

I have ordered several times from Fred and he has always come through. My discs were sent by Fred on 12/21 and I have not received them yet. Why? Likely because they were sent media mail and media mail packages can take up to 3 weeks to arrive, perhaps even longer given the holidays.

Would I have liked to receive my discs sooner? Of course, but I am willing to wait a bit longer for the great discounts that Fred provides to forum members.

11. mrbooboy

mrbooboy Forum Resident

I've ordered from Fred a handful of times and have never been disappointed. While I haven't received the CDs I purchased either, I figure it is as simple as...

Media Mail + Holiday Season = Super Slow Delivery

I'm not concerned yet.

David

12. bresna

bresna Senior Member

I ordered 10 and they all came in. Fred did say he would be unable to mail anything or E-mail until after the holidays.

13. KeithH

I did not say it was an excuse. I was simply relaying what I knew.

Before jumping to conclusions, consider that Fred has an excellent reputation here. We also don't know if something happened that explains the delays and lack of communication.

14. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Many of us went well over the $100 minimum, I wouldn't be surprised if the total is closer to 30K.

Probably overwhelmed the guy, trying to keep up with orders, running out of stock on certain titles and trying to have a holiday. Plus lengthy shipping times are beyond his control.

I wouldn't worry about Fred coming through (but then that's easy for me to say...my order arrived quickly back in mid December :))
    It was my first order with him and he was great, answering questions and offering opinions on the titles.

15. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

What's all this chatter about? Not getting your packages from jonifan? I've placed about a dozen separate orders with him over the last couple of years, including a nice stack of discs in response to his special holiday offer, and all of them including the special holiday offer stack of discs, arrived in perfect shape.

The special holiday offer stack of discs arrived in December before left town for the holidays (circa December 20th).

The last order I received from him was the Rush Permanent Waves disc; that arrived a few days ago.

I'm looking forward to when he starts making the new Santana MFSL disc available for sale, so I can place my order for it!

Craig(VC).

16. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Good grief. So much for the accuracy of my memory....

I looked up the transaction on PayPal and I sent my order on Nov. 17, 2007 (the same day he posted this thread).

According to USPS delivery confirmation:
    "Your item was delivered at 1:06 PM on November 24, 2007 in PORTLAND, OR 97219."

Sheesh! My memory was only about a month off! :o

Anyway, I'm guessing he just got overwhelmed after a while by the response to this offer, and couldn't get everything packaged up and sent out before he left for the holidays.

Maybe he's waiting to put the Santana disc up on eBay until he can catch up?

Best I can recommend is patience. Once you get the discs (and I'm confident you will unless they are lost by USPS), and you remember how little you paid for them, you'll be smiling about them for years to come. :)

Craig(VC).

17. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I still think he should of at least sent an email to everyone to let them know what was going on. That is just common sense imo.

18. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

My RUSH order arrived fine, just after Xmas but before New Years IIRC.

19. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

With all due respect, he should definitely reply to email messages. He should do so quickly, because I would defnitely be worried -- this pattern is consistent with a seller that cannot meet obligations, and uses new money to cover old until at some point the whole thing collapses. He should respond to emails or post here to put people at ease.

20. KeithH

Yes, ideally, he should. However, there may be a good explanation for this situation. Many people assume the worst, meaning the worst situation they as buyers could find themselves in here -- stiffed on a purchase of CDs. Perhaps something serious happened to jonifan. I hope not, but lacking information to the contrary, we have to consider all possibilities.

21. Great Deceiver

Great Deceiver Active Member

As has been said before, he has a really stellar reputation and I and other forum members have never had a problem with him. I put in an order with him for the $100 minimum and received my CDs with no problem. I would say wait and to give him a chance. All the speculation about him now does not match up at all with past experiences by SH forum members.

22. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Utterly agree with you on this one.

23. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Hi folks:
    I just tried to call Fred and got his voice mail. It's pretty late here so I told him I was crashing and would try again tomorrow night. I'll LYK what I find out then even if it's nothing. Hoping for the best-I really like the guy a lot.
    Happy New Years!
    Best-
    N/t5

24. macready

macready New Member

Any updates? :confused:

25. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident

I ordered the Rush cd months and months ago via Ebay, and have since moved from the UK to New Zealand. I emailed him and told him, but I think in the confusion he has posted it to the UK. It has been that long, I can't find the transaction on Ebay, not even in the feedback forum.

**Just checked Paypal - I paid on the 13th October 2007**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.