Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Noticed a lot of vinyl in local walmarts are being tagged with yellow discount stickers down to $14.61.
    Keep an eye out for the deals as I think they might be ready to throw in the towel as there has been no restock since the big november sale.

JasonA, MikeInFla and DLD like this.
  2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I wouldn’t assume they’re throwing in the towel. I’ve seen some restock and new stock at my local stores (at least some of them) since the November sale, but I’ve also seen a bunch of the same old titles which didn’t move during the sale still on the shelves.

GentleSenator and faceinthecrowd like this.
  3. masterbucket

We have 5 locations in town and another 5 just outside city and none have put a single new title in since right before black friday.
    Definitely unusual as we always stayed stock previously.

MikeInFla likes this.
  4. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Our Walmart here has several new titles today. Saw Queen A Day At The Races and several other new titles that weren’t there last week.

fmfxray373, CryptoSurfer and marcb like this.
  5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Exactly. It’s unlikely Walmart is getting out of vinyl. They’re likely just unloading crap…perhaps to replace with newer stock?

MikeInFla likes this.
  6. I picked up 'A Day At The Races' last Monday.

MikeInFla and faceinthecrowd like this.
  7. masterbucket

Looking for Sheer Heart Attack red lp.

8. Marc Perman

Marc Perman Forum Resident

Metallica's Kill Em All was back in stock this week.

CryptoSurfer and black sheriff like this.
  9. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Have any other LPs to compare it with?
    ADATR my favorite!

10. I have many different pressing of 'A Day At The Races' on vinyl, however I have not had a chance to listen to the Walmart pressing. I will post here once I've done so.

11. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Great!
    THANKS

CryptoSurfer likes this.
  12. The Q2 Continuum

The Q2 Continuum Forum Resident

No such luck on deals at my local Walmart, though I have to admit, there is infinitely more meat on the bones of a dedicated anorexic than on Wally’s vinyl racks locally. Pathetic would be an upbeat description of their open stock. :cry:

masterbucket and Timothy Fiacco like this.
  13. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Yeah a few of them have been in constant availability. I'm waiting for "Garage Inc." to make a return :D

14. cowboy72

cowboy72 Forum Resident

My closest store has some selection, if someone is looking for something particular. No Sheer Heart Attack, but also I didn’t notice the sale stickers. That seems to be hit and miss around my area.

masterbucket likes this.
  15. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Anyone try the wood glue method on the "Made In Italy" Stone Temple Pilots Purple? Am trying now. Will keep you posted.

Developing...

16. marcb

marcb Senior Member

The Walmart Queen LPs are the same cuts which have been in use since at least 2015. Plenty on comments out there on all of them if you do a search.

17. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

The color vinyl titles from the UK Box Set Rock! The LP from the NOTW box is the best I've ever heard. The other recent Hollywood titles are questionable with mastering and vinyl playback.

18. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Aren’t they all from the Ludwig digital production masters?

19. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Possibly(?) but they really stand out, especially the NOTW. The titles from the box on really clean vinyl.

20. marcb

marcb Senior Member

But still all the same somewhat compressed, somewhat polite EQ cuts just on different colored vinyl. I didn’t editorialize in my original post but I feel kinda compelled to present something closer to the consensus view on most of them (1&2 excepted by default…)

joelee likes this.
  21. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Wood glue treatment on side 1 of my STP Purple yielded significant imrpovement - not 100%, as there is still some noise between tracks amd in the runout groove but the audible noise during the actual tracks is largely gone, except maybe 1 or 2 pops. Debating wheter to do side 2, as that side wasn't as bad, but overall an improvement.

warpig, ivor, sbsugar and 4 others like this.
  22. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

23. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

24. Mickactual

Mickactual Humble indie rock musician

I really wish they'd do the $15 sale more than just once a year. Every week I visit my local WM and go through the albums. There's rarely anything new, and this particular store never puts yellow clearance stickers on any vinyl. Same old stuff sitting there since November. The only new additions I've noticed are A Day At The Races and a few Disney film soundtracks.

It pays to check the website periodically. This morning I noticed both the gold Carole King Tapestry and the blue Boston were back in stock after long absences - though both had been available in the interim at very inflated prices from the "Marketplace S̶c̶a̶l̶p̶e̶r̶s Sellers" (never understood why WM even allows that). Hoping a few others I let slip through the cracks initially will show up again soon, as well.

25. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

When I was at Walmart yesterday I saw some random "Licensed to Ill" (Beastie Boys) Walmart exclusives on the shelves. I bought one on eBay a while back, didn't think they'd be back in stock again :D